• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Power supply prevents deep sleep and causes high idle battery drain

Search This thread

MarvMan²

Jan 24, 2009
From one day to another I saw that my battery had an very high battery drain when connected to an powersupply via USB. I use the App "Battery charge limiter" which allows me to see the battery drain, because I can stop charging while on power supply. With another App i have found out, that the power supply prevents the device from going to deep sleep. So far I disabled all Apps in connection with the battery, wiped cache twice and updated the OxygenOS. The problem is still there. Does somebody know a solution for this or at least a workaround?

MarvMan²

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks for your answer. Yes i got root. The app Naptime says the phone is in deep doze / deep sleep but other apps say it's not and the battery drain is 20% in 10h.

Edit: The high battery drain shows the problem is still present.

EDIT2: Maybe this helps:

OnePlus8T:/ $ dumpsys power POWER MANAGER (dumpsys power) Power Manager State: Settings power_manager_constants: no_cached_wake_locks=true mDirty=0x0 mWakefulness=Asleep mWakefulnessChanging=false mIsPowered=false mPlugType=0 mBatteryLevel=86 mBatteryLevelWhenDreamStarted=0 mDockState=0 mStayOn=false mProximityPositive=false mBootCompleted=true mSystemReady=true mHalAutoSuspendModeEnabled=true mHalInteractiveModeEnabled=false mWakeLockSummary=0x1 mNotifyLongScheduled=+7s242ms mNotifyLongDispatched=-52s843ms mNotifyLongNextCheck=(none) mUserActivitySummary=0x0 mRequestWaitForNegativeProximity=false mSandmanScheduled=false mSandmanSummoned=false mBatteryLevelLow=false mLightDeviceIdleMode=false mDeviceIdleMode=false mDeviceIdleWhitelist=[1000, 1001, 2000, 10085, 10093, 10096, 10136, 10142, 10166, 10181, 10191, 10193, 10204, 10206, 10218, 10234, 10260, 10338, 10339, 10341] mDeviceIdleTempWhitelist=[] mLastWakeTime=68485298 (720216 ms ago) mLastSleepTime=69054615 (150899 ms ago) mLastSleepReason=timeout mLastUserActivityTime=68934615 (270899 ms ago) mLastUserActivityTimeNoChangeLights=68763480 (442034 ms ago) mLastInteractivePowerHintTime=69059697 (145817 ms ago) mLastScreenBrightnessBoostTime=0 (69205515 ms ago) mScreenBrightnessBoostInProgress=false mDisplayReady=true mHoldingWakeLockSuspendBlocker=true mHoldingDisplaySuspendBlocker=false Settings and Configuration: mDecoupleHalAutoSuspendModeFromDisplayConfig=true mDecoupleHalInteractiveModeFromDisplayConfig=true mWakeUpWhenPluggedOrUnpluggedConfig=true mWakeUpWhenPluggedOrUnpluggedInTheaterModeConfig=false mTheaterModeEnabled=false mSuspendWhenScreenOffDueToProximityConfig=false mDreamsSupportedConfig=true mDreamsEnabledByDefaultConfig=true mDreamsActivatedOnSleepByDefaultConfig=false mDreamsActivatedOnDockByDefaultConfig=true mDreamsEnabledOnBatteryConfig=false mDreamsBatteryLevelMinimumWhenPoweredConfig=-1 mDreamsBatteryLevelMinimumWhenNotPoweredConfig=15 mDreamsBatteryLevelDrainCutoffConfig=5 mDreamsEnabledSetting=true mDreamsActivateOnSleepSetting=false mDreamsActivateOnDockSetting=true mDozeAfterScreenOff=false mMinimumScreenOffTimeoutConfig=10000 mMaximumScreenDimDurationConfig=15000 mMaximumScreenDimRatioConfig=0.25 mAttentiveTimeoutConfig=-1 mAttentiveTimeoutSetting=-1 mAttentiveWarningDurationConfig=30000 mScreenOffTimeoutSetting=120000 mSleepTimeoutSetting=-1 mMaximumScreenOffTimeoutFromDeviceAdmin=9223372036854775807 (enforced=false) mStayOnWhilePluggedInSetting=0 mScreenBrightnessModeSetting=1 mScreenBrightnessOverrideFromWindowManager=NaN mUserActivityTimeoutOverrideFromWindowManager=10000 mUserInactiveOverrideFromWindowManager=false mDozeScreenStateOverrideFromDreamManager=0 mDrawWakeLockOverrideFromSidekick=false mDozeScreenBrightnessOverrideFromDreamManager=-1 mScreenBrightnessSettingMinimumFloat=0.001954079 mScreenBrightnessSettingMaximumFloat=1.0 mScreenBrightnessSettingDefaultFloat=0.45882353 mDoubleTapWakeEnabled=false mIsVrModeEnabled=false mForegroundProfile=0 mUserId=0 Attentive timeout: -1 ms Sleep timeout: -1 ms Screen off timeout: 10000 ms Screen dim duration: 2500 ms

Last edited:

ULTRAJC

Feb 2, 2021
Try Magisk Module: ACC

Choose the [charging switches]: "battery/op_disable_charge 0 1"

What it does:
When battery/charge state match the stop charge conditions you set, the phone will stop charge and uses power from the charger instead of the battery. Your battery will not drain at all.

This charging switche has one side effect on ONEPLUS 8T, the phone will not power any device via USB-C, if you need to use usb device on phone, you can simply stop ACC service, restart service when things done. Or set charging switch back to auto disable this behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarvMan²

MarvMan²

Jan 24, 2009
I tried ACC before for other reasons.
Now i tried your suggestion with the charging switch, but it didn't work so far.
Should i activate the option automatic change the switch?
And another strange thing: the battery stops charging at 80% even when i activate charge to 90% or charge one time without limits. Do you know how i can reset all options in relation the the battery charging management? The only other battery app "battery charge limit" is disabled.

ULTRAJC

Feb 2, 2021
· Automatic change switch = frist work one, and in my experience AccA APP always leaves some error in the config, better use ACC with command.

· Don't know how to reset all charging-related thing, sorry.
I only use ACC, the advantage of system less is that it will not mess up the system.

· Stop charging at 80% may be caused by the [Battery > Optimized Charging] setting.
Screenshot_20210620-015327.jpg

On my onplus 8T(KB2000) ACC seems only can fully control standard charger(QC or PD protocol). If use oneplus/oppo's charger(WARP/VOOC), current will always go up to 3A or higher, I didn't dig too much, that's what i want to avoid. (note: PD charger can charge 8T up to 26W)

I never allow charge over 79%(≈4.15V). For science… I did some "overcharge" tests today, here are some results:

ACC on my phone definitely works, set charge once to 90%, charging current appears almost immediately:

When using "battery/op_disable_charge 0 1" charging switches, 1.5 hours after fully charged the charging current is maintained 0, and the voltage does not drop:
Screenshot_20210620-005107.jpg

Even with some load, the voltage still not drop, charging current not even exist:

Last edited:
Reactions: MarvMan²

MarvMan²

Jan 24, 2009
ACC does now work perfectly fine and so does your workaround. Thank you very much for the help and effort! And your videos are quiet interesting. I downloaded AIDA64 myself to check the charging status.
I'm very happy I don't have to reset my phone 8)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try Magisk Module: ACC

Choose the [charging switches]: "battery/op_disable_charge 0 1"

What it does:
    When battery/charge state match the stop charge conditions you set, the phone will stop charge and uses power from the charger instead of the battery. Your battery will not drain at all.

This charging switche has one side effect on ONEPLUS 8T, the phone will not power any device via USB-C, if you need to use usb device on phone, you can simply stop ACC service, restart service when things done. Or set charging switch back to auto disable this behavior.
    · Automatic change switch = frist work one, and in my experience AccA APP always leaves some error in the config, better use ACC with command.

· Don't know how to reset all charging-related thing, sorry.
    I only use ACC, the advantage of system less is that it will not mess up the system.

· Stop charging at 80% may be caused by the [Battery > Optimized Charging] setting.
    Screenshot_20210620-015327.jpg

On my onplus 8T(KB2000) ACC seems only can fully control standard charger(QC or PD protocol). If use oneplus/oppo's charger(WARP/VOOC), current will always go up to 3A or higher, I didn't dig too much, that's what i want to avoid. (note: PD charger can charge 8T up to 26W)

I never allow charge over 79%(≈4.15V). For science… I did some "overcharge" tests today, here are some results:

ACC on my phone definitely works, set charge once to 90%, charging current appears almost immediately:

When using "battery/op_disable_charge 0 1" charging switches, 1.5 hours after fully charged the charging current is maintained 0, and the voltage does not drop:
    Screenshot_20210620-005107.jpg

Even with some load, the voltage still not drop, charging current not even exist: