• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Post Your Note 10.1 Designs/Sketches

Sparksltd

Mar 11, 2007
That is incredible. I really want to learn how you drew the fur and the nose . I'm really new to digital painting. This is a Christmas card I'm making for my parents. I'm taking them to a restaurant called the melting pot.
Thanks! Kinda hard to explain but its just lots of little lines then spray over with the same colour to make it look smooth like fur. As for the nose used spray to highlight the areas needed to make light look correct then drew black lines in with pencil.

spiralpen

Jul 11, 2011
Wow love this thread! I'm glad to be joining such a talented community with my galaxy note 10.1 and Merry Christmas all :D

I tried clover and wanted to like it but it draws off to the side with everything ..? I changed to left hand mode in settings and it's still doing it, any ideas? Well upload drawings soon, right now I use layer paint sand it's fantastic too :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app

fishgimp

Jun 4, 2012
Wow love this thread! I'm glad to be joining such a talented community with my galaxy note 10.1 and Merry Christmas all :D

I tried clover and wanted to like it but it draws off to the side with everything ..? I changed to left hand mode in settings and it's still doing it, any ideas? Well upload drawings soon, right now I use layer paint sand it's fantastic too :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app
You're almost there, there are four options under the pen pointer setting... choose the pen ones:)

Reactions: spiralpen

Magnesus

Mar 7, 2011
Some small village
First drawing of a peasant for my upcoming platformer game The Lost Heroes. He will hold a pitchfork and be animated (hands / body / head are on different layers so it's easy to animate). I'm using Sketchbook Pro for this - I think it might be good enough for my purposes. Normally I use MyPaint on PC (which is just excellent). The hands and legs are of course not ready, so is the pose (because it will be animated I don't care about the pose right now, I'll set him up whatever I want in animation software). I'm not entirely content with it but it will be a minor character only visible in initial animation sequence. My main graphics in MyPaint looks like this: (this was drawn NOT on Note 10.1, but on PC in MyPaint using graphics tablet) http://s.wieze.org/progress1.jpg - I think I'll use Note 10.1 from now on for some additional (less important) graphics.

Attachments

Last edited:

ErrieR

Oct 19, 2010
I tried clover memo but i coludnt figure out the layer system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
I would also like to know how to use layers in clover memo. I think it's under Tools -> Image, but I can't find the option to add a layer, for example.

Sparksltd

Mar 11, 2007
Only for the nose I highlighted first but for hair I sketched on one layer then added hair on another with pencil set to 1 and opacity to about 300 - 400,t hen highlight. I did each part on a new layer too so to prevent overlap. Look forward to seeing your dog!

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
I think i do things backwards from everyone else here.. i do a rough sketch, turn those in to lines, paint behind them with a new layer, then add another layer for shading the paint.. then i go back over the lines with a eraser with opacity set to 0.2 to make the lines fade out..

from my Note 10.1

aletheus

Oct 13, 2011
I think i do things backwards from everyone else here.. i do a rough sketch, turn those in to lines, paint behind them with a new layer, then add another layer for shading the paint.. then i go back over the lines with a eraser with opacity set to 0.2 to make the lines fade out..

from my Note 10.1
i think every artist appears to do it backwards because image assembly, method, ideas about what vision, images and color are for and how we use them all influence how we draw. thats what makes each and every artist TOTALLY unique... from anybodys perspective, we each appear to do things backwards from everybody else, but none of US are going backwards in the same way.... i actually think that artists are operating on micro and macro cycles of time simultaneously, and so we appear backwards, but i see it more as omnidirectional.... we are n-dimensional beings having an (n-1)-dimensional experience, using (n-2)-dimensional formulae (images) to describe our n-dimensional being.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app