• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Posted petition on Nvidia forum, got shadowbanned.

Search This thread

Diesel779

Dec 28, 2012
West Bromwich
It is an excellent tablet. If you have an issue they will replace it. Use the device and draw your own conclusions. Nvidia has a lot of devices out there and this is just one thread with one disgruntled customer. No company is perfect and in my case at least they have done what needed to be done for my issues.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still undecided on whether or not to send it back. I've taken it out of the box, but left it in the wrapper and ha a bit of a play with it. It's fast! Very fast! Speakers sound amazing. I like that it can take a 128gb sd card so I can put plenty of media on there. I'm just really worried about the cracking issue. What issue did you have?

nrage23

Thanks for the reply. I'm still undecided on whether or not to send it back. I've taken it out of the box, but left it in the wrapper and ha a bit of a play with it. It's fast! Very fast! Speakers sound amazing. I like that it can take a 128gb sd card so I can put plenty of media on there. I'm just really worried about the cracking issue. What issue did you have?

My first one did get 2 corner cracks. They did replace it without issue. The replacement is 2 weeks old with no issues so far and is seems more solid. The first one I had the back cover always seemed loose.

Reactions: Diesel779

bromancer

Apr 10, 2011
Back up your facts with proof or get the **** out. Simple...

There's an entire subsection that Nvidia forum for proof. It really is that simple. No conspiracies involved. Of course some of these delightfully informative and "serving the public good" posts aren't visible anymore, same thing with most of the sensible and intellingent well-argumented discussions I'm referring to.

Really, if you follow that particular forum, you know. As does everybody else. "I got banned for posting a petition", I would have never thought that anyone would fall for that...

Since it's obvious you won't get around to it, here's a helpful link for starters - the particular petition thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...dia-to-tell-us-what-the-plan-is-with-cracks-/

A troll failing to play the martyr card. That's all there is to it. Feel free to disagree, there's an entire forum subsection that agrees though :)

Reactions: MRCANNADY

cosmicsanity

Nov 2, 2014
There's an entire subsection that Nvidia forum for proof. It really is that simple. No conspiracies involved. Of course some of these delightfully informative and "serving the public good" posts aren't visible anymore, same thing with most of the sensible and intellingent well-argumented discussions I'm referring to.

Really, if you follow that particular forum, you know. As does everybody else. "I got banned for posting a petition", I would have never thought that anyone would fall for that...

Since it's obvious you won't get around to it, here's a helpful link for starters - the particular petition thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...dia-to-tell-us-what-the-plan-is-with-cracks-/

A troll failing to play the martyr card. That's all there is to it. Feel free to disagree, there's an entire forum subsection that agrees though :)
I think you are failing to understand what other people are going through. I had 3 NVIDIA Shield Tablets that all developed cracks. I'm not trying to say it is a horrible product, it has the best specs you could find in a tablet other than the Nexus 9 but what I don't understand is why Nvidia is pretending this is not a big issue, obviously it is and it needs to be resolved quickly. Did I want to keep the devices? Sure I did, but
(play lonely guy staring into open sea scene) can I, knowing someday it will fall apart and leave me in tears

bromancer

Apr 10, 2011
I think you are failing to understand what other people are going through. I had 3 NVIDIA Shield Tablets that all developed cracks. I'm not trying to say it is a horrible product, it has the best specs you could find in a tablet other than the Nexus 9 but what I don't understand is why Nvidia is pretending this is not a big issue, obviously it is and it needs to be resolved quickly. Did I want to keep the devices? Sure I did, but
(play lonely guy staring into open sea scene) can I, knowing someday it will fall apart and leave me in tears

I'm not trying to downplay that issue, seriously. Just trying to point out that the OP is full of it and only using this petition - which Nvidia restored promptly after the community reacted to its disappearance - to martyrize the actual situation, getting temporarily banned for repeated trolling. Coincidentally he joined XDA the last time he got banned, to continue his tirade here.

Considering how many threads there are on Nvidia's own Shield Tablet forum section about all the issues and how they're not censored and their moderators allow people like the OP to continue their behavior as long as they don't directly break the forum rules, these kind of "OMG I was banned in an attempt to sweep issues under the rug" are ridiculous.

Just to make it clear, those sarcastic remarks like "serving the public good" where just about the overall situation regarding the OP's behavior on Nvidia's forum. Which I really hope never transfers over here.

Hopefully that explains my posts. Otherwise I'm there with you people, fearing the day my Shield Tablet develops cracks or goes haywire or I start noticing those screen distortions under normal pressure applied to it. So far I'm one of those mostly silent lurkers who's had good luck with his device and the battery life turned excellent once I de-Googleized it.

We the owners and users of Shield Tablets just don't need people like the OP to speak for us or represent us in any way. They do nothing else but damage the whole situation and make everything difficult for everyone else. Mostly for us, which is a damn shame.

Reactions: MRCANNADY

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Guys, Ive been following the OPs post on the Nvidia forums, and I can confirm 1,000% that he is one if not THE biggest troll! Its one thing to complain, but all he did was post negative comment after negative comments, for example, anyone who stated that an update from Nvidia fixed the known wifi issue, he would troll those people calling them liars/etc. He was universally annoying on the site, and the majority was glad to see him banned. And instead of admitting his known reasons for getting banned, he comes here making up crap.

Typical troll

asim.sidz

Guys, Ive been following the OPs post on the Nvidia forums, and I can confirm 1,000% that he is one if not THE biggest troll! Its one thing to complain, but all he did was post negative comment after negative comments, for example, anyone who stated that an update from Nvidia fixed the known wifi issue, he would troll those people calling them liars/etc. He was universally annoying on the site, and the majority was glad to see him banned. And instead of admitting his known reasons for getting banned, he comes here making up crap.

Typical troll

Ahaan!

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I'm over a month in now and not a single crack on EDITmy LTE model. Just issues w/ LTE on TMO.

EDIT: Crap. No, I just spotted a microcrack at a corner. Where do I go to RMA, rather than ask a question?

EDIT: Got in touch with them via Live Chat. They're putting me in for an RMA and listed its TMO LTE behavior as, quote, "not usual".

Last edited:

asim.sidz

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I'm over a month in now and not a single crack on EDITmy LTE model. Just issues w/ LTE on TMO.

EDIT: Crap. No, I just spotted a microcrack at a corner. Where do I go to RMA, rather than ask a question?

EDIT: Got in touch with them via Live Chat. They're putting me in for an RMA and listed its TMO LTE behavior as, quote, "not usual".

You should always take photos of physical deformities and/or cracks before you give it for replacement. Upload it too so that we can have a look at it. Mine has not given me any cracks "yet".

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
You should always take photos of physical deformities and/or cracks before you give it for replacement. Upload it too so that we can have a look at it. Mine has not given me any cracks "yet".

I had to take pictures to get the replacement ;) Here, I'll upload yer a pic

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 790

ShortwaveTech

Oct 25, 2014
My issue wasn't my shield burning up, cracking apart, wifi, or screen distortion.. Coil whine.

No.

It was that I explained to support I live in the country and it cost me 20 dollars to go to a Fed-ex.
And that by reading their forum it seems many people have been sent up to 4 dysfunctional replacements, other peoples unchecked RMA's with other various issues.
I was assured the problem is sorted finally and I'd get a new one...

Right on the box, RMA.
Turned it on, distorted screen..

Before I sent back the first, I asked if I could return both to save me money and time..
It took them over 15 days to reply and didn't even answer my question, just said they can start the process now for my 2nd..
I waited till' the 14th day before sending it in hoping I could save myself another wasted 20 dollars on this product.

All they had to do was either tell me the issue really isn't resolved and I'd of politely waited till it was to RMA.
Or basically, just not lie to me.

I've spent over a month now in RMA loops with newegg and nvidia.
Newegg decided to take off a 100 dollars on a recent AMD video card puchase, which was something.. To help comp' with all my time wasted and the headaches..

Nvidia.. "You're being upgraded to level 2 support to help you resolve this issue" Since then it's taken twice as long to get a reply, and they are not coherant and don't even answer a simple question I asked.. Since then I recieve emails asking me how the support was even though the case is open still and... Terribly unresolved.

I can't afford to RMA another one if I can't be assured it's not been splooged all over and used on the crapper by strangers and still ultimately suffering defects.

I fear when the year is up for a lot of people.

Since I can't realistically use touch on it in games as the screen distorts..
If this one cracks I'll have to write it off, tear it down and rebuild it in an old toolbox or something cool. Add a heatsink and mod the f*** out of it.
I'll have more fun with that than I will with the games this thing doesn't have.

Most played game, Chess..
Also the game that heated up my device enough to contract/expand/weaken the plastics enough to become brittle.

Was fine for three months, till' I played that game for a few days..
I find a connection there.

I fear "high end" titles..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we all know about the cracked edges issue, and you've probably also heard that even the "new batch" and the LTE model are still prone to cracking.

Yesterday I posted a petition on the geforce forum to bring attention to the issue and to demand a statement from NVIDIA regarding what their plan is to rectify the issue. Today I was shadowbanned, which means that nothing informed me that I was banned, but all my posts and threads are not visible to anyone else. So now the petition is down a black hole. I have NO IDEA why I was banned, but it was likely an attempt to erase the petition, as I didn't do anything inflammatory in the past couple days, and this is not a normal account suspension (those let you know you're temp banned). This is a shady shadowban where they don't want anyone to know that I'm banned. They just want to silently erase every post and thread I've ever made.

Here's where I need your help. Nvidia is obviously trying to sweep the continuing cracked edge saga under the rug. I would appreciate it if anyone who also frequents the nvidia community could make a new topic to start a new petition to demand a response about the cracked edges, and also to let people know what happened to me.

We shouldn't let them get away with this. Thanks.
    Thank God I came to XDA before pulling the trigger on one of these. No lie, I was dead set on getting one in the next 30 minutes.
    What the heck does gamergate have to do with an nvidia tablet? Easy to see why that was deleted.
    How very interesting.:rolleyes:

Is that really your best response to the topic?
    Of course the truth differs greatly from the OP's statements.

He got banned for being an obsessive-compulsive and an outright obnoxious troll, not because of some great crackpot conspiracy regarding his petition or whatever. He also got - at least some of the less offensive - posts returned along with being unbanned, but these kind of facts would just ruin a nice story.

Made up stories are made up. Simple as that. There's a few of these cases on every forum and the Shield Tablet section on Nvidia's forum isn't an exception.
    He got banned for being an obsessive-compulsive and an outright obnoxious troll.
    Back up your facts with proof or get the **** out. Simple...