• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Power delivery?

Search This thread

frgo

Jul 17, 2011
pd doesn't work from thunderbolt ports like it does for normal(*) phones and laptops

charger is not pd compatible (at least with stock cable, idk about other cables)

* nord 2 is a toy that looks like a real phone

frgo

Jul 17, 2011
So, you would choose another 8t or another phone? And why?
I have no idea what 8t is like. My previous phone was pixel 4a and nord 2 is nothing like the cheaper pixel when it comes to bugs and functionality. Sadly I broke the screen on my pixel and needed to buy something very fast. Reviews of then fresh nord 2 were very favourable so I bought it... There were even words like 'flagship killer' in some reviews. Sure it looks nice. Screen looks good for the price. Standby batter life is very good. But then there is the camera and the bugs and usual half baked chinese crap. And when the updates come they usually fix something imaginary not real problems.

Chriss46

Jun 21, 2021
CZ
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
My previous phone was Redmi note 5 Pro. For now I want to try higher middle class and Nord seem to be good choice. I only find some things about phone before I buy it.
Thanks for your opinion

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
Hi all, can anyone confirm PD for Nord 2? I think, 8T have 45W PD.
I'm wondering to take 8t or nord 2

One plus Nord 2 5G is recently released and you can expect new updates for the next 2-3 years compared to 8T, also it has 4,500 mAh battery in it and it will support 65W charging which fully charges in just 30 minutes.