• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Post your Cases!

Search This thread

BigLuck1977

Oct 13, 2014
Google Pixel 6
Hello ,
I got two , first the spigen was only one avaible and was tough enough for adding bike mount . My second I finally got a Sp connect thats made for the device , love it . Only cuz I use there mounting system in my car and on Bicycles .

Cheers All

Attachments

• sp.jpg
    sp.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 117
  • spigen.jpg
    spigen.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 117
I got a otter box brand case today. Till my spigen comes in the mail. The otter box is really trades man looking. Heavy duty kinda big and beefy but I 100 percent feel safe using this case. I don't use screen protectors. Never really have or botherd. I don't drop my phone much at all and when I do it allways seems to land on the back. Otter box makes it a really large phone I don't like that though. Consider it though if u want a kind of higher rating of protection though.

VozerCozer

Dec 4, 2021
I've purchased two cases for this phone thus far. A Baznoc faux leather case in black, and a Caseology Parallax case in red and black.

The Baznoc case I somewhat regret purchasing, and that is not because it's a bad case; It indeed does what it is designed to do. I regret purchasing this case because I bought it merely for aesthetic reasons on a whim. It was the first case I bought, and I just wanted something nice to wear on it for work. These aren't complaints, as that is what this case was designed for: just to look nice.

The faux leather doesn't feel anything special (as faux leather usually feels), and the matte rubber border feels quite soft. The case is raised by a mere 1.0mm on the screen, with the back of the case evening out the space of the camera bump. This made holding my phone horizontally feel much better on my fingers. There are also no special features or design choices here. It is a nice case if you just, "want a case", but don't want a case that is too *case-y* of a case... if that makes sense.

The Parallax case comes off as quite gaudy to me. While the hexagon pattern on the back feels nice around the hands, I find it to be extremely noticeable in certain lighting, often making me feel a bit self conscious on whether it is too "extra" looking. Maybe tacky is the right word? Moving on from that, I believe the best way to describe the red accents appearance is as if though Caseollogy had skinned Lightning McQueen, and applied it as a trim for the camera. The engraved Caseollogy logo on the bottom red stripe in the back also isn't my favorite thing, but it is small enough to not be a big deal.

The power & volume buttons still feel clicky, the speakers still sound as they should without any noticeable distortion, I find that wireless charging works without fail, and the slightly raised edges aren't noticeable if you are used to other cases. The "Dia Grip" on the sides near the bottom feel amazing, and add a ton of confidence to my brace when I'm out and about. This is absolutely the case I will be using every day.

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_101559.jpg
    IMG_20211124_101559.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20211205_141356.jpg
    IMG_20211205_141356.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
It looks like another one I saw on AliExpress. This one has the camera back open, while the one I got has it closed with holes. Based on the looks it seems to be the same material. A carbon fiber fabric impregnated with PU to give you a hard case that is soft to the touch.

Reactions: vibrantliker

xela19115

starbiker99

Dec 30, 2009
Parker
Google Pixel 6
I am on my 3rd case. I have 2 different Spigen cases and find both of them a bit bulky on more than the other. This case is the light and smallest I have used so far. Hopefully it will hold up or I find a thinner one yet. I came from a OP 6T and used the McLaren case and that is the feel I am going for.

Reactions: derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
I am on my 3rd case. I have 2 different Spigen cases and find both of them a bit bulky on more than the other. This case is the light and smallest I have used so far. Hopefully it will hold up or I find a thinner one yet. I came from a OP 6T and used the McLaren case and that is the feel I am going for.

how is the back of this case against the phone. I recently had a similar silicone case and it would lift off right under the camera for 1-2mm. It wasn't a snug fit and whenever you picked up the phone with it you'd hear/feel the case snap against the phone.

starbiker99

Dec 30, 2009
Parker
Google Pixel 6
how is the back of this case against the phone. I recently had a similar silicone case and it would lift off right under the camera for 1-2mm. It wasn't a snug fit and whenever you picked up the phone with it you'd hear/feel the case snap against the phone.
It fits really snug all around. I'm hoping it doesn't loosen up on the sides.

hawkwind

Nov 8, 2010
Cumbria
Finally received two ultra thin cases. Note that these provide no drop protection. I like these when traveling and NOT in demanding environments/situations like bike rides, hiking or yard work. They prevent from minor impact to the glass back and scratches.

1) MNML or now PHNX ($25)
it's opaque and extremely thin (0.35mm). Colors of the phone still show. There is no protection to the front.

2) Carbon Fiber case from AliExpress ($22)
I had the same case for my previous S21 Ultra and I love it. Again, I would not trust this in a drop test. There is simply not enough damping. There is a small ridge at the corners that protects the front when putting down flat.

sorry if the attached images are out of order.
I personally love these both. I was afraid the PHNX case might lift up from the back due to it's thinness. But it is actually very nice (it's hard PC, very thin and somewhat flexible).
Thanks for this post, I've received my carbon case today.
It feels really nice in the hand and makes the phone more comfortable to use compared to the casemate that i had on prior to this.
Obviously not as much protection but for general daily use it is perfect for me.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for this post, I've received my carbon case today.
It feels really nice in the hand and makes the phone more comfortable to use compared to the casemate that i had on prior to this.
Obviously not as much protection but for general daily use it is perfect for me.
One downside of this case is that it's difficult to quickly wipe away dust and smudge from the camera cover glass. I'm considering our waterjet cutter at work to cut it out to look like the more open carbon fiber case in the other post.
cheers

Top Liked Posts