Post the photos clicked with YOUR Moto X!

Search This thread

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Post photos taken with your MOTO X.
I currently dont have a moto x so you guys can post your own....I guess!!!!!!:D

Update: planning on getting a moto x but they don't seem to launch our in India :confused:
Let's hope I get one!
~ExonakiDev:highfive:

Last edited:

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
Here's some photos OF a Moto X and its available color options

sent from just the tip

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376601928086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376601928086.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,810
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376601936163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376601936163.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,736
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376601944839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376601944839.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,914
Reactions: ExonakiDev

tacotino

Mar 21, 2011
I just got my seed device, should have my noto in 4 days!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

busixb

Mar 4, 2012

solaris2k

Feb 25, 2013
CT
Well, this is what I about expected from a Moto camera. I have seen in the right conditions and lighting pretty good shots with it, but as a 2 phone guy, this is why I will be carrying my Nokia 928 with me for photos and Moto for ecosystem and Google services. I heard most of these inadequacies can be improved upon with SW updates. We will see.

Gotta love the Lumia cameras. Gosh I miss my 920. It was so easy to take nice shots with that phone and every phone I've had since hasn't even come close.

shea-bird

Feb 26, 2011
Philadelphia
The camera on this and the new droids quite honestly sucks. I don't think anyone is surprised, but you would think if they were going for an "iphone" like market, they would have put a little more emphasis on the shooter. the artifacts in low light pics are plain awful:crying:

Was seriously considering this to move from the N4, but not anymore. Every single review that has posted pics just don't look good at all.

I love moto, just wish they would step their camera game up a notch and not just throw around terms like clearpixel...it clearly doesn't help.

I am interested in seeing real world shots that ppl get with it though---sometimes they differ from the review photos.

Happy Shooting Moto X folks

Psilocin

Aug 20, 2011
Seattle, WA
The camera on this and the new droids quite honestly sucks. I don't think anyone is surprised, but you would think if they were going for an "iphone" like market, they would have put a little more emphasis on the shooter. the artifacts in low light pics are plain awful:crying:

Was seriously considering this to move from the N4, but not anymore. Every single review that has posted pics just don't look good at all.

I love moto, just wish they would step their camera game up a notch and not just throw around terms like clearpixel...it clearly doesn't help.

I am interested in seeing real world shots that ppl get with it though---sometimes they differ from the review photos.

Well if you were planning to get the MotoX mainly for its camera, then you obviously will be disappointed. It's not leading edge right from the start, but a simple software update to tweak how it adjusts and balances the light can easily improve the quality a bit. I always view cellphone cams as means to create passable photos.

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010

They still look better than the N4's pics, at least I think so.

shea-bird

Feb 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Well if you were planning to get the MotoX mainly for its camera, then you obviously will be disappointed. It's not leading edge right from the start, but a simple software update to tweak how it adjusts and balances the light can easily improve the quality a bit. I always view cellphone cams as means to create passable photos.

Yeah I'm not looking for a DSLR, but at least match the quality of the current flagships. They are a couple Gens behind with this cam (or so it appears). The S3 took better pics. My N4 is in the same boat...crappy cam, I've been looking for that vanilla phone with a good cam...Doesn't look like its gonna happen, might have to go back to the old root n rom method.

The Sony Honami could change that though.

Anyhow, still want to see the real world pics from the X...couple more days til we get a few samples.

rajeshr

Dec 8, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Resized, but otherwise unretouched shot from my Moto X. This is just a shot from my office window - no artistic merit! :)

Attachments

• motox_shot1.jpg
    motox_shot1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,579
Reactions: ExonakiDev

rajeshr

Dec 8, 2004
Vancouver, BC
any comparative shots out yet? vs htc1, s4 and nexus4?

Here's a quick comparison shot between the MotoX & Samsung Galaxy S4. These shots were taken about 30 seconds apart and have no post processing done other than resizing each to a width of 640 pixels. The one on the left is from the Moto X and the one on the right is from the Galaxy S4.

I haven't tested the Moto X in low light or any challenging conditions.

Initial thoughts:
- The one from the GS4 os a much more accurate colour rendition of the actual scene.
- The one from the Moto X has a purplish cast to the picture (see the colour of the sky).
- There is a lot more detail in the picture taken by the GS4.

Attachments

• motox_shot1.jpg
    motox_shot1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,502
  • sgs4.jpg
    sgs4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,515
Reactions: grantith

shea-bird

Feb 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Here's a quick comparison shot between the MotoX & Samsung Galaxy S4. These shots were taken about 30 seconds apart and have no post processing done other than resizing each to a width of 640 pixels. The one on the left is from the Moto X and the one on the right is from the Galaxy S4.

Initial thoughts:
- The one from the GS4 os a much more accurate colour rendition of the actual scene.
- The one from the Moto X has a purplish cast to the picture (see the colour of the sky).

Exactly..Like I said...this camera is generations behind the current top shooters. Its a shame, and there's really no excuse other than being ignorant and disconnected from what customers want. They even hyped the camera with this ClearPixel nonsense - please dont hype a horrible camera. I would have DEF bought this phone had it contained a good camera.

BAH:mad:

Eager to see some more shots, but they could have done WAAY better with this.

rajeshr

Dec 8, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Exactly..Like I said...this camera is generations behind the current top shooters. Its a shame, and there's really no excuse other than being ignorant and disconnected from what customers want. They even hyped the camera with this ClearPixel nonsense - please dont hype a horrible camera. I would have DEF bought this phone had it contained a good camera.

BAH:mad:

Eager to see some more shots, but they could have done WAAY better with this.

There are issues but I'm not sure whether they are due to the sensor or the processing done on the resultant image. The former would be a huge issue, while the latter is something that could be addressed via a software update.

18t

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

Initial thoughts:

wow, S4 makes the X look like a joke.

Top Liked Posts