Possible hard brick

Search This thread

Phrive

Jun 6, 2008
Essex
Hey,

I installed TWRP as I have done many times before using the links from here and Odin, now all that happens is TeamWin flashes up every few seconds if I get into recovery, if I do adb reboot download, it just goes to the samsung splash screen and sits there forever. All I have access to is adb recovery, so I can open a adb shell, but from there I can do nothing.

I feel it is bricked, unless anyone knows what I can do from adb, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's not so much the issue twrp I need help with, I assume I did something wrong and that's caused the brick, but more the possible things I can do to fix.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hey,

I installed TWRP as I have done many times before using the links from here and Odin, now all that happens is TeamWin flashes up every few seconds if I get into recovery, if I do adb reboot download, it just goes to the samsung splash screen and sits there forever. All I have access to is adb recovery, so I can open a adb shell, but from there I can do nothing.

I feel it is bricked, unless anyone knows what I can do from adb, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's not so much the issue twrp I need help with, I assume I did something wrong and that's caused the brick, but more the possible things I can do to fix.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

So did you backup the original boot partition? If not, maybe just use odin and flash your rom back. The term 'bricked' means the device is completely unresponsive, that's not your case. It's not 'bricked'.

zenitsu man

Jul 29, 2022
i can help go to adb recovery remove usb cable hold power+volume up+down all three together once the device vibrates only remove power button keep holding volume up+down and plug in the usb cable(connected to computer) immediately otherwise it may go to Samsung screen then in odin mode just download firmware from samfw website and flash ap file done

zenitsu man

Jul 29, 2022
if it shows Samsung logo its not a hard brick its a soft brick i had my tab hard bricked actually no response to charger screen doesn't turn on nothing i gave it to repair guy he just removed battery put it back and it started lol

Phrive

Jun 6, 2008
Essex
i can help go to adb recovery remove usb cable hold power+volume up+down all three together once the device vibrates only remove power button keep holding volume up+down and plug in the usb cable(connected to computer) immediately otherwise it may go to Samsung screen then in odin mode just download firmware from samfw website and flash ap file done
I 'think' I've sorted it, turning the device of in this state just don't seem to do anything or is too quick not sure.

If I get it into 'recovery' I can then do adb reboot and as soon as I hit enter hold both volume buttons and it makes it into download.

Currently reflashing the stock rom so thank you :)