• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Possible way to unbrick a hard brick device with lock bootloader . (Not working)

Search This thread

or965

Mar 2, 2013
They won't share the tool. I've asked them about that in mail. They say "it's confidential thus we can't share"
For now they can not share it but they stated that they want to release a flash tool in Q1 2020 so I think that they will release a flashtool soon, most likely it will be different form the flash tool that they use now that has username and password. Also they can only give a flash tool for EU and India version that wont work on the CN version as they have a different project config . After that they will release a flash tool ,it will probably be easy to unbrick this device as it is easy to boot to EDL mode on this phone as it does not required to open the phone to boot to EDL mode.

archel76

Apr 16, 2020
relock bootloader

For now they can not share it but they stated that they want to release a flash tool in Q1 2020 so I think that they will release a flashtool soon, most likely it will be different form the flash tool that they use now that has username and password. Also they can only give a flash tool for EU and India version that wont work on the CN version as they have a different project config . After that they will release a flash tool ,it will probably be easy to unbrick this device as it is easy to boot to EDL mode on this phone as it does not required to open the phone to boot to EDL mode.

I hope realme will release a flash tool soon, now that I have unlocked the bootloader I'm afraid to close it again, explain one thing, but if you run exactly one of the guides found here on Xda to close the bootloader there is the risk of find yourself with a hard brick? in theory it should not become a brick if you run the relock with recovery stock ... forgive my english

or965

Mar 2, 2013
I hope realme will release a flash tool soon, now that I have unlocked the bootloader I'm afraid to close it again, explain one thing, but if you run exactly one of the guides found here on Xda to close the bootloader there is the risk of find yourself with a hard brick? in theory it should not become a brick if you run the relock with recovery stock ... forgive my english

I asked many pepole how they brick thiers phones, all exept one brick it while relock the bootloder, only one brick it after flashing a custum rom .I also ask if they format data before and after flasing stock ozip, all of them do not do it, and then relock the bootloder. I think that if you format data before and after flashing stock ozip, there is a lower chance to brick the phone but I can not confirm it . If I have this phone with uncloked bootloder I will never relock it until realme will give a proper flash tool. I just want to note that format data is not the same as wipe data, format data will delete your internal storage .

archel76

Apr 16, 2020
Relock bootloader

I asked many pepole how they brick thiers phones, all exept one brick it while relock the bootloder, only one brick it after flashing a custum rom .I also ask if they format data before and after flasing stock ozip, all of them do not do it, and then relock the bootloder. I think that if you format data before and after flashing stock ozip, there is a lower chance to brick the phone but I can not confirm it . If I have this phone with uncloked bootloder I will never relock it until realme will give a proper flash tool. I just want to note that format data is not the same as wipe data, format data will delete your internal storage .

I agree with you, it is not convenient to risk a hard brick, by experimenting I noticed that after going for the second time to twrp recovery the twrp settings were the same that I had left previously (language, time etc.). by fastboot I had also formatted the recovery before flashing ... Forgive the band english ? ?

nicollasrenan1

Dec 28, 2017
Recife
I can't access fastboot

Does anybody know how to solve this?

beb41ce2gy1fo4ovgnuq4j21kw23v4qp.jpg

weisdergeier

Mar 15, 2011
Does anybody know how to solve this?

beb41ce2gy1fo4ovgnuq4j21kw23v4qp.jpg

This may be a silly question but did you try the various ways of getting into fastboot?
There is:
vol down and power
adb reboot fastboot (from command prompt on your computer)
and pressing vol up and power for > 10s will cause a force restart that might get you into the bootloader as well if you currently don't have a working OS

Reactions: nicollasrenan1

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Anyone have tried this in EDL mode?

https://c.realme.com/in/post-detail...64863306907648&subForumId=1197159778845982720

Enviado desde mi RMX1931 mediante Tapatalk
I received the phone since posting this thread and tested this tool .This tool is working only on fastboot, this mean you must have a unlocked bootloder . The ofp that realme give is different then the ofp used with their EDL flash tool, it much smaller and I do not be able to extract it. I think that this tool is very limited but does the good job for anyone that want to get back to stock rom and relock the bootloder. It flash the firmware, format the phone and replace the recovery with stock one, I think that there is less chance to brick the phone if they want to relock the bootloder after using this tool.
As I mentioned in a previous posts I think that most of the people brick this phone after trying to relock the bootloder. I think that this is happening because they do not format data and it sometimes cause the device to brick if you relock the bootloder . You can not forget to format data or flashing stock recovery with this tool as with one click it does all .Personally I will use this tool only If I want to relock the bootloder, when I want to back to stock I use twrp or OrangeFox recovery .This is how I do it
1. Wipe dalvik,system,data,cacha and vendor, then I format data and reboot to recovery (you must reboot to the recovery from the recovery menu, if you do not do it will fail to flash the ozip, this is because I wipe system).
2.Move the ozip from my pc to the phone.
3. Flash the ozip and reboot to recovery.
4.Format data and reboot .
Note- format data will wipe the internal storage .
Update- I just read that someone tried to use this tool, then lock the bootloder and the phone got bricked . If this is true, I really have no clue what causing a brick after locking the bootloder .

Last edited:

ronald11

Dec 3, 2005
Panama
[/COLOR]no solution for this.. ? @or965

Total to be tansferd with <program> or <read> is 6.01 GB
02:30:22: INFO: Sending <configure>
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26
'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Chip serial num: 4234428794 (0xfc64417a)'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0'
02:30:22: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes = 1048576
02:30:22: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported = 1048576
02:30:22: INFO: Something failed. The target rejected your <configure>. Please inspect log for more information
Writing log to 'C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3\port_trace.txt', might take a minute
Log is 'C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3\port_trace.txt'
Download Fail:FireHose Fail:FHLoader Fail:process fail
Finish Download
Start Download
Program Path:C:\RMX1931_11_A.11\prog_firehose_ddr.elf
***** Working Folder:C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3

or965

Mar 2, 2013
[/COLOR]no solution for this.. ? @or965

Total to be tansferd with <program> or <read> is 6.01 GB
02:30:22: INFO: Sending <configure>
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Binary build date: May 17 2019 @ 23:12:26
'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'INFO: Chip serial num: 4234428794 (0xfc64417a)'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Verifying signature failed with 3'
02:30:22: INFO: TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Authentication of signed hash failed 0'
02:30:22: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes = 1048576
02:30:22: INFO: fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported = 1048576
02:30:22: INFO: Something failed. The target rejected your <configure>. Please inspect log for more information
Writing log to 'C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3\port_trace.txt', might take a minute
Log is 'C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3\port_trace.txt'
Download Fail:FireHose Fail:FHLoader Fail:process fail
Finish Download
Start Download
Program Path:C:\RMX1931_11_A.11\prog_firehose_ddr.elf
***** Working Folder:C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_3

For now only Realme flash tool for qualcomm, (msmdownloadtool) or the new ofp oppo msmdownloadtool tool can get write and read permission.These tool require realme or oppo account that only realme/oppo employees have . I really do not thing that someone can reverse engineer the way that the tool get this permission as it really complicated. The issue is the software, not the files. Qfil will never work with our device with the current firmware as it wont give write permission . I really recommend to anyone that open the bootloder of this device to never re-lock it expect if he is certain that he can go the realme service center for un-bricking his device .I personally unlocked the device and do not plan to re-lock it. Also for me there is no benefit for having a locked bootloder .

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
qualcomm, (msmdownloadtool) do you have it ? Does it need user and password account? Or it's free ?
Realme flash tool for qualcomm, (msmdownloadtool) or the new ofp oppo msmdownloadtool tooltool require realme or oppo account that only realme/oppo employees. No other softwares will work, It not worth to waste your time searching for solution as you wont found any free way to unbrick your device.

Reactions: ronald11

m0h33z

Mar 1, 2012
has any one found a fix for this? i'm screwed without a fix. i literally just relocked bootloader and now my phone is stuck on the bootloop with the same error message

Reactions: gazitonmoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards. This guide have not tested by anyone yet and because of that have a high chance to damage your device .Please think twice before deciding to do this guide !!!

Hello all, I was successful to extract the ofp firmware for the CN and GLOBAL version. The firmware is kind of QFIL based firmware and include patch0.xml , rawprogram0.xml , prog_firehose_ddr.elf that can be loaded on the Qualcomm QFIL tool for flashing a stock rom on EDL mode .
    I do not have this phone yet so this is not tested by me but it should work .
    This should work on bricked devices with locked bootloader .

This is not a full guide as I haven't tested it yet, but I will share you of my idea. I suggest to not try this if your not in hard brick and the bootloder is not locked .

Warning- This process will wipe your internal storage .
    1. Extract the firmware and the 1-Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL.7z.
    2. You should install the Qualcomm USB Driver
    3. Install QPST.2.7.480 , move the firmware to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
    4. Run as administration the QFIL software ,it found on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin .
    5. Click on the Configuration tab and then on the FireHose configuration .
    6. Click on the Device Type and choose ufs .
    7. Tick the "Reset after Download" and press OK.
    8. Tick the flat boot circle option .
    9. Click Browse on the Programmer Path and choose prog_firehose_ddr.elf in the firmware file .
    10. Click Load XML and choose "rawprogram0.xml" and then choose "patch0.xml" .
    Open windows device manger, boot you phone to EDL by connecting a cable to you PC and then press and hold power bottom and volume + bottom .You should see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, It is really important to be on QDLoader 9008 .Do not try to proceed to 11 if it does not show as QDLoader 9008 .
    11. you will see the Port on the QFIL software and then choose Download .

Download -
    Qualcomm USB Driver + QFIL - https://mega.nz/file/pU8FRILJ#y54f4lnq6p3T7TCITGyWRw0Kuf4ymgOt4srQ654NqUo
    Extracted RMX1931EX_11_A.09 OFP (Global firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/YQ80wSwB#wflYZ-hI5O96QjTq4oc4pnovn6UoAtry2lHn7ThmbLo
    CHECK MD5 !!! - 58A5C6D75787029B664FD5583F265872
    Extracted RMX1931_11_A.11 OFP (CN firmware) - https://mega.nz/file/lMMlQK4K#bOCrQrg7tkKj2n6VNhS__4bBQw1RdsxTSI5XrzRpMG0
    CHECK MD5 !!! - A0CCED006DF8FC0B06B0669A8325883F
    Please download the firmware according to your realme x2 pro model, This probably wont work and may damage your device if you have a CN model and try flash a EU firmware and the opposite EU model and try flash a CN firmware .

UPDATE-
    After long testing it seem that we can not write to or read from this phone without the realme tool, It must have a special code . I will stop searching for a way because it seems impossible without the Realme tool.
    Thanks to @shilpakar7, @Designguru and @iamkgehlot for testing tools and files for many hours .

English is not my native language, please excuse any errors on my part.
    I found a software that could help to unbrick a device with a Qualcomm cpu but unfortunately I do not have this device and this limit the progress. Today shilpakar7 tried to test things for me but I need more people .If someone that have a hard brick device with locked bootloader want to help me, Please send me a message.I need someone that have time.
    Quite cool what you are doing!! Even though I don't even have my bootloader unlocked, I'll be supporting your efforts, because if you help to discover how to unbrick our devices, then I'll be confident enough to unlock and root mine, like it should ?and this will surely boost rom development because people won't be afraid to install a custom firmware, or at least, people like me ? good stuff! ?
    can you please check my log mentioned above.
    Edit:
    Now the QFIL says download succeed (command prompt flashes for few seconds) but it doesn't flash the firmware , since i am stuck in same problem.(bootloop displaying " your recover/bootloader has been destroyed...").

Here is my log

First just a friendly tip, when people spend time helping at the very least, click the thank you button otherwise what is their motivation? When posting logs, post it as an attachment ( XDA Rules) its clutters threads.

The bootloader destroyed is no big deal, it's resolved by flashing the boot image. The real issue is the key mismatch error. You need to use the fastboot rom only from your device model. Example : Global versus Chinese.

Finally, I do not own that phone so there isn't ,much more I can contribute. However, I am, certain that you will eventually solve it, try another fastboot rom, be patient ( this could take days the first time) and take notes, so when you are finished you can help other people.

I would suggest that you contact others within the realme community that have had bricks. for example I have seen that people have had success with other real me 3s. You may better off joining Telegram and connecting with user's on the Global scale. You can find telegram groups by searching keywords.

Finally, @or965 stated that he successfully restored his phone that is identical to yours...I think. I would definitely speak with him and if he helps you unbrick your phone, I would absolutely buy him a beer.

Good Luck.

this method also not working. The status tab on MiFlash displays same message as mentioned by designguru

I really do not know any other way to use the extracted ofp . Maybe someone will be able to find a way to use it .
    I maybe can find a cracked version of MsmDownloadTool and test it with virtual machine but it too risky as many of them contain viruses .
    I really hope that realme just delay the release of their flash tool as they promise that it will available on q1 or 2020 .
    Update- I currently testing a new software to flash it, I will update with more details.
    Update 2 - I find a new flash tool, I sent it to @Designguru and @shilpakar7 for testing ,if someone want to test it too ,please send me a message or write in the comment .
    ok thank you for your advice, I will definitely take it as a reminder. I have uploaded the log file to pastebin.com and postel the url link. Since you don't personally have the device, I shouldn't have asked for more help. Anyways thank you for your valuable time. Since this is so frustating, I guess i will just send it to service center for repair.
    can you please check my log mentioned above.
    Edit:
    Now the QFIL says download succeed (command prompt flashes for few seconds) but it doesn't flash the firmware , since i am stuck in same problem.(bootloop displaying " your recover/bootloader has been destroyed...").

Here is my log

First just a friendly tip, when people spend time helping at the very least, click the thank you button otherwise what is their motivation? When posting logs, post it as an attachment ( XDA Rules) its clutters threads.

The bootloader destroyed is no big deal, it's resolved by flashing the boot image. The real issue is the key mismatch error. You need to use the fastboot rom only from your device model. Example : Global versus Chinese.

Finally, I do not own that phone so there isn't ,much more I can contribute. However, I am, certain that you will eventually solve it, try another fastboot rom, be patient ( this could take days the first time) and take notes, so when you are finished you can help other people.

I would suggest that you contact others within the realme community that have had bricks. for example I have seen that people have had success with other real me 3s. You may better off joining Telegram and connecting with user's on the Global scale. You can find telegram groups by searching keywords.

Finally, @or965 stated that he successfully restored his phone that is identical to yours...I think. I would definitely speak with him and if he helps you unbrick your phone, I would absolutely buy him a beer.

Good Luck.