Question Possible to disable rtt (real time text) button?

Search This thread

voland66

Jul 18, 2012
My new A32 5G on t-mobile comes with rtt call button set to "visible during the calls". The only other option is "always visible". As a result RTT call button is always on a call screen and I already accidntally activated it a couple of times during the call thus switching to RTT mode. I am never going to intentionally initiated RTT mode on my side and even though the intended user of this phone is hard of hearing, that person will in fact be completely lost if they do initiate it (and they will do so by accident). So I have a couple of questions.
First, since I have not seen this discussed yet I wonder whether other t-mobile users also have that "feature" or am I a rare exception? (Though I have two devices and both have RTT visible during all calls.)
The second question is -- is there a way to disable that button?

voland66

Jul 18, 2012
For some reason real time text started showing up during my phone calls. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. I don't need this feature, I don't like this feature and I want it gone.
Do you use the original dialer or a google phone dialer? In my case I realized that the problem only exists with google phone (which is the one I use). The original Samsung dialer has the RTT entry safely hidden in the three dot overflow menu. At least when RTT is set to "only visible during the calls" in the settings.
I still prefer using google phone and that would need "not shown" (or whatever the correct name) entry that Samsung removed from the settings.

financeledger

May 31, 2021

vondeliusc

Jun 19, 2021
Apparently, via other forums, if your caller has RTT on, you get it automatically (unconfirmed).
My Galaxy S10+ has NO off switch for RTT. The default dialer via Verizon/Samsung took a UI dive recently.
I installed the Google dialer and the UI was better, but RTT was on EVERY call.
I had to get RID of it, and finally, I found ACR Phone Dialer in the Google Play Store:
Highly recommend.
-Christian