• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Post Your Battery Usage here

Search This thread

AAPD11

Oct 17, 2012
here is my galaxy note 3 battery usage test and screenshot...
My Official rom 4.4.2 kitkat..Based on nc1
I didn't play any game...
In this test i Used wifi-camera-text message-call-and some of other apps such as markets or tapatalk ...and in nights when i was Sleeped i chaneged it to airplane mode until morning....

Attachments

• 2014-04-22-21-17-32.jpg
    2014-04-22-21-17-32.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Reactions: msasm09

Steinarthor

Jan 29, 2014
I usually get around 4 days on my Note 3. But I don't use the phone that much so I guess that's normal.

I turn on Wi-fi / 4g when I need it
Screen is on auto
I don't really play any games

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-05-08-15-42-13.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-05-08-15-42-13.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Screenshots_2014-05-08-15-42-32.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-05-08-15-42-32.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 342

luis1987

Dec 30, 2010
Hi!!
I am on stock rom kitkat 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND3.
With Wifi and 4G always on. Automatic brightness (+2). Sync is on for all my apps.
Do you think this battery life is normal?
I'm asking because I remember a better battery life with android 4.3.
Thanks
y6ebany6.jpg
u2ygedu4.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Hi!!
I am on stock rom kitkat 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND3.
With Wifi and 4G always on. Automatic brightness (+2). Sync is on for all my apps.
Do you think this battery life is normal?
I'm asking because I remember a better battery life with android 4.3.
Thanks
y6ebany6.jpg
u2ygedu4.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

I think it's bad. At 3hrs screen time, even on 3G, i'm always around 60% battery life. Check my thread here for some battery saving tips.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2579075

fookea

Mar 20, 2013
My battery life on nd3 is also kinda bad, I've applied about everything regarding lower consumption and still will reach 4 hours sot at ~36 hours. Any idea if I can revert back to NA6 without screwing up Knox?

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
My battery life on nd3 is also kinda bad, I've applied about everything regarding lower consumption and still will reach 4 hours sot at ~36 hours. Any idea if I can revert back to NA6 without screwing up Knox?

I've already tripped my knox so I can't say with 100% certainty but from all that I've read, you can downgrade without any issues. Just make sure the Firmware your flashing doesn't need a pit file and everything will be A-OK.

-Check reactivation lock is OFF.
-Don't attempt to go back to JB.

N9005
Don't thank me, I'm useless

Reactions: fookea

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
I've already tripped my knox so I can't say with 100% certainty but from all that I've read, you can downgrade without any issues. Just make sure the Firmware your flashing doesn't need a pit file and everything will be A-OK.

-Check reactivation lock is OFF.
-Don't attempt to go back to JB.

N9005

ND3 BL is locked. Downgrading to an older KK FW isn't possible and trying will probably trip knox.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
ND3 BL is locked. Downgrading to an older KK FW isn't possible and trying will probably trip knox.

It's definitely possible. Are you saying can't downgrade w/o tripping knox or you can't downgrade at all? I've gone from both NB4 and ND3 back to NA6 without any issues. But like I said my knox was already tripped before flashing anything. So I'm not 100% certain what, if any effect this would have on knox. I've also read others successfully downgrading from other KK versions, but didn't state if knox was tripped or not.

N9005

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
It's definitely possible. Are you saying can't downgrade w/o tripping knox or you can't downgrade at all? I've gone from both NB4 and ND3 back to NA6 without any issues. But like I said my knox was already tripped before flashing anything. So I'm not 100% certain what, if any effect this would have on knox. I've also read others successfully downgrading from other KK versions, but didn't state if knox was tripped or not.

N9005

Alot of users have reported that after upgrading to ND5 they can not use old basebands . And by the way are you talking about full stock firmwares or just flashing roms with ND5 and ND3 baseband as i can go back too. As long as i dont have ND5 Bootloader flashed through odin.:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cuezaireekaa

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012

N9005

I was talking about not being able to downgrade from ND3. All the users that tried have reported that it's not possible and that the BL is locked. I personally haven't upgraded BL so can't check.

And that's why I said knox would get tripped. Trying to downgrade form a locked BL and the flashing failing trips knox.

PS- But it works for so I guess it might for some and not for others... This indeed is the weirdest android I have used..

Alot of users have reported that after upgrading to ND5 they can not use old basebands . And by the way are you talking about full stock firmwares or just flashing roms with ND5 and ND3 baseband as i can go back too. As long as i dont have ND5 Bootloader flashed through odin.:)

Think you meant ND3? Maybe @antique_sonic can shed some light since he was the first person to confirm not being able to downgrade. And after him nobody confirmed otherwise so I have been assuming the BL really is locked.

Last edited:

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
are you talking about full stock firmwares or just flashing roms with ND5 and ND3 baseband as i can go back too. As long as i dont have ND5 Bootloader flashed through odin.:)
I'm flashing full stock each time. Although you bring up a good point, maybe there's a slim chance the bootloader isn't getting updated through ODIN? I know I don't tick "update Bootloader" when flashing. I had my fingers crossed that I took some screenshots of the build info (when on NB4 or ND3)to rule this out, but I didn't unfortunately.

All the users that tried have reported that it's not possible and that the BL is locked.

And that's why I said knox would get tripped. Trying to downgrade form a locked BL and the flashing failing trips knox.
I was under this impression also, but thought it was only applicable when downgrading from KK to JB.
To my knowledge, flashing between KK builds was fine* as long as you didn't have the reactivation lock active or flashed a firmware with a larger pit file in which case, like you say, the flash process would fail and more than likely trip knox.

*This may also change in future KK builds?(hopefully not) But I can definitely confirm I've downgraded twice; once from NB4 and another from ND3. I'd imagine there are others who've had success doing this on stock aswell.

N9005

Reactions: fahadali2315

jkuczy16

Nov 3, 2012
Can someone tell me what's up with this? It's been happening a lot lately. I'm stock running Nova

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399732687585.jpg
    1399732687585.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 489
  • 1399732703083.jpg
    1399732703083.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 523

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Getting some good battery life back on NA6. Think this is my 3rd or 4th charge. Right back up where I like to be.

Usage/Settings
Stock NA6 XEO 4.4.2 Rooted Stock Kernel
Lux brightness- 29-50% (avg) and zero-sub zero during the night and early morning.
-Sync, GPS, Mobile Data-Off
-WiFi On
-20 mins Voice Calls
-Light sms
-Light email
-Light Rss feeds (G-reader)
-Music(Poweramp) Medium 2-3 hrs
-Couple of youtube clips sent to TV (DLNA)
-Medium/Heavy Web browsing (2-3 hrs)
-Medium forum surfing 2hrs (Tapatalk)

re6udu8y.jpg

e8atema7.jpg

4umamuby.jpg

N9005

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

@jkuczy16
The couple of times I've had excessive Android OS drain, a restart has fixed it up.
What was your SOT for the cycle in the screenshot?

The Google Play services would be of most concern to me. Check Google Now settings(disable it), Google settings (app) disable location reporting and Google play store disable auto update apps. You may want to check your accounts and sync settings disable anything Google (that you can spare). Disable G-mail app from app info also.

N9005

aayushjoshi

Sep 23, 2011
I usually get about 16 hours battery life on medium usage which is bad. So in search of better battery life I have flashed lean kernel on my X note rom. I have changed the governor to on demand but I am afraid apart from that I have no clue what settings need to be done on the trickster mod app. Can someone please advise and guide me in settings for the best battery life. Thanks

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I was talking about not being able to downgrade from ND3. All the users that tried have reported that it's not possible and that the BL is locked. I personally haven't upgraded BL so can't check.

PS- But it works for so I guess it might for some and not for others... This indeed is the weirdest android I have used..

Think you meant ND3? Maybe @antique_sonic can shed some light since he was the first person to confirm not being able to downgrade. And after him nobody confirmed otherwise so I have been assuming the BL really is locked.

what light ? :p
Hehehe... That's my experienced. I updated to ND3 with its bootloader as well (earlier). And I got a bootloop when trying to downgrade to NC2. I did a fullwipe, and it goes through the home screen. Non-stop FC, and then end up with freeze, reboot, and bootloop again.
And so I stop forcing to use older rom at that time.

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is my first charge , battery will get better over week

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Guys! Post your Battery usage here! Lets see some stats... :) Specify if you have SM-900 or 9005 also. If it's first cycle, say so too...

Cheers! :D

- SM-900 (Exynos)
    - Phone is Rooted
    - Greenified all apps except WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram and Twitter
    - I got my 2 emails syncing automatically
    - And of course the above apps running in background the entire time!
    - Disabled many bloat, including Maps (I almost never use it)
    - Google Now also turned off. Brightness set to Auto '0'

Here are my own stats!
    11jsuhh.png

2vsnekp.png

2mpjvrr.png
    1st charge cycle. No such heavy tasks but normal browsing and xda. Im impressed..
    My final battery results ?

me6aje3e.jpg
    ta6u5ema.jpg
    5e9ahe7e.jpg

Sent From My Sm-N9005 ?
    These are mine..

Edit: Guys, i just noticed that in my usage graph, wifi seems to be always on even though I set it to "only when plugged in"... hmm, a bug perhaps? Can anyone check theirs and report back here..?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app