• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Possible or Not? Factory reset bricked Pixel 2.

Search This thread

OilyBigMac

Jun 14, 2021
I've spent hours searching and cannot find a definite answer to my question. I see others have asked HOW to fix this issue, I just want to know if it is possible.

Is it possible to factory reset my device or not?

Bootloader is NOT UNLOCKED, and I am stuck on bootloader screen.
"Bootlinux Failed: Not started" when trying recovery mode.
"Slot Unbootable: Load Error" when trying to start.
My device is obviously not found under adb devices as it is locked, but does show up in fastboot devices.
My computer does recognize the android device as well.

Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and get it operational?

Last edited:
Reactions: opev3
D

Deleted member 11619513

I'd say you're out of luck, I've had the slot unbootable error/ authload error and both usually require re flashing the bootloader, radio, boot.img or a full factory image restore via flash-all to restore via an unlocked BL. I haven't seen any other methods available for the walleye with a locked bootloader I can offer either.

OilyBigMac

Jun 14, 2021
I'd say you're out of luck, I've had the slot unbootable error/ authload error and both usually require re flashing the bootloader, radio, boot.img or a full factory image restore via flash-all to restore via an unlocked BL. I haven't seen any other methods available for the walleye with a locked bootloader I can offer either.
Thanks for your reply,

Surely Google or some super nerd would know how? But I think I am also out of luck.

Thanks though.

OilyBigMac

Jun 14, 2021
Hi! I don't know if could helps, but did you try to sideload full OTA through recovery mode? This should be go with locked BL too, but I am not sure if you have to have enable usb debuging...
Hey Somin,

I haven't fully looked into that option yet, started to give up. But I can't access recovery mode or even get out of bootloader, and usb debugging is not enabled, oem is locked.

If you have any further information or ideas I would be really keen to hear.

Thanks,
Alex

somin.n

Feb 3, 2013
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hey Somin,

I haven't fully looked into that option yet, started to give up. But I can't access recovery mode or even get out of bootloader, and usb debugging is not enabled, oem is locked.

Thanks,
Alex
Did you tried to get to recovery from bootloader screen or with key combination too?

OilyBigMac

Jun 14, 2021
Hi! I don't know if could helps, but did you try to sideload full OTA through recovery mode? This should be go with locked BL too, but I am not sure if you have to have enable usb debuging...
Hey Somin,

Thanks,
Alex
Did you tried to get to recovery from bootloader screen or with key combination too?
I do appreciate your help, but as I just mentioned, I am stuck in bootloader screen and get errors when trying to access recovery, download, start or any other option. Obviously using the hard reset only brings me to bootloader where I am stuck.

Is this what you're referring to with key combination?

somin.n

Feb 3, 2013
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Is this what you're referring to with key combination?
Hi! No ;) Shut down your phone and try "the game" with power button and vol+ btn... I didn't find any tutorial and it is slightly lottery, but you could get directly to recovery mode if you will press this btns in correct way:
- try to hold them for long time
- try to hold power btn and quick pushing vol+
If you will get to "no command" screen, press again pwr+vol up and you should be in recovery mode. Good luck

OilyBigMac

Jun 14, 2021
Hi! No ;) Shut down your phone and try "the game" with power button and vol+ btn... I didn't find any tutorial and it is slightly lottery, but you could get directly to recovery mode if you will press this btns in correct way:
- try to hold them for long time
- try to hold power btn and quick pushing vol+
If you will get to "no command" screen, press again pwr+vol up and you should be in recovery mode. Good luck
Interesting, I get the same error message as I do when I try to enter Download Mode. So this is different than the power and volume down, and different than just restarting it.

So far I just keep getting back to bootloader screen saying operation denied. But might keep trying it here and there haha.

Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've spent hours searching and cannot find a definite answer to my question. I see others have asked HOW to fix this issue, I just want to know if it is possible.

Bootloader is NOT UNLOCKED, and I am stuck on bootloader screen.
    "Bootlinux Failed: Not started" when trying recovery mode.
    "Slot Unbootable: Load Error" when trying to start.
    My device is obviously not found under adb devices as it is locked, but does show up in fastboot devices.
    My computer does recognize the android device as well.

Is there any way to flash a custom ROM and get it operational?
    Thanks for your reply,

Surely Google or some super nerd would know how? But I think I am also out of luck.

Thanks though.