Powered Nook Color Stand the cheap way.

Search This thread

watzone69

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, Texas
I have tried the plate/picture stands and also the Arkon (which I love for my Xoom) but neither one allow for the charging cable in portrait mode. Although the original box may be a bit bulky, this mod makes it into the stand that I want.

I always like companies that go that extra mile to give you more value. Add that to the amazing capabilities of the NC (bluetooth and GPS tethering) and you start to appreciate the B&N folks a bit more!

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
This thread is awesome. I pulled out the box and the portrait mode works great.

I came up with my own version of the landscape mode that's "adjustable". I put two strips of foam tape on the box and you can use the nook in landscape mode for viewing videos and a slightly more angled setting for typing.

Great use of the box!

I tried to post links to the pictures I took, but I'm a n00b here so I can't post the pics yet. I'll post them when I can.

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
I just realized something about my modified landscape mode as well. You can also use it in portrait mode as well. The nook stands up quite straight when the box is upright, but with the box on it's side and the foam tape addition, you can type and read in portrait mode as well.

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
Here are the pictures of the new landscape mode I created using the ideas in this thread.

2h52ut5.jpg

Landscape Mode 1 - viewing from a distance.

dwvv36.jpg

Landscape Mode 2 - viewing when closer.

msc0w5.jpg

Mikito1976

Jun 21, 2011
Orlando
Moto G
Google Pixel 4a 5G
That's a great idea. I do use a picture stand and it's pretty nice.

1352913975.jpg

Sent from my NookColor CM10 Beta5/ADW Ex using xda premium.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Here is how the Nook looks on the stand.

1352913982.jpg

1352913979.jpg

Sent from my NookColor CM10 Beta5/ADW Ex using xda premium.

Top Liked Posts