• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pouch cases which will fit the nexus 5?

Search This thread
Jun 23, 2013
MNL
This is good. By the way do you think nexus 5 with case will fit in it? TIA!

Here we are:
the pouch and the phone. (before someone asks: yep, the phone has a glass screen protector on it. It's the Orzly 0.3 mm, but I'm going to remove it since it has a huge bubble in the "same" spot).
v9b1.jpg

The phone fits nicely in the pouch, there's no risk of accidental button press while slipping on.
tgxr.jpg

9xlr.jpg

There's enough space since the pouch is not a rigid one; however, even upside down, the phone won't slip out.
gczb.jpg

rjzj.jpg

My two cents. So far, minimal, well made, I love it :)

Here it is:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Begoos/se...r=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search

Contact Linda with confidence, she's very kind and she will for sure accept modifications on her pouches. ;)

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
................. Noreve makes what seems to be a very nice leather pouch.

These do look very nice, similar to my previous Blackberry Bold 9000 pouch. No potentially breakable, superfluous pull tab which I believe is a plus, minimalistic makes it more elegant and less gimmicky..........but unfortunately Noreve didn't put enough thought into the production of the pouch with due considerations for the N5 in mind.

It seems nearly all the manufacturers doesn't realize the N5 has the sleep/wake function. Hope they are reading this Post so.............

MAGNET FOR THE SLEEP/WAKE FUNCTION

-please-

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Of course, it's the only way to make things better ;)

Noreve are really open minded about suggestions and changes. I suggested that they also start making some other accessories out of leather (because the leather they use is really fantastic) and within a few months they had DSLR cases, cases for pens, paper, etc.

met67

Apr 16, 2007
Hi,

I recently fitted an Ultraslim Sena case for the HTC One to my Nexus 5.
I shaped a piece of balsa wood to resemble the shape of the Nexus, split it in two pieces and then used a pencil to stretch the leather of the case. To achieve a better result, I also soaked the case with water.
After one day, the phone goes in very smoothly, but is still a bit difficult to extract, probably because of the material used for the back of the black Nexus.
I am adding some pics of the process.
nusy4u2a.jpg
5egy6any.jpg
agy8egyg.jpg
eju5aga9.jpg
7enuqa2e.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Ok guys, I'm divided between the Adore June Classic Sleeve and the Mumbi case with tab, but none of them have at least some holes on the bottom of the sleeve to get better ringing sound... any other pouch in the style of those two with some holes on the bottom?? I know that Mediadevil has holes but it's a bit pricey compared with the other two... I don't want to pay more than €15/£13 for a pouch...

omartins

Jan 31, 2011
Ok guys, I'm divided between the Adore June Classic Sleeve and the Mumbi case with tab, but none of them have at least some holes on the bottom of the sleeve to get better ringing sound... any other pouch in the style of those two with some holes on the bottom?? I know that Mediadevil has holes but it's a bit pricey compared with the other two... I don't want to pay more than €15/£13 for a pouch...

Hi, if you decide yourself to go with the adore June, choose a bigger phone model. I bought the one meant for the z1 and could still hang the sleeve up side down without letting the phone fall. That said I must assume the model meant for the nexus 5 would be super hyper tight.

RM

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Hi, if you decide yourself to go with the adore June, choose a bigger phone model. I bought the one meant for the z1 and could still hang the sleeve up side down without letting the phone fall. That said I must assume the model meant for the nexus 5 would be super hyper tight.

RM
Didn't like the aspect of the pulling tab on the mumbi pouch. I choosed the adore.
But, I choose the one for the N5... why would I want to choose a pouch from another model that is not meant for my phone?? Didn't understand your quote on this aspect...

omartins

Jan 31, 2011
From the reviews I read, I think he meant Adore pouch is too tight, so a bigger model would be a better fit.
@onesolo and @omartins: where did you guys buy from?

I bought mine from Amazon.de

RM

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Didn't like the aspect of the pulling tab on the mumbi pouch. I choosed the adore.
But, I choose the one for the N5... why would I want to choose a pouch from another model that is not meant for my phone?? Didn't understand your quote on this aspect...

Because I found some information saying it would be hard to pull the phone out of the pouch because it is very tight. That said, choosing a pouch for a slightly bigger model should be a wise decision. From my experience as I already stated the Z1 model is a good option for the nexus 5, but of course, you are free to choose whatever you like.
Just as a curiosity, after you get yours, share your experience here, please.

RM

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Just received the Adore pouch... like it a lot.
Love the design and the N5 fits perfectly inside of it.
The only down is that sometimes it's a bit difficult to put the N5 inside of it, but no problems at all to take it off.
The interior of the pouch it's great to keep the N5 clean, specially the screen side.

Recommend it to everyone.

ZeGuitarist

Apr 16, 2011
Belgium
So after a couple of months of using my N5 with the LG QuickCover flipcase on, I suddenly realised this phone is way too damn stylish to put any sort of case on.

One impulse buy later, I'm waiting for my Adore June pouch to arrive (N5 business edition)...

Will post my review when it gets here!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mediadevil Artisanpouch

Could you please upload some pics and do a short review?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well I've been using it for 3 days now.

Positives
    -nice snug fit
    -good protection for the phone
    -feels and looks high quality
    -product comes in nice packaging
    -the tab parks itself by way of a magnet when the phone is inside

Negatives
    -I'm not too keen on the pull tab. I'd prefer a little hole in the bottom in order to push the phone out with your finger.
    The pull tab just hangs about loose when the phone is not inside
    I usually end up turning the pouch upside down and shaking the phone out.
    http://www.senacases.com/google/nexus-5/

Sena added N5 page, maybe they'll release something interesting! :p

EDIT: great news! they'll release the zero bulk Ultraslim soon

0fkfArz.png

3.png

2.png

1.png
    Here is the SlimFit just arrived.
    It doesn't fit very tight as Skinny XL did with Nexus 4 at the beginning but it holds the phone pretty stable:

attachment.php
    Bugatti now has a few pouches custom made for the Nexus 5 the 'Slimfit' and the 'Pure Premium'. The Slimfit model is the most similar to the Skinny XL. They have also listed all of their pouches which fit the Nexus 5 on the side bar of the web page linked below. The new Slimfit and Pure Premium models do not appear on Amazon.de yet

http://www.bugatti-mobilecases.de/en_google-nexus-5-slimfit-leather-black_8607_10612.html
    I just ordered a Bugatti Elements XL Pouch for my nexus 5. If it can fit a n4 w/ a case on it should have no problem with the 5. Also i have an old sena ultraslim case that i bought for my old verizon gnex. i just put my gs3 in it and it's a tight fit but after a while it should stretch out. Why do i mention my gs3? because according to specs its 1.43mm wider then the nexus 5. So when my nexus 5 gets here on monday it should have no problems fitting inside =D

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

btw here is a video of the n4 w/ a spigen case fitting in the bugatti elements xl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3xUqxMGlI

Well Bugatti Elements XL Pouch is cool but not as slimfit as i'm looking for!
    According to the spreadsheet i made Nexus 5 should fit the Elements case very easily due to smaller longitudinal section compared to the Nexus 4.

Currently my Nexus 4 wears a Sena Ultraslim designed for HTC One X, and despite the slightly higher longitudinal section it is not as tight as it should be due to +1.2 mm width.
    By this experience i think that the width is a key parameter for a tight pouch.
    According to the spreadsheet, Galaxy S4 pouches should be the right choice. The S4 extra width will help compensating the higher depth of the Nexus 5.
    yzVzIXB.png

I think i'll get this one and i'll try to stretch out in depth:
    http://www.senacases.com/samsung-cases/galaxy-s-4/ultraslim/#
    I'm a Sena Cases votary :laugh:

Any suggestion?