Possible to mod Asus Weather apk to display properly?

Search This thread

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the Asus Weather Widget to display correctly on the N7? I have it installed on my N7 and edited the LCD density in my build.prop to change it to Fahrenheit, but once you change the LCD density back to stock the widget doesn't display all of the information it normally would on devices it has been optimized for. When you change the lcd density you will notice the app displays a 5day forecast, but that forecast gets cut off once the lcd density is changed back to 213. Can the app be broken down and edited somehow to display correctly? I'm not a dev so I have no idea if this is even possible so I just thought I'd ask lol. I have a link to the Asus Weather.apk below. Thanks

http://db.tt/ueoC92to

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: gurudev32

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the Asus Weather Widget to display correctly on the N7? I have it installed on my N7 and edited the LCD density in my build.prop to change it to Fahrenheit, but once you change the LCD density back to stock the widget doesn't display all of the information it normally would on devices it has been optimized for. When you change the lcd density you will notice the app displays a 5day forecast, but that forecast gets cut off once the lcd density is changed back to 213. Can the app be broken down and edited somehow to display correctly? I'm not a dev so I have no idea if this is even possible so I just thought I'd ask lol. I have a link to the Asus Weather.apk below. Thanks

Just resize the widget and it displays properly with stock DPI

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SPreston2001

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
Man I seriously feel retarded right now lol. I figured it would resize on its own. After making it bigger the whole thing displays. Thanks for your help!

mikevillarroel

Jun 28, 2008
Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Every time I try to do this i spend hours trying to get at least to recovery to Nand restore like this morning, my nexus spend the whole night with the screen black but on the only thing I was able to do was restore, get into bootloader and that's it, no recovery, no boot to rom, just reboot bootloader, and to make it harder, when in bootloader my PC wasn't able to "see" the device so.......I'm trying every weather widget i found untill some one ports it!

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Every time I try to do this i spend hours trying to get at least to recovery to Nand restore like this morning, my nexus spend the whole night with the screen black but on the only thing I was able to do was restore, get into bootloader and that's it, no recovery, no boot to rom, just reboot bootloader, and to make it harder, when in bootloader my PC wasn't able to "see" the device so.......I'm trying every weather widget i found untill some one ports it!

Are you looking for one that can read Fahrenheit? I'll attach mine. Just move it to the N7 and install the apk.

Attachments

• weather.resized.ics.apk
    5.9 MB · Views: 721

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you looking for one that can read Fahrenheit? I'll attach mine. Just move it to the N7 and install the apk.

Just resize the widget and it displays properly with stock DPI

So this widget is resized to show the save button in the widgets settings?

Nope, just that the Fahrenheit is the default. No need to fiddle with dpi settings.
    Thank you very much. Would you happen to have this widget w/o the forecast?

As I just found out today, if you resize the widget from the bottom and make it shorter you can cut off the 4-day forecast.