• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Power Button Issue

Search This thread

gcap18

I cannot find any remedy to the issue I am having, so starting a new thread. I just updated my phone to OOS 11.2.8.8. When I used to short press my power button, it would just put my screen to sleep like normal and when I would long press, it would bring up the power screen to power off, reboot, etc. Now after the update, when I short press the power button it brings me to that power screen. Long pressing and short pressing almost seem to be consolidated into one action.

Anyone else have this issue or every have this issue happen before? I cannot for the life of me figure out a solution. Have tried rebooting, wiping cache, re-installing the recent update, changing the press and hold power button option over to voice assistant and back. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a combination of modules in magisk causing the issue. I've seen other people in the tpd thread talk about it. Not sure which ones though
    Yup, that's exactly what it was. Removed the app throttling module and all is working normally. Thank you!!
    It's a combination of modules in magisk causing the issue. I've seen other people in the tpd thread talk about it. Not sure which ones though