• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Possible way to unbrick a hard brick device with lock bootloader . (Not working)

Search This thread

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Disclaimer :
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. This guide have not tested by anyone yet and because of that have a high chance to damage your device .Please think twice before deciding to do this guide !!!

Hello all, I was successful to extract the ofp firmware for the CN and GLOBAL version. The firmware is kind of QFIL based firmware and include patch0.xml , rawprogram0.xml , prog_firehose_ddr.elf that can be loaded on the Qualcomm QFIL tool for flashing a stock rom on EDL mode .
I do not have this phone yet so this is not tested by me but it should work .
This should work on bricked devices with locked bootloader .

This is not a full guide as I haven't tested it yet, but I will share you of my idea. I suggest to not try this if your not in hard brick and the bootloder is not locked .

Warning- This process will wipe your internal storage .
1. Extract the firmware and the 1-Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL.7z.
2. You should install the Qualcomm USB Driver
3. Install QPST.2.7.480 , move the firmware to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
4. Run as administration the QFIL software ,it found on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
5. Click on the Configuration tab and then on the FireHose configuration .
6. Click on the Device Type and choose ufs .
7. Tick the "Reset after Download" and press OK.
8. Tick the flat boot circle option .
9. Click Browse on the Programmer Path and choose prog_firehose_ddr.elf in the firmware file .
10. Click Load XML and choose "rawprogram0.xml" and then choose "patch0.xml" .
Open windows device manger, boot you phone to EDL by connecting a cable to you PC and then press and hold power bottom and volume + bottom .You should see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, It is really important to be on QDLoader 9008 .Do not try to proceed to 11 if it does not show as QDLoader 9008 .
11. you will see the Port on the QFIL software and then choose Download .

Download -
Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL - https://mega.nz/file/pU8FRILJ#y54f4lnq6p3T7TCITGyWRw0Kuf4ymgOt4srQ654NqUo
Extracted RMX1931EX_11_A.09 OFP (Global firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/YQ80wSwB#wflYZ-hI5O96QjTq4oc4pnovn6UoAtry2lHn7ThmbLo
CHECK MD5 !!! - 58A5C6D75787029B664FD5583F265872
Extracted RMX1931_11_A.11 OFP (CN firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/lMMlQK4K#bOCrQrg7tkKj2n6VNhS__4bBQw1RdsxTSI5XrzRpMG0
CHECK MD5 !!! - A0CCED006DF8FC0B06B0669A8325883F
Please download the firmware according to your realme x2 pro model, This probably wont work and may damage your device if you have a CN model and try flash a EU firmware and the opposite EU model and try flash a CN firmware .

UPDATE-
After long testing it seem that we can not write to or read from this phone without the realme tool, It must have a special code . I will stop searching for a way because it seems impossible without the Realme tool.
Thanks to @shilpakar7, @Designguru and @iamkgehlot for testing tools and files for many hours .

English is not my native language, please excuse any errors on my part.

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Fingers crossed ? if it works, it's going to help alot of folks!
Yes I know, It also will remove the fear of hard brick when locking the bootloder .
Furthermore if it will work for the realme x2 pro, it will work on many Realme devices that have a snapdragon CPU including the realme x2 .I just need to extract the ofp firmware of each device .

Last edited:
Reactions: shilpakar7

luisarriaga

Nov 13, 2006
Bordeaux
Yes absolutely! It's the only android smartphone I never unlocked the bootloader, first of all because of loosing FP if you install twrp, and there's the risk of relocking it. Let's wait for some feedback ?

Designguru

Jan 16, 2020
Here is what I have currently

ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:277 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
ERROR: function: sahara_main:983 Sahara protocol error
ERROR: function: main:320 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Here is what I have currently

ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:277 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
ERROR: function: sahara_main:983 Sahara protocol error
ERROR: function: main:320 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

Try to immediately start flashing(choose Download ) after you have put your phone into EDL mode .Also does you see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 on windows device manager ?

Designguru

Jan 16, 2020
Try to immediately start flashing(choose Download ) after you have put your phone into EDL mode .Also does you see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 on windows device manager ?

Here is another problem I'm seeing. I put all the files in C:\ as per your instructions. When I download from QFIL, it shows Working Folder is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3. I copied over all the files into this folder as well and am seeing the errors posted earlier.

Yes I'm showing HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM#)

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Here is another problem I'm seeing. I put all the files in C:\ as per your instructions. When I download from QFIL, it shows Working Folder is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3. I copied over all the files into this folder as well and am seeing the errors posted earlier.

Yes I'm showing HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM#)
Try uninstall the qfil and install this version https://mega.nz/file/hFdDDKBK#szUu2TqPdd6VO_XLKfYIu9pJ6yYT0LbaeZqTaIEQ8Fo
put the firmware on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin

Designguru

Jan 16, 2020
Try uninstall the qfil and install this version https://mega.nz/file/hFdDDKBK#szUu2TqPdd6VO_XLKfYIu9pJ6yYT0LbaeZqTaIEQ8Fo
put the firmware on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin

Done. Here is where it fails now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<data>
<log value="ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3" /></data>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19:17:51: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3'
19:17:51: DEBUG: XML FILE (115 bytes): CharsInBuffer=315-115=200
<data>
<log value="ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0" /></data>

19:17:51: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0'
19:17:51: DEBUG: XML FILE (94 bytes): CharsInBuffer=200-94=106

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Done. Here is where it fails now

<data>
<log value="ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3" /></data>

19:17:51: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3'
19:17:51: DEBUG: XML FILE (115 bytes): CharsInBuffer=315-115=200
<data>
<log value="ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0" /></data>

19:17:51: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0'
19:17:51: DEBUG: XML FILE (94 bytes): CharsInBuffer=200-94=106

Maybe we should try to use other software to flash ,try to download this - https://mega.nz/file/tM9CDIbS#BOqaetCpD2NKEjXPLO_EGB9RHTcTTY0HMpRzMqYVhDA
Unpack and open MiPhone20160401, click next and then install this driver software anyway ,go to
C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone and run MiFlash, click browse and choose the folder of the firmware ,boot into edl mode ,click refresh and when you see the device click flash ,if you have an error, try to go to the firmware and change setting.xml name to flash_local.xml and try to flash again .

Designguru

Jan 16, 2020
Maybe we should try to use other software to flash ,try to download this - https://mega.nz/file/tM9CDIbS#BOqaetCpD2NKEjXPLO_EGB9RHTcTTY0HMpRzMqYVhDA
Unpack and open MiPhone20160401, click next and then install this driver software anyway ,go to
C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone and run MiFlash, click browse and choose the folder of the firmware ,boot into edl mode ,click refresh and when you see the device click flash ,if you have an error, try to go to the firmware and change setting.xml name to flash_local.xml and try to flash again .

When I hit flash, here is what I get under status
"The filename,directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007b: Open programmer "MPRG*hex")

shilpakar7

Nov 8, 2013
Kathmandu
it fails during dowload process. I have attached the log.

Total to be tansferd with <program> or <read> is 8.98 GB
09:09:35: INFO: Sending <configure>
09:09:35: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26'
09:09:35: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26
'
09:09:35: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Chip serial num: 1387265276 (0x52affcfc)'
09:09:35: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3'
09:09:35: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0'
09:09:35: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes = 1048576
09:09:35: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported = 1048576
09:09:35: INFO: Something failed. The target rejected your <configure>. Please inspect log for more information
Writing log to 'C:\Users\Pawan-PC\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_4\port_trace.txt', might take a minute
Log is 'C:\Users\Pawan-PC\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_4\port_trace.txt'
Download Fail:FireHose Fail:FHLoader Fail:process fail
Finish Download

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016

Let me provide a couple of tips here: When pointing to the path of your extracted files in C : copy paste the path directory using the mouse.

If you have a firehose connection error , disconnect the usb cable and reconnect only to a usb2 port ( use a hub if needed) QPST can be setup to not start until you connect the phone.

Next, if facing a signature issue. temporarily disable antivirus and firewall and Windows signature enforcement if absolutely necessary.

This can all be easily re enabled afterwards.

If you face any other issues, refer to my old guide for troubleshooting ideas. here for additional things to try. I have personally helped possibly over a hundred people unbrick their phone

These steps are identical for most qualcomm phones. obviously use only qfil repair files made for your device and not from my link.

PS : Firehose fail error does not necessarily mean that the process will fail, just wait longer, up to 15 to 20 minutes, sometimes you will get that error and it will sort itself out. restart the process all over again, but wait for 15 minutes on each attempt. Also disconnect peripheral devices from other usb ports. it is very important that you use a USB 2 port or a usb hub.

Once the rom is restored the phone should reboot to the set screen up on it's own.

Last edited:

shilpakar7

Nov 8, 2013
Kathmandu
Let me provide a couple of tips here: When pointing to the path of your extracted files in C : copy paste the path directory using the mouse.

If you have a firehose connection error , disconnect the usb cable and reconnect only to a usb2 port ( use a hub if needed) QPST can be setup to not start until you connect the phone.

Next, if facing a signature issue. temporarily disable antivirus and firewall and Windows signature enforcement if absolutely necessary.

This can all be easily re enabled afterwards.

If you face any other issues, refer to my old guide for troubleshooting ideas. here for additional things to try. I have personally helped possibly over a hundred people unbrick their phone

These steps are identical for most qualcomm phones. obviously use only qfil repair files made for your device and not from my link.

PS : Firehose fail error does not necessarily mean that the process will fail, just wait longer, up to 15 to 20 minutes, sometimes you will get that error and it will sort itself out. restart the process all over again, but wait for 15 minutes on each attempt. Also disconnect peripheral devices from other usb ports. it is very important that you use a USB 2 port or a usb hub.

Once the rom is restored the phone should reboot to the set screen up on it's own.

can you please check my log mentioned above.
Edit:
Now the QFIL says download succeed (command prompt flashes for few seconds) but it doesn't flash the firmware , since i am stuck in same problem.(bootloop displaying " your recover/bootloader has been destroyed...").

Here is my log
https://pastebin.com/vYjC5rxq

And here is my log from C:\Users\Pawan-PC\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_5 port_tra
ce.txt

https://pastebin.com/2VynsCD7

Last edited:

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Edit:
Now the QFIL says download succeed (command prompt flashes for few seconds) but it doesn't flash the firmware , since i am stuck in same problem.(bootloop displaying " your recover/bootloader has been destroyed...").

Here is my log

First just a friendly tip, when people spend time helping at the very least, click the thank you button otherwise what is their motivation? When posting logs, post it as an attachment ( XDA Rules) its clutters threads.

The bootloader destroyed is no big deal, it's resolved by flashing the boot image. The real issue is the key mismatch error. You need to use the fastboot rom only from your device model. Example : Global versus Chinese.

Finally, I do not own that phone so there isn't ,much more I can contribute. However, I am, certain that you will eventually solve it, try another fastboot rom, be patient ( this could take days the first time) and take notes, so when you are finished you can help other people.

I would suggest that you contact others within the realme community that have had bricks. for example I have seen that people have had success with other real me 3s. You may better off joining Telegram and connecting with user's on the Global scale. You can find telegram groups by searching keywords.

Finally, @or965 stated that he successfully restored his phone that is identical to yours...I think. I would definitely speak with him and if he helps you unbrick your phone, I would absolutely buy him a beer.

Good Luck.

shilpakar7

Nov 8, 2013
Kathmandu
ok thank you for your advice, I will definitely take it as a reminder. I have uploaded the log file to pastebin.com and postel the url link. Since you don't personally have the device, I shouldn't have asked for more help. Anyways thank you for your valuable time. Since this is so frustating, I guess i will just send it to service center for repair.
Edit:

Here is my log

First just a friendly tip, when people spend time helping at the very least, click the thank you button otherwise what is their motivation? When posting logs, post it as an attachment ( XDA Rules) its clutters threads.

The bootloader destroyed is no big deal, it's resolved by flashing the boot image. The real issue is the key mismatch error. You need to use the fastboot rom only from your device model. Example : Global versus Chinese.

Finally, I do not own that phone so there isn't ,much more I can contribute. However, I am, certain that you will eventually solve it, try another fastboot rom, be patient ( this could take days the first time) and take notes, so when you are finished you can help other people.

I would suggest that you contact others within the realme community that have had bricks. for example I have seen that people have had success with other real me 3s. You may better off joining Telegram and connecting with user's on the Global scale. You can find telegram groups by searching keywords.

Finally, @or965 stated that he successfully restored his phone that is identical to yours...I think. I would definitely speak with him and if he helps you unbrick your phone, I would absolutely buy him a beer.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
When I hit flash, here is what I get under status
"The filename,directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007b: Open programmer "MPRG*hex")
Please crate a folder Realme_x2_pro on your root C drive and move the firmware to it,then rename the firmware to RMX1931EX_11_A_09 and try to flash with miflash like I write in the last message .

Edit:

Here is my log
https://pastebin.com/vYjC5rxq

Please crate a folder Realme_x2_pro on your root C drive and move the firmware to it,then rename the firmware to RMX1931EX_11_A_09 .
try to download this - https://mega.nz/file/tM9CDIbS#BOqaetCpD2NKEjXPLO_EGB9RHTcTTY0HMpRzMqYVhDA
C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone and run MiFlash, click browse and choose the folder of the firmware ,boot into edl mode ,click refresh and when you see the device click flash.

Finally said:
@or965[/user] stated that he successfully restored his phone that is identical to yours...I think. I would definitely speak with him and if he helps you unbrick your phone, I would absolutely buy him a beer.
I did not have this device yet so I do not successfully restored my phone .

Last edited:

shilpakar7

Nov 8, 2013
Kathmandu
Please crate a folder Realme_x2_pro on your root C drive and move the firmware to it,then rename the firmware to RMX1931EX_11_A_09 and try to flash with miflash like I write in the last message .

Please crate a folder Realme_x2_pro on your root C drive and move the firmware to it,then rename the firmware to RMX1931EX_11_A_09 .
try to download this - https://mega.nz/file/tM9CDIbS#BOqaetCpD2NKEjXPLO_EGB9RHTcTTY0HMpRzMqYVhDA
C:\Program Files\Xiaomi\MiPhone and run MiFlash, click browse and choose the folder of the firmware ,boot into edl mode ,click refresh and when you see the device click flash.

I did not have this device yet so I do not successfully restored my phone .

this method also not working. The status tab on MiFlash displays same message as mentioned by designguru

Last edited:
Reactions: tsongming

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. This guide have not tested by anyone yet and because of that have a high chance to damage your device .Please think twice before deciding to do this guide !!!

Hello all, I was successful to extract the ofp firmware for the CN and GLOBAL version. The firmware is kind of QFIL based firmware and include patch0.xml , rawprogram0.xml , prog_firehose_ddr.elf that can be loaded on the Qualcomm QFIL tool for flashing a stock rom on EDL mode .
    I do not have this phone yet so this is not tested by me but it should work .
    This should work on bricked devices with locked bootloader .

This is not a full guide as I haven't tested it yet, but I will share you of my idea. I suggest to not try this if your not in hard brick and the bootloder is not locked .

Warning- This process will wipe your internal storage .
    1. Extract the firmware and the 1-Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL.7z.
    2. You should install the Qualcomm USB Driver
    3. Install QPST.2.7.480 , move the firmware to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
    4. Run as administration the QFIL software ,it found on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
    5. Click on the Configuration tab and then on the FireHose configuration .
    6. Click on the Device Type and choose ufs .
    7. Tick the "Reset after Download" and press OK.
    8. Tick the flat boot circle option .
    9. Click Browse on the Programmer Path and choose prog_firehose_ddr.elf in the firmware file .
    10. Click Load XML and choose "rawprogram0.xml" and then choose "patch0.xml" .
    Open windows device manger, boot you phone to EDL by connecting a cable to you PC and then press and hold power bottom and volume + bottom .You should see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, It is really important to be on QDLoader 9008 .Do not try to proceed to 11 if it does not show as QDLoader 9008 .
    11. you will see the Port on the QFIL software and then choose Download .

Download -
    Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL - https://mega.nz/file/pU8FRILJ#y54f4lnq6p3T7TCITGyWRw0Kuf4ymgOt4srQ654NqUo
    Extracted RMX1931EX_11_A.09 OFP (Global firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/YQ80wSwB#wflYZ-hI5O96QjTq4oc4pnovn6UoAtry2lHn7ThmbLo
    CHECK MD5 !!! - 58A5C6D75787029B664FD5583F265872
    Extracted RMX1931_11_A.11 OFP (CN firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/lMMlQK4K#bOCrQrg7tkKj2n6VNhS__4bBQw1RdsxTSI5XrzRpMG0
    CHECK MD5 !!! - A0CCED006DF8FC0B06B0669A8325883F
    Please download the firmware according to your realme x2 pro model, This probably wont work and may damage your device if you have a CN model and try flash a EU firmware and the opposite EU model and try flash a CN firmware .

UPDATE-
    After long testing it seem that we can not write to or read from this phone without the realme tool, It must have a special code . I will stop searching for a way because it seems impossible without the Realme tool.
    Thanks to @shilpakar7, @Designguru and @iamkgehlot for testing tools and files for many hours .

English is not my native language, please excuse any errors on my part.
    I found a software that could help to unbrick a device with a Qualcomm cpu but unfortunately I do not have this device and this limit the progress. Today shilpakar7 tried to test things for me but I need more people .If someone that have a hard brick device with locked bootloader want to help me, Please send me a message.I need someone that have time.
    Quite cool what you are doing!! Even though I don't even have my bootloader unlocked, I'll be supporting your efforts, because if you help to discover how to unbrick our devices, then I'll be confident enough to unlock and root mine, like it should ?and this will surely boost rom development because people won't be afraid to install a custom firmware, or at least, people like me ? good stuff! ?
    Edit:

Here is my log

Good Luck.

this method also not working. The status tab on MiFlash displays same message as mentioned by designguru

I really do not know any other way to use the extracted ofp . Maybe someone will be able to find a way to use it .
    I maybe can find a cracked version of MsmDownloadTool and test it with virtual machine but it too risky as many of them contain viruses .
    I really hope that realme just delay the release of their flash tool as they promise that it will available on q1 or 2020 .
    Update- I currently testing a new software to flash it, I will update with more details.
    Update 2 - I find a new flash tool, I sent it to @Designguru and @shilpakar7 for testing ,if someone want to test it too ,please send me a message or write in the comment .
    ok thank you for your advice, I will definitely take it as a reminder. I have uploaded the log file to pastebin.com and postel the url link. Since you don't personally have the device, I shouldn't have asked for more help. Anyways thank you for your valuable time. Since this is so frustating, I guess i will just send it to service center for repair.
    Edit:

Here is my log

Good Luck.