Post your KCAL setup here.

Search This thread

Ice Bear

Aug 31, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Ice Bear created a similar thread on the LG V20 threads so that the V20 users may share their KCAL setups. Now it's time for the OnePlus 7 Pro users to share. Let us know what KCAL values you are using along with the screen calibration profile from settings>display>screen calibration.

Last edited:

Ice Bear

Aug 31, 2018
Bay Area, CA
KCAL is a feature that comes with a custom kernel if it's added in. It allows you to have finer control for screen calibration. These include: Red, Green, Blue, Screen Saturation, Screen Value, Screen Contrast and Hue. You can only access this setting if you have root, a custom kernel and use a kernel manager such as Kernel Adiutor or Ex kernel manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190605-193018.jpg
    Screenshot_20190605-193018.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,111

klym.software

Oct 4, 2018
KCAL is a feature that comes with a custom kernel if it's added in. It allows you to have finer control for screen calibration. These include: Red, Green, Blue, Screen Saturation, Screen Value, Screen Contrast and Hue. You can only access this setting if you have root, a custom kernel and use a kernel manager such as Kernel Adiutor or Ex kernel manager.

I have the display set to AMOLDED Wide Gamut with the temp close to the middle/a little colder, and in KCAL I bumped the saturation up to 48. I like the over saturated look so I think this setting is awesome! Glad I read this post :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me wide color mode is enough.
    It can be enabled in display settings (OOS) or adb shell command with root:
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/soc/ae00000.qcom,mdss_mdp/drm/card0/card0-DSI-1/native_display_wide_color_mode
    Also how the name came about and how was it not taken yet?

(Ice Bear is a character from We Bare Bears and refers to himself in 3rd person)
    Theaxis01 wants to know why icebear refers to himself in the 3rd person. Haha.

I have the display set to AMOLDED Wide Gamut with the temp close to the middle/a little colder, and in KCAL I bumped the saturation up to 48. I like the over saturated look so I think this setting is awesome! Glad I read this post :good:
    Theaxis01 wants to know why icebear refers to himself in the 3rd person. Haha.

dr_rick13 is equally curious