• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Potential XaioXin Pad Pro 12 owners read this first.

Search This thread

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
As the software is now, in its current state 1st December 2021 I strongly advise you do not purchase this tablet.
There is an issue with the built in security app on Zui13 which means you are not able to open and configure the whitelist settings. This means Google play services, google mail, MicroG vanced and many other programs will be forced closed (battery saving??). You will miss appointments and apps will not auto update.

I have a seperate thread here covering other annoyances. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/no-opencl-or-dts-on-p12-but-present-on-p11-2021.4366861/

Due to these issues I decided to flash to the ROW (international) P12 Pro ROM using the instructions at on this video (using the correct ROM for my device obviously)

THIS PROCESS DOES NOT WORK. DO NOT ATTEMPT THE ABOVE YOU WILL BE STUCK IN THE BOOT LOADER.

I will update this thread if the situation improves!

If anyone can help me locate the chinese stock ROM for this tablet I would greatly appreciate it and will buy you a couple of beers via Paypal.

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Moving some of the comments from my thread to this one.

According to the Chinese forums, the protections (against region switch and rollback) were implemented since ZUI 12.6. This was before the release of this device and applies to P11 series as well.

I suppose the bootloader you flashed can detect whether your device is of the right region or not, and will not proceed any further. If that's the case... I think you'll have to wait until someone actually dumped an entire PRC FW (including the bootloader parts), so you can (probably) at least revert the device back to a working state.

Anyone who hasn't OTA upgraded the P12 (XiaoXin Pad Pro 12.6) may try using logcat (or use tools like Fiddler) to obtain some hints about possible whereabouts of full OTA packages for this device. It may be possible to convert a full OTA package to a way usable by QFIL to restore the device. I once tried this to look for hints, but no avail... maybe the OTA servers have changed since then.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Moving some of the comments from my thread to this one.

According to the Chinese forums, the protections (against region switch and rollback) were implemented since ZUI 12.6. This was before the release of this device and applies to P11 series as well.

I suppose the bootloader you flashed can detect whether your device is of the right region or not, and will not proceed any further. If that's the case... I think you'll have to wait until someone actually dumped an entire PRC FW (including the bootloader parts), so you can (probably) at least revert the device back to a working state.

Anyone who hasn't OTA upgraded the P12 (XiaoXin Pad Pro 12.6) may try using logcat (or use tools like Fiddler) to obtain some hints about possible whereabouts of full OTA packages for this device. It may be possible to convert a full OTA package to a way usable by QFIL to restore the device. I once tried this to look for hints, but no avail... maybe the OTA servers have changed since then.

Thanks for the update. Yes it's pretty grim. At this point I think I have to send it back to China for Repair or claim on gadget insurance!