• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Post your Cases!

Search This thread

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
Looks great which is good because I ordered the same case in dark grey and a second in orange. Should Be delivered soon.
Got the AIORIA cases today. Really like them. Buttons are good, as is the rubber surround and cutouts. My favourite part and why I always go for these type of cases is that it's grippy on fabric such as your jeans or sofa etc.

Excuse the poor lighting I couldn't be bothered getting off the sofa as I've been wallpapering all day 😵

Attachments

• PXL_20211120_194147570.jpg
    PXL_20211120_194147570.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 253
  • PXL_20211120_194234615.jpg
    PXL_20211120_194234615.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20211120_194316528.jpg
    PXL_20211120_194316528.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 253

phupton

Mar 13, 2006
UK
Has anyone started making a bumper style case yet. Rubber surround that stretches around the body but has an open front and back.

blastroid

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco
I got a Caseology Parallax based on the amount of positive opinions here and I am liking it. The phone itself is SOOO slick it was humorously sliding off things and the caseology helps and is easy to hold and pocket, etc. I also got one of the leather wallet type Davis Cases but I haven't spent any time with it yet.

phupton

Mar 13, 2006
UK
I've installed a textured Xtreme skin on the back of my p6 which has given it a bit of grip.

coendeurloo

Dec 7, 2010
Can anyone recommend a skin for the regular pixel 6 that is extremely thin and -most importantly- doesn't have a risen edge on the side of the screen so using the back-gesture with your thumb isn't obstructed? It can be risen on the corners...but in my opinion it's weird that virtually all cases make using the back gesture annoying as hell.

Nohik52

Jan 22, 2011
Troyes
Finally received two ultra thin cases. Note that these provide no drop protection. I like these when traveling and NOT in demanding environments/situations like bike rides, hiking or yard work. They prevent from minor impact to the glass back and scratches.

1) MNML or now PHNX ($25)
it's opaque and extremely thin (0.35mm). Colors of the phone still show. There is no protection to the front.

2) Carbon Fiber case from AliExpress ($22)
I had the same case for my previous S21 Ultra and I love it. Again, I would not trust this in a drop test. There is simply not enough damping. There is a small ridge at the corners that protects the front when putting down flat.

sorry if the attached images are out of order.
I personally love these both. I was afraid the PHNX case might lift up from the back due to it's thinness. But it is actually very nice (it's hard PC, very thin and somewhat flexible).
Thanks for your feedback 👍
The cutouts are clean on the first case ? Particularly for the buttons

Reactions: derausgewanderte

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
I got a Spigen Thin Fit
as a hold-over case until hopefully a heavily-hinted holiday wish for a Bellroy. It is fine, but still more slippery than a case should be. I think I will take some 400 grit to the edges this weekend. It has a full lip, fits well, and is not too bulky (fits in my car holder and is fine for Qi charging). Overall, I would rate average, considering the lack of grip.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for your feedback 👍
The cutouts are clean on the first case ? Particularly for the buttons
yes, the cutouts for power and volume are aligned (maybe not absolutely perfect) and work great with my fingers. I did notice that the speaker cutouts are a hair low but it does not affect them. The case is so low at the edges that you will notice this if you have a plastic screen protector with their typical sharp edges. I had to take my ArmorSuit film off and replace it with a glass protector. You can see the edge of the screen protector on these side-on pics, which tells you how low profile the case is.
Again, there is no drop protection from the case and not for everybody.

Attachments

• 20211123_211543.jpg
    20211123_211543.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 159
  • 20211123_211616.jpg
    20211123_211616.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159

Nohik52

Jan 22, 2011
Troyes
yes, the cutouts for power and volume are aligned (maybe not absolutely perfect) and work great with my fingers. I did notice that the speaker cutouts are a hair low but it does not affect them. The case is so low at the edges that you will notice this if you have a plastic screen protector with their typical sharp edges. I had to take my ArmorSuit film off and replace it with a glass protector. You can see the edge of the screen protector on these side-on pics, which tells you how low profile the case is.
Again, there is no drop protection from the case and not for everybody.
Thanks a lot for all your informations ;-)
For sure this case is not the best for drop, I'm looking for an extra thin case like this, just for my daily use at desk.

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California
Got the AIORIA cases today. Really like them. Buttons are good, as is the rubber surround and cutouts. My favourite part and why I always go for these type of cases is that it's grippy on fabric such as your jeans or sofa etc.

Excuse the poor lighting I couldn't be bothered getting off the sofa as I've been wallpapering all day 😵
Can you share how the lip on the front of the screen is?

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I usually go naked, I'm pretty careful with my devices. But those were way smaller and lighter than the P6 so I decided to give a minimalist try with a couple of clear cases.
Aeska thin this is my second one bought and this is the first Spigen The Spigen is more substantial and weighs about twice the Aeska 2oz. vs about 1 oz. I kept them both, I'll use the Spigen for travel and hiking and the Aeska for daily around the house use. That's not to say I'll continue to use them but for now I feel it's prudent to protect it somewhat.

UXELLR

Apr 22, 2011

Thanks for pictures, derausgewanderte

Does the carbon fiber case have a good grip, even with dry hands? Never tried a carbon case. The bare phone slides on almost every surfaces.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6

Thanks for pictures, derausgewanderte

Does the carbon fiber case have a good grip, even with dry hands? Never tried a carbon case. The bare phone slides on almost every surfaces.
very subjective of course. For me the grip is just fine. It's certainly not as good as a Spigen case, but it feels "safe" in my hands with this one. The shell is matte and has a soft touch to it. I think they use PU to infiltrate the carbon fiber fabric so it feels like a matte PC case - is the best way I can describe it.

Reactions: UXELLR

kaylabanola

Nov 26, 2021

Poetic Revolution Case for Google Pixel 6 5G, Built-in Screen Protector Work with Fingerprint ID, Full Body Rugged Shockproof Protective Cover Case with Kickstand, Black​

Top Liked Posts