Possible to change from 4GB ram to 6GB ram on Pixel 3XL?

Search This thread

Carson Cheung

Feb 28, 2015
Hong Kong
I'm a Pixel 3 XL user.

Generally speaking, the phone have been doing pretty great, I really enjoy using it. However, there's one major thing that really makes me feel frustrated, which is the "Ram management".

4GB ram is just not enough for handling multiple background apps running, especially when I open the camera, spotify will always get closed automatically. Therefore, I'm just curious is that possible to remove the 4GB ram and replace it with the 6GB ram, just like someone put the LG V10 4GB ram on a Nexus 5X a few years ago.

swieder711

I'm a Pixel 3 XL user.

Generally speaking, the phone have been doing pretty great, I really enjoy using it. However, there's one major thing that really makes me feel frustrated, which is the "Ram management".

4GB ram is just not enough for handling multiple background apps running, especially when I open the camera, spotify will always get closed automatically. Therefore, I'm just curious is that possible to remove the 4GB ram and replace it with the 6GB ram, just like someone put the LG V10 4GB ram on a Nexus 5X a few years ago.

I doubt whether the RAM on the Pixel 3 can be upgraded. Have you tried the Kirisakura kernel? It has improved memory management compared to stock. As a Pixel 3 owner using this kernel, I have never had application performance issues. Requires ROOT which is less intrusive than changing a memory chip.

Carson Cheung

Feb 28, 2015
Hong Kong
I doubt whether the RAM on the Pixel 3 can be upgraded. Have you tried the Kirisakura kernel? It has improved memory management compared to stock. As a Pixel 3 owner using this kernel, I have never had application performance issues. Requires ROOT which is less intrusive than changing a memory chip.

Sounds great! So after installing the Kirisakura kernel, could I still install the OTA monthly security updates like before...? Or I have to wait for the kernel update?