Possible Module question: Can a module be made to disable/redirect "in-app" links?

Search This thread

shaneaus

Nov 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
Possible Module question: Can a module be made to disable/redirect "in-app" links?

Greetings, I apologize if this has been asked before. I did some searching and didn't find any answers any place else. So, hoping someone can help.

The biggest frustration I have as an Android user is all of the apps FORCING links to open within an "in-app" browser/youtube instance. For me this generally works like crap. I ALWAYS use "desktop mode" for my browser anyway. It is just super frustrating. Instagram just opened a YouTube link in this fashion and there was no link to open it in the full app/I wasn't signed in/couldn't add to watch later/etc. Crap link this makes me want to throw my phone against the wall (and, I don't generally get frustrated). Maybe, that is why it is the first time I opened Instagram in over a couple of months. But, so many other apps are doing this now and it just pisses me off when it happens.

Does anyone know of a way to disable this or is there an Exposed Module that can force all links to re-direct to the full app? If not, I'd pay someone to create a module that works!

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@shaneaus, There's an app out there called "Open Link With" that sounds like it may address that situation. Available via F-Droid and the Play Store.
Most apps with in-app browsing (also called chrome tabs) should have a means of turning that off. I don't care for them either.
In the Xposed Installer app, Download section, do a search and see what you come up with. "open link" and "open with" returns a few items. defim's CustomShare seems more universal than the other hits. Haven't used it before though.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, AospExtended v4.6 ROM, LlamaSweet 0.5 Kernel, microG (NoGapps), Multiboot, XDA Legacy

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also you have app called "Better Open With" to do this like you said.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 4X przy użyciu Tapatalka