• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Post your Note 7 model to identify the faulty models.

Search This thread

elagizy

Sep 2, 2016
Samsung rep. mentioned : "China is not affected by the sales suspension." The company said it used a battery made by another supplier for the Note 7s sold in China.

I bought this model "SM-N930FD" from Hong Kong, I'm not sure if this is imported from another country as it's not officially sold in HK yet.

Can anyone confirm if this model is safe or not? Also would be great to know the Chinese models.

Last edited:

elagizy

Sep 2, 2016
I think "made in China" doesn't mean it's a Chinese model. Also FD model supports dual sim, not sure about the other models.

According to Samsung (through Yonhap: famous Korean source), they were relying on 2 battery suppliers. 1 supplier was the reason of this mess, Samsung didn't mention the name of the supplier but they said the battery is manufactured using a material that cause excessive heat when being charged. Chinese models were manufactured using the other supplier were no issues has been reported by users or Samsung. Also the company said sales wouldn't be interrupted in China.

The purpose of knowing the fine models is to avoid scams by sellers, I'm pretty sure there will be large drop on the prices of the faulty models.

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
I have a UK N930F made in Vietnam, it's actually stone cold in comparison to my S6 it replaced.

I'm not worried about it, but if I can get a new replacement that is guaranteed not to have the problem I will take it just for peace of mind.

mike208

Jun 21, 2010
How do you know what country your phone was made in? Havent had any issues with my yet regarding heat and I have charged with the cord/block that came with the phone, a verizon car charger and the samsung fast charge wireless pad