Possible overheating?

Search This thread

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
I'm wondering if the compact version will also suffer from 4k video/image processing overheating. I just now have discovered that the Z2 and even the Z3 on IFA during some hands on's had overheating issues while using the camera.

Does anyone of you with a Z1 compact had this issue or is this maybe only present on Z2/Z3 with Full HD?

I guess i will be waiting until someone reports that everything is fine before i buy that. I was very disappointed years ago by the X10. I really like xperia phones but they had always major flaws. and this is something i cant regret if i pay so much money for it.

hope also it will have also gorilla glas or dragontail for the glass. on back and front.

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
I'm wondering if the compact version will also suffer from 4k video/image processing overheating. I just now have discovered that the Z2 and even the Z3 on IFA during some hands on's had overheating issues while using the camera.

Does anyone of you with a Z1 compact had this issue or is this maybe only present on Z2/Z3 with Full HD?

I guess i will be waiting until someone reports that everything is fine before i buy that. I was very disappointed years ago by the X10. I really like xperia phones but they had always major flaws. and this is something i cant regret if i pay so much money for it.

hope also it will have also gorilla glas or dragontail for the glass. on back and front.

Well it depends what you mean with overheating.

All phones will become hot, especially when using the camera or playing a game.
It's normal. Really all phones have that "issue" some can mask it better then others tho

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
Well it depends what you mean with overheating.

All phones will become hot, especially when using the camera or playing a game.
It's normal. Really all phones have that "issue" some can mask it better then others tho

i dont mean that its gets a little bit warm/hot. i mean overheating. So much that the camera app force closes with a message that the phone is too hot for another video recording or image shooting. just take a look at z2 forum. this is not normal. im just curious if this happens only on the big brother or also on the compact series.

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
First, I don't know if it will overheat or not.

But I think it does not depend on the resolution of the display, because the device has to calculate the input from the camera. And that input is massive for 4k.

robertkoa

May 27, 2014
One review said the Z3 Compact in 4 K Video Mode shut down automatically after 10 minutes but auto saved the Video.

Other functions no reports of serious overheating.