Question Post of root mods that are working in Android 13

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

Is there a mod to add control of brightness to the status bar? Or a way to add an auto brightness toggle to the QC slider? I really don't like auto brightness as I find it's normally way too bright for me but when I'm leaving the house and will be dealing with sunlight, I would like to be able to just swipe down and hit the button.

I installed AOSP Mods and was able to move the slider up above the QC tiles which is helpful but in bright sunlight, the screen still gets washed out, since it loses ~500 nits peak brightness not being on auto.

Curiousn00b

Is there a mod to add control of brightness to the status bar? Or a way to add an auto brightness toggle to the QC slider? I really don't like auto brightness as I find it's normally way too bright for me but when I'm leaving the house and will be dealing with sunlight, I would like to be able to just swipe down and hit the button.

I installed AOSP Mods and was able to move the slider up above the QC tiles which is helpful but in bright sunlight, the screen still gets washed out, since it loses ~500 nits peak brightness not being on auto.

I use this app here specifically for the auto brightness toggle. I wish Google would just adopt it as a button next to the slider like in some roms or other OEM makers, but this will have to do for stock.

I add it there(2nd on the bottom right) or towards the bottom when expanded for easier clicking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-011701.png
    Screenshot_20221107-011701.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 238

EtherealRemnant

I use this app here specifically for the auto brightness toggle. I wish Google would just adopt it as a button next to the slider like in some roms or other OEM makers, but this will have to do for stock.

I add it there(2nd on the bottom right) or towards the bottom when expanded for easier clicking.
Thank you. That does the job just fine.

I agree, it's annoying that Google doesn't just add a toggle. I have noticed though, that compared to my 3 XL, Google has really gone full Apple with the customization... which is to say, it's pretty much non-existent in stock form now. That's an unfortunate change in the wrong direction, especially when Apple themselves are starting to open up more...

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why? Is ViperFx 32 bit application and module and Tensor G2 dont support it? I use ViperFx on Android 13 Evolution X rom (AOSP) on onePlus 8 Pro. And it work fine.
Why, I'm unsure. I just know that the Pixel 7 Pro is a 64 bit only device and indeed Viper is 32.

See this article also, if desired:

vurtomatic

Mar 22, 2015

Hi, which QS tile theme are you using?

Curiousn00b

Hi, which QS tile theme are you using?
I'm using Iris Monet for the icons, and using Themer(paid) to achieve the look.

You can also use AOSP Mods(free) to achieve a similar layout with the No34D and O34D QS themes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-193717.png
    Screenshot_20221107-193717.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20221107-193809.png
    Screenshot_20221107-193809.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 222
I have a question about Pixelify. Can you just enable that one setting or do you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and unset everything else? (I've never used it)
Pixilify screwed up Android System Intelligence for me. Now Playing occationally worked, live translation wouldnt download languages/stopped working. Uninstalling Pixilify didnt repair ASI, only a factory reset fixed everything

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Pixilify screwed up Android System Intelligence for me. Now Playing occationally worked, live translation wouldnt download languages/stopped working. Uninstalling Pixilify didnt repair ASI, only a factory reset fixed everything
did you only install the Photos mod? I don't recall the entire sequence for my phone, but I lost the option to have Assistant voice trying in Gboard and it's still a mystery as to what caused it since I ended up wiping and starting from scratch

did you only install the Photos mod? I don't recall the entire sequence for my phone, but I lost the option to have Assistant voice trying in Gboard and it's still a mystery as to what caused it since I ended up wiping and starting from scratch
Only one I installed was the photos mod, didn't get unlimited photos though. Assistant voice typing may be a ASI function, I can't remember if I lost that or not.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Only one I installed was the photos mod, didn't get unlimited photos though. Assistant voice typing may be a ASI function, I can't remember if I lost that or not.
gotcha. all I know is my first go at installing Pixelify for the unlimited photos worked in getting the unlimited photos, but the Assistant voice typing wasn't working. not exactly sure what was causing that issue, but after trying many things including uninstalling Pixelify and reinstalling, I went and did a wipe. since then though I have Pixelify installed and not only is unlimited photos working, but also Avt. after the wipe I did install Pixelify AFTER confirming Avt was working and also after updating to November so I'm not entirely sure what caused it...

synesthete

Mar 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
Are there any mods that can unlink the ringtone and notification volumes these days?

In the past I've used apps like Volume Butler, but I don't like having to open the app every time I want to adjust volume levels. I'd really prefer a mod that makes it possible from the stock UI/Volume slider.

32bits

Nov 20, 2022
I don't think it's working for you, and it sounds like you're misunderstanding how it works?

On my OnePlus 7T, charging literally stopped when the battery hit (in my case) 80% full. If you wanted to, you could turn off the app (or raise the limit) and it would keep charging to the new setting (or 100% if you so chose).
I would suggest take a look att "advanced charging controller" module. It can change voltage and current on various circumstances and a lot of other features, not only stops on particular battery parcentage.

Also threre is "Basic call recorder" module which allows you record phone conversations. Works perfectly.

Another very good app is named Invizible Pro (tor, firewall, cryptdns and i2p in one app)

Reactions: HipKat

Top Liked Posts