• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Possibly bricked, phone thinks it's a HD1917?

Search This thread

zintegy

Jul 29, 2021
Hey all, I recently purchased a new 7TP 5G MCL and decided I'd try flashing a new ROM and rooting it before I had anything on the phone in the first place. I got the unlock token from T-mobile and successfully unlocked my bootloader - and this is where I got careless and didn't notice the difference between 7TP (HD1917 among others) and 7TP 5G (HD1925). After flashing a few recoveries/ROMs, I noticed that the wifi wasn't working. This was the first sign something was wrong.

Since then, I've tried flashing other ROMs, until I realized that the issue was that this phone had a different modem than other 7TP so it needed a ROM that was specifically compatible for this. I tried flashing a 'compatible' recovery/ROM but it doesn't seem to fix my issues.

I just checked my phone settings and it says it's an HD1917. That doesn't sound right.

I'm using the MSM tool and though I have Qualcomm HS-USB showing up in my device manager, nothing substantial is showing up in the MSM tool when I click enum. I just see 39 rows of "Index = #" (ranges from 1 to 39) and "Status of Connection = N/A". For a brief period just now, I was unable to access anything other than the bootloader - since then I was able to flash a new recovery and access it, but haven't tried anything else yet.

Any tips?

Last edited:

starcms

If you have the phone from T-Mobile, the 7T Pro 5G Mclaren, then it is the HD1925 (and that must be what you have since you needed the unlock token.

Where is it showing HD1917?

My guess is you flashed a ROM for the international 7T Pro and not the T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren as you suspected.

Find the thread about how to restore the phone back to stock using the MSM Tool (for HD1925, in these subforums) and see if that helps.

However, if your FP sensor and WiFi still don't work, then you corrupted your persist partition which I fear may be the case. Try the MSM tool and let's go from there.

zintegy

Jul 29, 2021
Yeah, the thing is -- I've tried the MSM tool but nothing of note shows up when I enter EDL mode or click "Enum". My device manager does say I have Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader9008 connected, though.

The "Device Properties" in settings (all the way at the bottom) is what's showing HD1917.

Edit: I'm trying the MSM tool for HD1925. I don't think I should be trying the one for HD1917...right?

zintegy

Jul 29, 2021
For the record, this is what my Device Manager & MSMDownloadTool looks like.
devices and msm.png

zintegy

Jul 29, 2021

starcms

For the record, this is what my Device Manager & MSMDownloadTool looks like.
View attachment 5373157
The issue is the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 has an explanation point by it in device manager, which means you have the wrong drivers installed. Follow the directions in many threads regarding getting MSM tool working to properly update drivers. Then it should show up in the MSM Tool, assuming you are in EDL mode and issue enum command in MSM tool within 10 seconds of entering EDL mode or the phone will automatically exit EDL mode and reboot.