Question Possible to get Android 12 via China rom?

Search This thread

p_noch

Nov 27, 2007

&(*) May I ask, have you ever figure out how to bypass region check on Duel 2?

For some reason, mine always stuck at "the current system is not compatible with the hardware" no matter the method.

I have even unlocked to try your posted method but no avail.

Cheers

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
Was able to retrieve the update after granting the permission under the Security app for WLAN for System Update. Received both .340 and .360. Apparently the default is for Mobile data to request the permission and not for WLAN, so it manually has to be toggled. Probably the #1 reason so many other Legion Duel 2 owner's are stuck on outdated firmware considering the Global rom doesn't have the Security app from what I remember. For future reference you can find the downloaded update after enabling hidden folders and searching your main local storage for the .zuiota directory. Please keep in mind the update is deleted after the phone restarts and boots/mounts the updated system; copying it for archival purposes to downloads or external storage is advised.
Hi Humblefox, I got through all the steps successfully to install the Feb, 22 - 13.5.332 ST cn rom. However, i can't upgrade to the latest 360 rom. I have set the WLAN (automatic downloading under wlan). I even tried running a VPN through Hong Kong unsuccessfully. Gave whatever permissions to the system service update app as well. I don't know why your getting the update & i'm not.

Reactions: Shirumitsu

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
**updated the instructions, check the how-to_README**

@p_noch & @turbo30001
I think the updates aren't being received because of the serial on your device which registers as a Duel 2 not a Pro 2 with Lenovo's update server. I read that there is going to be a ZUI 14 (Android 13 update) for Pro 2, maybe they pulled the updates for the new release version?
As for the trouble you are both experiencing, it helps to read the thread fully to understand how the process of updating and region changing was figured out. @bukeyolacan was the main tester and discovered from another thread which partitions were necessary to preserve for the region change thanks to @mrgreapes (and can also apparently write mandarin to request help from those in china), whereas @&(*) mainly provided the resources, software + drivers, and support for it to be possible at first, and @HumbleFox ironed it all out with his clear instructions for the switch from Duel 2 to Pro 2 altogether. Keep in mind that there are still bugs between the two models that may not be resolved, like the fingerprint sensor, which only works with Pro 2 models after switching from ROW to CN at the moment. I've gathered the updates for you both and others who may be experiencing the same issue of downloading the final 12 build, which may or may not be possible with your Duel 2. Try them out with the link provided and click Download All at the top right corner of the drive link. Make sure you read the readme file provided for a clear understaning of how to apply the updates.

Last edited:

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
@p_noch & @turbo30001
I think the updates aren't being received because of the serial on your device which registers as a Duel 2 not a Pro 2 with Lenovo's update server. I read that there is going to be a ZUI 14 (Android 13 update) for Pro 2, maybe they pulled the updates for the new release version?
As for the trouble you are both experiencing, it helps to read the thread fully to understand how the process of updating and region changing was figured out. @bukeyolacan was the main tester and discovered from another thread which partitions were necessary to preserve for the region change thanks to @mrgreapes (and can also apparently write mandarin to request help from those in china), whereas @&(*) mainly provided the resources, software + drivers, and support for it to be possible at first, and @HumbleFox ironed it all out with his clear instructions for the switch from Duel 2 to Pro 2 altogether. Keep in mind that there are still bugs between the two models that may not be resolved, like the fingerprint sensor, which only works with Pro 2 models after switching from ROW to CN at the moment. I've gathered the updates for you both and others who may be experiencing the same issue of downloading the final 12 build, which may or may not be possible with your Duel 2. Try them out with the link provided and click Download All at the top right corner of the drive link. Make sure you read the readme file provided for a clear understaning of how to apply the updates.
thanks. RE; fingerprint, i guess in my case i started with 137 ST Global rom, then inadvertantly tried to update to 188 CN rom via QFIL process. It resulted in what other members report, "hardware is not compatible" message. So then i used RSA to then reflash 188 CN ROM (noting i originally had the 137 global rom) & it accepted it !! Once i got 188 running, i went back through the QFIL for the A12 & success. Fingerprint sensor works perfectly obviously since its a CN rom. Then i think i used APK desktop website to download Google Services & sideload because the widget explained in the thread didn't do anything for me. It was a long road until i got all the apps i wanted. Still have a problem with the Android Auto. Currently cannot convert into a systems app. Failure on not enough space. Question, would i need to apply the updates incremently? And would i need to reload all my Google apps again? RSA cannot take a snapshot. Is there any other way for backup?

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
You have to unlock your bootloader (enable OEM unlocking, and flash sn.img) or find a working exploit for kernel 5.4 that hasn't been patched. For those having trouble getting the sn.img from ZUI unlock, try this method.
Thanks for the insight. Don't know why the iunlock site doesn't work. Even used a yahoo email address. Submit button just doesn't work.

xregx

Apr 21, 2014
Hola, alguien logro hacer funcionar android auto en la ROM CN 13.5.380? Se necesita ser root o en stock es posible? Estoy pensando en cambiar de teléfono solo por esa razon, si puedo evitarlo mejor

Hello, someone managed to make android auto work in the CN 13.5.380 ROM? Is it necessary to be root or in stock is it possible?
I'm thinking of changing phones just for that reason, if I can avoid it better...

Gracias por la ayuda de antemano

Thanks for the help in advance

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
You have to unlock your bootloader (enable OEM unlocking, and flash sn.img) or find a working exploit for kernel 5.4 that hasn't been patched. For those having trouble getting the sn.img from ZUI unlock, try this method.
Still no response from the iunlock site. I've looked at your alternative method & it still requires a sn.img download which to me when i try it gives me a file sn.img.crdownload 6kb. I can't take that the leap of faith on this file, otherwise the method seems easy enough to follow. FYI, i've now updated to the 380 rom. Is there any other way to root the zui12?

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
In theory, should the new android A13 firmware be upgradable by the same QFIL process?

im currently sitting on 13.5.380 which is A12.

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 9

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
Everytime i access the partitions table via QFIL, i can't find those listed in the guide. Fpinfo & frp does not exist. However, i get frp & super at those addresses. I've opened the files in HxD & checked the address at 800, i have 00's when i expected my serial number.

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
@turbo30001 ,

You're probably going to need a scrubbed SN.img. Have you tried to search for your serial # within other partitions? The problem is identifying every value that should be kept private and removed from an SN.img so that it doesn't create complications for the device.

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
@turbo30001 ,

You're probably going to need a scrubbed SN.img. Have you tried to search for your serial # within other partitions? The problem is identifying every value that should be kept private and removed from an SN.img so that it doesn't create complications for the device.
No i haven't tried searching the other partitions. Thanks for the tip, i will start downlading & checking. Will take some time to complete. Yes, if i could get a copy of a SN.img with the serial & IMEI details in, i could replace this file with my serial & IMEI details. I assume this is what you mean by scrubbed.

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
No i haven't tried searching the other partitions. Thanks for the tip, i will start downlading & checking. Will take some time to complete. Yes, if i could get a copy of a SN.img with the serial & IMEI details in, i could replace this file with my serial & IMEI details. I assume this is what you mean by scrubbed.
Ok i've downloaded all the files & did a search. The file that came up is Logfs 0x0006A7CF & that has my serial number but given the names of the partition, i don't think the file is of any significance.

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
I think the issue is Lenovo only supports the Legion line of devices within mainland and neighboring regions now. Try the returnees vpn app suggested on this thread and then try to get your sn.img through the browser app on your phone from ZUI . If you receive an update for ZUI 14, navigate to .zuiota directory (show hidden directories/files needs to be enabled) while it is updating and copy the update to another folder before restarting the phone so it can be provided and archived (like I did with the other updates).

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
Were you successful @turbo30001 with my previous suggestion? You may need to clear google services cache (read here for reference). I believe Lenovo blacklisted US IP addresses from using the ZUI unlock site or Motorola now manages the server for the US.

turbo30001

Aug 15, 2014
Were you successful @turbo30001 with my previous suggestion? You may need to clear google services cache (read here for reference). I believe Lenovo blacklisted US IP addresses from using the ZUI unlock site or Motorola now manages the server for the US.
I tried it a few times unsuccessfully. OTA Updates not recognized even after the suggested Shangai VPN. I didn't clear the cache but i will try after reading your followup. Problem is that my device is a Legion Dual 2 with the Legion 2 Pro ROM flashed so my serial number assigned probably doesn't work for the OTA updates. Are all SN.img files the same except for the IMEI & serial number? If so, all i would need is a copy & highlighted address section as i can enter my details.

Metsavend

Apr 10, 2022
HI i have Legion Phone Duel 2 (verison with pro 2 fw) i installed all in steps , backups and restored 3 things.
When i start phone says that that firmware is not compatibility with this device hardware. what i did wrong or how i cant fix it ?

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
HI i have Legion Phone Duel 2 (verison with pro 2 fw) i installed all in steps , backups and restored 3 things.
When i start phone says that that firmware is not compatibility with this device hardware. what i did wrong or how i cant fix it ?
Persist and modem need to be flashed from the previous build before first boot to the ZUI13 build. Were you running Global prior to upgrading (AliExpress version, which is a Pro 2 running the Duel 2 system)? Read through this post and follow the steps after you have extracted both modem and persist from the previous build you were running (no need to flash the whole previous build, just those two partitions).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    como esta o uso? achou algum bug? valeu a pena atualizar para essa versão zui 13? outra coisa como tu instalou os patch de segurança?
    I updated, had the global version and put the CN version. it is much better, with more functions, the security patch is more current.
    So far I haven't found any bugs
    Successful Experience in flashing Global > CN ROM A12

Phone model : Lenovo Legion 2 Pro (China)
    Specs : 256GB Storage, 12GB RAM
    Previous ROM : Global ROM ROW_12.5.188
    Current ROM : CN ROM CN_13.5.360

Note that from top till end, I’m referring the guides which provide by mrgreapes #13. You can follow his guide completely without looking at this one. I’m more on sharing my experiences and consolidate the require tools and ROMs.(since someone asked how I flash it)

And whoever attempt to flash with this guide, please note that I bear no responsibility for anything, do it at your own risk. <:/

1 - Preparation
    Tools that you will need:

- Lenovo RSA – for rollback to Global_ROM purposehttps://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/rescue_and_smart_assistant_v6.1.1.9_signed_setup.exe
    https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/rescue_and_smart_assistant_v6.1.1.9_signed_setup.exe

- QFIL and drivers
    How to install -
    Contributor: mrgreapes #13

ROMS
    - CN_ROM

L70081_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00017.0_R_ZUI_12.5.591_ST_210514_qpst
    https://meta.box.lenovo.com/v/link/view/b7dd980e0e874b58b2a6d683ad63adac
    Contributor: Shadow27Jirka #6

- CN_Android 12 update (update.zip)
    https://mobile-ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/202247163311928-8871.zip
    Contributor: bukeyolacan #82

2 - Begin to Flash CN ROM
    Backup your data
    Before you begin to start flashing your phone, please backup all your important data, because during the process, it will delete all the data in your phone.​
    *You can use RSA tool or any other method to backup your data.​
    Install QFIL and drivers
    Install QFIL and Drivers, you can refer to this video for the tools’ download link, how to install and backup partition.​
    For what I download and used:​

3 - Backup Partition

you can refer to this video for how to backup partition, follow his method to backup and rename the partitions files.​

Boot your phone into EDL mode, in Lenovo Legion 2 Pro wise, you will have to:​
    • Turn your phone off
    • Hold Vol. buttons + & - and power button
    • Release all the buttons when you see your phone screen blinked once
    • Connect your phone side Type-C port to your PC (the 1 next to the volume buttons.)
    • Launch QFIL, you should see QDloader with port number as picture below:
    Qfil detect.png

In QFIL, setup with CN_ROM as picture below:​
    qfil setup.png
    • Select Tool > Partition manager, it will prompt you an alert as picture shown below, but just click ok:
    partition manager confirmation.png

• Now you should see a list of partitions, the partitions that you need to backup for later restore purpose:
      • modem_a
      • modem_b
      • persist
    **Please make sure you backup these partitions, because according to mrgreapes #13, if you don’t, later on you will lost your IMEI and some sensor might not working.

For what I do:
    I personally backed up more partitions (for feeling secure?), but I only restored the 3 partitions which mentioned above.

4 - Start flashing CN ROM

Once you done all the steps mentioned above, you are ready to flash your phone.​
    Select Configuration > FireHost Configuration, and setup according to the picture below and click ok:
    firehost setup.png

Then you should be back to the main page, select meta build and make sure all the setup according to the picture shown below:​
    DownloadCont.png

When everything is good, click on Download Content button and let it run till finished.​
    Once Download Content is finished, remain the connection of your phone with your PC, Hold Power button of the phone for like 20 seconds+, it will boot your phone up.​

You will boot into crash dump, which is normal. Power off your phone by holding power button, and once again boot your phone back to EDL mode.​

**make sure you power on once after Download Content is finished, else you won’t be able to restore your partitions. asking Why? I’m not sure, but what I’m sure is I can’t restore my partitions without booting my phone once.​

5 - Restore partitions
    Now we restore the partitions which we backed up previously.​

Select Tool > Partition manager, it will prompt you an alert as what you seen during the backup process, simply just click ok.

Now you will see the partitions list again, and you will need to restore 3 of the partitions which you back up earlier:​
    • persist
    • modem_a
    • modem_b

right click on the partitions mentioned above one by one in sequences, and perform the process as picture shown below:​
    restore 1.png

Picture Credit: mrgreapes #13​

restore 2.png

Picture Credit: mrgreapes #13​

Once you done restoring all the partitions, you are almost done with the flashing.
    • Disconnect your phone from the PC.
    • Hold power button like 20 seconds +

Now your phone should have boot into some sort of OS corrupted error, but don’t panic.
    • Select factory reset, and select yes for second confirmation.
    • Let it reboot, you should successfully boot into the GUI.

6 - Patch up
    After all these processes, my phone finally flashed into CN ROM. But I notice some issue with the phone, which I listed below:​
    • Finger Print hardware not available when try to configure.
    • Google Services and apps not available, even I downloaded it from the Chinese app store. I’m unable to sign in google account.
    • System update not working, although it able to detect updates, download and install. But after reboot the system still stick back to the previous version.
    What I do to solve these issues, I try to update the system to android 12 through local storage.​

How to do it:
    • Rename CN_Android 12 update (update.zip) to update.zip
    • Connect your phone with USB cable on the below USB port, and copy update.zip to phone’s internal storage.
    • Launch System Update app, click on the 3 dots on the right top of the screen.
    • Select use the install package update, accept and run the update.
    • It will install and reboot your phone.

And that’s it, your phone has successfully flashed CN_ROM Android 12, make sure you take all the updates by running System Update App.

The remaining problem is google related services and apps will not run, I have done a lots of stuffs and after hours I have finally fixed mine, but I forgotten how it happen.

The only thing I remember is I went into setting, and search “google” keyword, clicked on some google’s app and there is an option mentioned something like:

“check this if you need to run google services”

Any kind soul please fill the gab, and anyone who benefits from it, please perfect it for others.

Cheers.

Contributors and references:

mrgreapes #post 13
    Overall flashing process and backup method
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/incompatible-hardware-with-system-row-rom-332.4249905/

bukeyolacan #post 82
    A12 updates
    https://mobile-ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/202247163311928-8871.zip

Shadow27Jirka #post 6
    CN ROM
    https://meta.box.lenovo.com/v/link/view/b7dd980e0e874b58b2a6d683ad63adac
    Thanks for answering bro, have you been able to check the temperature when playing a game?
    I didn't see any difference in temperatures while gaming. It was around 45c max
    Do you get OTA updates? I'm thinking a lot about changing the rom, If it were guaranteed to have OTA updates, I would take the risk. If you use WHATSAPP or Telegram, could I have your support in case I have any questions?
    Yes there is OTA updates available. You can follow the instructions that was posted here
    For anyone interested, I received link from Club Lenovo community ZUI 13.5 which is based on A12 version so I will share the link after testing it.

Screenshot_20220516-164420.png