Possible tampering or what?

Search This thread

namdrop22

Aug 11, 2015
Ok. Last year someone was able to tunnel into my network at home. Alot of crazy s*** went down. Long story short, I think there's something fishy going on again.. let me explain.

Everytime I get a new phone, laptop, desktop, etc. I start finding a ridiculous amount of hidden files and folders. The PC side is no longer the issue, now its moved to Android, I think?..

The question I want to know, is how can I compare my what my phone should be installing after a factory reset, file wise? I've looked for a list online to compare with and no luck so far. I also found that there is a partition of the internal storage, completely hidden and inaccessible. Like.. I can't see anything. Add that with permissions being changed randomly so I'm not able to take full control over these pesky little buggers.

In short, I'm either wayyyy to high off that last dab, or my phone is being tampered with. What can I do? Here's what I'm working with.
Samsung A21 (SM-S215DL) using Straight Talk. Attached is a screenshot of the SW mumbo jumbo. I really hope someone can help. TIA!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-013034_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-013034_Settings.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 8

SKELEKINETIC

May 24, 2017
Realme 6 Pro
Look at the running apps and services, anything utilizating root or kernel or system privileges will not be in that list unless it's using a app to bootstrap but if you have a weird duplicate system app or an app with a strange name could help you narrow it down. if you have usb debugging enabled you may be able to run a logcat as well to see what messages the system is generating.
Does samsung offer any tools to read the boot log? You might find something In that too. Lastly, well you should do this first, check if there are any exploits or vulnerabilities with your phones software and hardware. Google search " chipset-or-software-name-here + escalate vulnerable cve exploit "

Check past software versions too, you could get hit while the vuln is unknown or lesser known then it patches the manufacturers patches.

Can u elaborate on these file systems or folders you say you have that are invisible?

Reactions: namdrop22

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Unless you loaded malware, a trojan etc on to the phone either in data from the PC, email download, an app you installed or a download from the internet.
Even so it would die with a factory reset... so do another factory reset so if you think so.
Then be careful what you allow into it.
Don't let anyone use your phone or access any of your devices ie flashcards, PC etc.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Run

to check whether phone's Android got tampered or not

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No no. You're missing the question here.
    May be. :)
    A Factory Reset doesn't install anything, it wipes all user apps and data. A Factory Reset never touches Android OS itself.
    Look at the running apps and services, anything utilizating root or kernel or system privileges will not be in that list unless it's using a app to bootstrap but if you have a weird duplicate system app or an app with a strange name could help you narrow it down. if you have usb debugging enabled you may be able to run a logcat as well to see what messages the system is generating.
    Does samsung offer any tools to read the boot log? You might find something In that too. Lastly, well you should do this first, check if there are any exploits or vulnerabilities with your phones software and hardware. Google search " chipset-or-software-name-here + escalate vulnerable cve exploit "

Check past software versions too, you could get hit while the vuln is unknown or lesser known then it patches the manufacturers patches.

Can u elaborate on these file systems or folders you say you have that are invisible?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone