• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Possible to make a custom rom?

Search This thread

gargoylsz

Mar 2, 2019
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5
I'm a amateur but i'm willing to learn and put the time in,

I have put custom roms on all my previous phones and tweaked them to my preferences, but I have no idea where to start from the ground up, as usually more people are creating/playing with the same phone, this one seems to be the ugly duckling, wich noone seems to bother with. I have requested the unlock bootloader with the goal of rooting the phone. But before I start going in this rabbit hole, is it possible, and where can I start.

It's a great phone, just too much bloatware, I even have a weird issue that I can't open my accessibility. It keeps closing settings. and I want the android base, not the ZUI OS.

gargoylsz

Mar 2, 2019
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5
Same question dude..

The software of legion duel 2 make me doubt purchase or not that phone...

Is the software is too bad?
It's working, and not that it's bad, but not a fan of zui os, and the bloatware, I guess this site spoiled me, I was expecting a twrp and some custom os. for example , it gets hot very quick, and I assume its the bloat ware running in the background. I think we get a better deal with stock android than the zui os, even if I have to give up the rgb on the back :p

Reactions: kheden

kheden

Jun 1, 2017
It's working, and not that it's bad, but not a fan of zui os, and the bloatware, I guess this site spoiled me, I was expecting a twrp and some custom os. for example , it gets hot very quick, and I assume its the bloat ware running in the background. I think we get a better deal with stock android than the zui os, even if I have to give up the rgb on the back :p
Yes... I see similar things in the reviews and comparison of this phone...

The smartphone gets hot.. when shouldn't make it...the two fans in combination with the steam chamber and the multiple layers of dissipation should be enough to dispel the high temperature...

And makes me think, that is the bad optimization of the software...

In combination of the bad update supports of the Motorola/Lenovo's phones ...

Makes me doubt purchase this phone...

The salvation of the weakness point of this phone is the community :'c ...

Reactions: brockyneo

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad

gargoylsz

Mar 2, 2019
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5
Curious that how can you bruteforce the bootloader unlock:)
Remember to disable Verity by flashing the vbmeta.img at here under 'install gsi images' https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image
I got the zui image, to unlock the boot loader, I still have to unlock it tho, and I want to try a gsi after that, I'm used to TWrp, and been a while since I put a gsi on a phone , but I should manage, I'll do it this weekend, I will keep you guys up to date, thanks for the tip, I will make sure to double check every step haha

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I got the zui image, to unlock the boot loader, I still have to unlock it tho, and I want to try a gsi after that, I'm used to TWrp, and been a while since I put a gsi on a phone , but I should manage, I'll do it this weekend, I will keep you guys up to date, thanks for the tip, I will make sure to double check every step haha
GSIs are system images so you have to flash in fastboot(wipe in twrp first then fastboot flash system xxx.img)
At google's website, you can choose android 11 gsi, and even android 12 gsi. However they may not boot, if that's the case try luck with phh treble or erfangsi

Last edited:

WhySoSeriousJoKer

Oct 22, 2013
Leeuwarden
I'm a amateur but i'm willing to learn and put the time in,

I have put custom roms on all my previous phones and tweaked them to my preferences, but I have no idea where to start from the ground up, as usually more people are creating/playing with the same phone, this one seems to be the ugly duckling, wich noone seems to bother with. I have requested the unlock bootloader with the goal of rooting the phone. But before I start going in this rabbit hole, is it possible, and where can I start.

It's a great phone, just too much bloatware, I even have a weird issue that I can't open my accessibility. It keeps closing settings. and I want the android base, not the ZUI OS.
Do i have a different Duel 2?

Because i don't see any bloatware and it runs almost on stock Android.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Do i have a different Duel 2?

Because i don't see any bloatware and it runs almost on stock Android.
I have the UK version and their is next to no blotewere on mine and since the new update I get all notifications ect and have a decent GCam working which definitely improves the cameras to be fair I hated this phone at first but now it not too bad just hope they release a few updates to keep it running good also I have package disabler pro too get rid of a few apps I don't use

My only wish is they would change widevine L3 to L1

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
I have the UK version and their is next to no blotewere on mine and since the new update I get all notifications ect and have a decent GCam working which definitely improves the cameras to be fair I hated this phone at first but now it not too bad just hope they release a few updates to keep it running good also I have package disabler pro too get rid of a few apps I don't use

Widevine is L3??? WTF????

ABOBA34

Aug 1, 2021

Hey there, what is you version? Is it 12.5.137 stable?

Top Liked Posts