• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Possibly bricked Pixel 4a

Search This thread

Nuke1999

Jun 20, 2018
Hello, so I tried to flash the rooted boot image for my Pixel 4a Sunfish from HolyAngel's thread, and I got stuck in a bootloop; I reckon it is because the boot image build number was incorrect, I did a cursory glance, did not verify character by character. When it booted up, it got stock at a Google logo. So I restarted, and it takes me back to Fastboot Mode. I Whenever I "Start" it just takes me back to Fastboot Mode. In Fastboot Mode, my computer will not recognize my device; I have tried installing Google Drivers multiple times with no change. However, when I enter Recovery mode, my computer sees my Pixel but whenever I try to give any commands through ADB, it doesn't work becaues my device is "unauthorized". Once again, I cannot boot up the phone so I cannot change the Developer Options. When I boot up into rescue mode, I am able to give commands through ADB, but it always ends up in <waiting for device> even though I was able to successfully give the command "adb fastboot boot boot.img" in order to flash the rooted boot.img. Any guidance is appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore

Nuke1999

Jun 20, 2018
If you don't care if your phone gets wiped, then maybe following the Second Setp (section) on this page might get your phone back:

Thank you so much for you response, however, after about 5 minutes the command finally "got to" the phone. I have no idea why it took 5 minutes for the phone to respond to the ADB command. Regardless, the phone went to the "fastbootd" screen after I typed in "flash-all.bat" in accordance with this video:
The reason why I am providing so much context is because I hope it helps someone in the future who has the same issue.

Reactions: JohnC

Top Liked Posts