• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Post your battery

Search This thread

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
Hi guys..

Who already has got moto g??

Go go go...

Post the screen battery...

;p

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: vishxda

t-bon3

May 16, 2010
apama3yq.jpg

Nuthin' but a 'Moto G' thang

Reactions: coloxim

leppo

Jan 31, 2012
Toronto
25% charge left, but I need to charge it before bed. Not going to push it into tomorrow.

The flat spot in the middle is due to me putting it in airplane mode for the night. Also, my usage is mostly listening to podcasts with the screen off, instead of solely using it with the screen on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-24-19-53-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-24-19-53-25.png
    160 KB · Views: 9,835
  • Screenshot_2013-11-24-19-53-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-24-19-53-34.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 8,250
Reactions: Jktfong

M3ta7h3ad

Aug 27, 2007
How do you screenshot? Tried the usual volume keys and power button combo but no dice
My moto g is showing 1 day 13 hours 20 minutes and 4 seconds, at 55% charge, granted I have followed the moto care advice and turned screen brightness to auto and timeout to 30 seconds, also turned on "battery saver" in the settings but I'm well impressed so far.

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
Hi, I've nexus 4 and I'll try for a month moto g.. I'll tell you the different..
;)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

aspot72

You went from a Nexus 4 to a Moto G? Why and how do you compare them?

The raw power is not always the most important.... I had N4 and it barelly lasted a day, the S3 was better beaten by Sony SP. But Moto G beat them all :cowboy: And is smooth as butter, no lags, freeze, reboots, overheating etc...

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Vol - and Power pressed exactly at the same time, hold both until the screenshot is taken. Works fine here.

Well, now I know ... :eek:

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
Here are my results after the first day of moderate usage. Data was on the whole time, I did some bluetooth sharing for about 15min, 1 hour of playing games, 20min of YouTube, a lot of Whatsapp etc. and still managed to have 25% left by the end of the day.

VERY IMPRESSED :good:

11l1xl5.jpg

2mfnl0k.jpg

M3ta7h3ad

Aug 27, 2007
2 days and still 25% to go.

9uru3u2u.jpg
pa6uvy2e.jpg
esy9agyj.jpg

Why from nexus 4 to motoG? Because the slidey nexus slid off of a counter, tried saving it with my foot but drop kicked it across the room.

Attempted to replace screen + digitiser as one. Replacement went flawlessly, screen worked but digitiser refused to register touch. Opted to buy a moto G ahead of paying out another £70 for another go at fixing the nexus.

As for how it compares, haven't noticed any difference aside from the insane battery life I'm getting with light usage.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: csm2mk and Allewar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The standby performance is very impressive. Here's 4 days and counting with very light usage and only synching email and Google Music, WiFi only, and still half the battery left ... Probably get a week out of it like this.

Edit: so this confirms the TechCrunch review of battery life (and the only review so far that seems to have noticed the low power mode):

The battery life on the Moto G makes it a great candidate for a “throw it in a bag, forget about it until you travel” phone, since in low power mode it can stretch its standby life to around a week. Under heavier use it returns to the realm of results achieved by other devices (but still beats most of them) and will definitely get you through the day. But again, in a budget phone, to have this kind of battery power is amazing.

Truly amazing ...
    I'm pretty impressed!
    Oh I see... and does it work like on iOS? I mean, if I get 2 calls in a short period of time, will the phone ring then?

Yes, it silences notifications & calls and you can configure exceptions for starred favourites or if someone calls twice within 5 mins. There's also a Meeting mode which works from your calendar and has auto-reply options, and a Driving mode that has hands-free options.
    5 hours screen on time

Nuthin' but a 'Moto G' thang