• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Power saving mode - Can't change this setting in demonstration mode

Search This thread
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Exynos) and when I try to activate the Power Saving Mode I get this message: "Can't change this setting in demonstration mode". I looked under Developer Options and the Demo Mode is not enabled. Any idea why the option is greyed out (Under battery settings) and giving this message (when clicking it under settings or under the notification shade quick toggle) ?

Thanks

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Personally I never use this mode as it goofs up display settings.
Maybe the firmware is corrupted; if so not worth reflashing if this is the only issue.

Try clearing the system cache and a hard reset.
Try turning off Developer options.
If that doesn't get it, boot up in Safe mode to rule out a 3rd party app causing it.
Factory reset but I don't recommend it...

nyamekye

Jun 9, 2016
hello is anyone here that can help me solve my issue i won a note 20 ultra and i have the same issue i cant seeem to fix it were you able to fix yours and if so please how didi you go about it thanks

nyamekye

Jun 9, 2016
Sir do you personally think its a hardware defect or a software update can fix it, i tried flashing a combination firmware but i was getting a pit file issue

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sounds like a Samsung firmware bug.

Samsung will substitute smaller chipsets and components as needed during a production run.
So the base firmware may not be compatible with those devices unless Samsung recognizes the issue and modifies the instruction set for the firmware.
Congratulations, you're now a Samsung beta firmware tester...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Eventually Samsung may role out a fix.
If what I described above is the case Samsung is dependent on customers sending the phone in for repairs to physically see which chipsets or components were used in the build.
If it can be fixed by firmware they will likely roll out a patch if they get enough blow back.
If it can't be patched, replacing the mobo is their only solution.
If what I described is the case, sending it in under factory warranty is the only guarantee it will be fixed.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Try loading a early version of Device Care.

This is the original one loaded on my Note 10+.
It has 360° so if it loads firewall block this apk.
It may not load or behave erratically on a Note 20 or other models that aren't a 10+.
Not clue what will happen... are you feeling lucky today?

Attachments

• Device care_com.samsung.android.lool.apk
    14.1 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts