Power Button won't wake up screen sometimes.

Search This thread
Hello!
After locking the phone, it happens that sometimes the power button won't turn on the display.
The button is still working, because it is possible to start the Flashlight (long press power button) or open the camera app (double tap power button, can hear the sound).
I'm using the latest lineageos 14.1 version.

Does anybody how to fix this?

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Hello!
After locking the phone, it happens that sometimes the power button won't turn on the display.
The button is still working, because it is possible to start the Flashlight (long press power button) or open the camera app (double tap power button, can hear the sound).

same thing happen with me from last 3 days. don't know what is the problem. but it wake in 1-2 minutes. .i can listen screen unlock sound. and lock sound but display is black.
Faulty display.

Last edited:

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Not faulty display. Happened to me with oreo roms, nougat roms are ok.
Also with some themes applied too
You ever thought why everyone else is using Oreo roms without display issues and you can't? Hmm,I see faulty display.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

I don't think so, because my display got replaced.
I'm afraid it is a faulty replacement then.

Neeko72

Sep 26, 2016
Hello!

As ridiculous as that may sound i think it's a problem with your button, you will have to desolder this and resolder a new one. I used to have the same problem, button didn't work like 2/10 at first, and that rate kept increasing. With use and tear it kept worsening. I bought soldering iron and replaced the button, it now works freakin' great.
Europe link: https ://www. ebay. com /itm/For-OnePlus-One-Replacement-Power-Button-Flex-Cable-OEM/152114356352?epid=685628822&hash=item236ab8e080:g:C20AAOSwLF1YB02h
just remove the spaces and you're ready to go!
If this was any helpful to you please make sure to click the thanks button :).

As ridiculous as that may sound i think it's a problem with your button, you will have to desolder this and resolder a new one. I used to have the same problem, button didn't work like 2/10 at first, and that rate kept increasing. With use and tear it kept worsening. I bought soldering iron and replaced the button, it now works freakin' great.
Europe link: https ://www. ebay. com /itm/For-OnePlus-One-Replacement-Power-Button-Flex-Cable-OEM/152114356352?epid=685628822&hash=item236ab8e080:g:C20AAOSwLF1YB02h
just remove the spaces and you're ready to go!
If this was any helpful to you please make sure to click the thanks button :).

Okay that sounds strange. I can give it a try.

Neeko72

Sep 26, 2016
Now that i see this Thread again, it's far more likely that your lcd just died or partially did. Although if it turns on sometimes like your state, "that sometimes the power button won't turn on the display" it may be a bad teared down soldering on either the power button on the lcd pcb. Get it to a repair shop and ask for a check, if you don't mine you cant open your back cover and remove the screws so you let the motherboard pcb exposed, with a high quality picture we should be able to see if the power button is the problem or not.

Last edited:
Now that i see this Thread again, it's far more likely that your lcd just died or partially did. Although if it turns on sometimes like your state, "that sometimes the power button won't turn on the display" it may be a bad teared down soldering on either the power button on the lcd pcb. Get it to a repair shop and ask for a check, if you don't mine you cant open your back cover and remove the screws so you let the motherboard pcb exposed, with a high quality picture we should be able to see if the power button is the problem or not.

The whole display part was replaced in a repair shop.

Neeko72

Sep 26, 2016
The whole display part was replaced in a repair shop.

aye, and? Mine was the same, it worsen upon the replacement, and within some days of usage, the flex cable had gotten damaged for good, the oneplus one replacement displays out there are crappy, mostly used, not well maintained, cheap ones, and they are not to be trusted.

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
aye, and? Mine was the same, it worsen upon the replacement, and within some days of usage, the flex cable had gotten damaged for good, the oneplus one replacement displays out there are crappy, mostly used, not well maintained, cheap ones, and they are not to be trusted.
I'm using a cheap replacement from ebay that I replaced myself,and I'm yet to see any issues with it.

venu gopal

May 15, 2015
most lcd have the problem. i got a lcd thrice now from different manufacturers had the same problem for some extent
digitizer works fine but lcd doesn't have good connection

Reactions: Neeko72

jdmatt

Mar 4, 2018
My Nexus was also sometimes not waking with the power button. A custom ROM flash (Nexus4Ever) worked well, but still had the same problem. Probably related to this I would notice that when the phone did wake it was sometimes taking a few seconds to do it.

After some searching I found a solution under the lineageos forums -- search for BUGBASH-230 (can't post url here because this is a guest reply). Basically, you have to copy (copy them, don't move them) all tzapps files found in system/etc to system/vendor. It worked for me. There's no more delay in waking up and the problem has been gone for a week now. Before the fix it was occurring at least once a day. Try it.

Reactions: distorter

saitei

Jun 22, 2012
It's not the display

I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 with 14.1 installed. The mockingbird replies about it being a faulty display or power button are unfounded considering rebooting the device fixes the issue. Only seems to occur when it's been on for a while or has less than 30% battery.

fresh-j

Feb 3, 2010
Did anyone ever fix this? I see this on a few versions of Lineage. Disabling the lock screen in System Profiles settings avoids the issue, but then there's no lock screen!

zosdog

Feb 10, 2011
Not The Display, exactly...

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cent observations. I have a Samsung Relay 4G (t699/apexqtmo). It worked flawlessly with its stock software / and official upgrade (I.C.S. & J.B). Once I upgraded to KitKat or Lollipop, the screen backlight would never turn on after waking the device on a single button push. The difference between these versions of android as it relates to waking the device can be found in changes to power management / wake locks code. I am not good enough to figure the ins and outs of this type of programming, but maybe this will give some hacker an idea of how to patch or work around this particular part of the firmware. Thanks!

brandonoh777

Mar 27, 2015
Just upgraded form stock to LineageOS rooted and all....display wake up worked fine b 4 now i have this problem also it will sometimes eventually wake up but takes forever and many button presses

zosdog

Feb 10, 2011
So, if anyone is till wondering about this, here is the information i believe to fix this bug, that is if anyone can integrate the change into CM KitKat and beyond for our sad old Relay. github.com/TeamApexQ/apexq/issues/24. Any chance this could be implemented through an apk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    most lcd have the problem. i got a lcd thrice now from different manufacturers had the same problem for some extent
    digitizer works fine but lcd doesn't have good connection
    My Nexus was also sometimes not waking with the power button. A custom ROM flash (Nexus4Ever) worked well, but still had the same problem. Probably related to this I would notice that when the phone did wake it was sometimes taking a few seconds to do it.

After some searching I found a solution under the lineageos forums -- search for BUGBASH-230 (can't post url here because this is a guest reply). Basically, you have to copy (copy them, don't move them) all tzapps files found in system/etc to system/vendor. It worked for me. There's no more delay in waking up and the problem has been gone for a week now. Before the fix it was occurring at least once a day. Try it.