• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Possible to unlock bootloader via edl mode in lg v40 409n in Android 10?

Search This thread

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Here plz tell me is lg v40 409n korean version unlock bootloader via edl mode in Android 10? reply plz

Ahhh sorry may have misunderstood your wording. You don't use 'edl mode' to unlock the boot loader. You DO use edl to flash the engineering abl to then use FASTBOOT to unlock the boot loader.

But that may have been what u meant. So yes, use edl to flash the eng abl, then use it (fastboot) to unlock the boot loader. Yes, it will work with 409n, but any time u unlock the boot loader, user data gets wiped. Nothing you can do about that.

cheers

Reactions: Sherzaman Khan

Sherzaman Khan

Oct 21, 2018
N/A
Ahhh sorry may have misunderstood your wording. You don't use 'edl mode' to unlock the boot loader. You DO use edl to flash the engineering abl to then use FASTBOOT to unlock the boot loader.

But that may have been what u meant. So yes, use edl to flash the eng abl, then use it (fastboot) to unlock the boot loader. Yes, it will work with 409n, but any time u unlock the boot loader, user data gets wiped. Nothing you can do about that.

cheers
@AsItLies
Finally unlocked bootloader and got root but my second question is that can i do crossflash 409n 30e to 405ebw 30d?

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
@AsItLies
Finally unlocked bootloader and got root but my second question is that can i do crossflash 409n 30e to 405ebw 30d?

As far as I know u can, I've had both 409n 30e and an older version of ebw on my device - think it was 30b UK. Although there is some talk recently on tele group indicating LG has done some things with newer roms to stop crossflashing. I'd check there first.

cheers

Sherzaman Khan

Oct 21, 2018
N/A
As far as I know u can, I've had both 409n 30e and an older version of ebw on my device - think it was 30b UK. Although there is some talk recently on tele group indicating LG has done some things with newer roms to stop crossflashing. I'd check there first.

cheers
Today i successfully got crossflash 409n 30e to 405ebw 30d but imei no is 00 what i do i have no backup of anything i tried 409n 30e original kdz but same problem plz help

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Today i successfully got crossflash 409n 30e to 405ebw 30d but imei no is 00 what i do i have no backup of anything i tried 409n 30e original kdz but same problem plz help

I'd suggest you find threads about crossflashing and reading the posts about problems people have come across when doing so (you can even search within the threads for specific things like imei).

Your approach seems to be 'ask for help how to do it, then cry when it doesn't work exactly as you want'.

Many people have posted in threads here about losing imei, and what they've done to fix it. Read them. It's not anyone elses job to do it for you.

Reactions: Sherzaman Khan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here plz tell me is lg v40 409n korean version unlock bootloader via edl mode in Android 10? reply plz

hmmmm, no, I don't think so. But why would you want to even try? When we have the engineering abl, which has fastboot, which can easily unlock the bootloader?

cheers

I'd suggest you find threads about crossflashing and reading the posts about problems people have come across when doing so (you can even search within the threads for specific things like imei).

Your approach seems to be 'ask for help how to do it, then cry when it doesn't work exactly as you want'.

Many people have posted in threads here about losing imei, and what they've done to fix it. Read them. It's not anyone elses job to do it for you.