• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

powerful xip porting tool: XIPAddrTools 2.0

Search This thread

garfieldau

Oct 13, 2007
recently, i wrote a tool for xip addresses allcating. so, we needn't nightmare hard working again.

README for XIP Address Tools
2008/4/27 0:28:53
By Garfield Au

NOTE for your OS LANGUE:

This util supposts Simp.Chinese, Trad.Chinese, English, Italian, German, French, Portuguese Windows XP/Vista Only. The main reason is it has to
capture M'Reloc "Choose Modules" dialog's text.

in xipaddrtools.ini,
you can modify these values:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[COMMON]
LANG=1

;lang : 0 for SimpChinese, 1 for English, 2 for Other
;if you OS langue is not Simp Chinese nor English, please set LANG=2, and fill the lines below

[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Browse For Folder" ;English Example
OK="OK" ;English Example

;NOTE: while clicked "Choose Module" on M'Reloc v2's interface, a dialog should be raise now,
; Please Mark down the title and the comfirm buttom's text like example shown. Otherwise,
; my program can not capture the dialog so that it won't work at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: if you OS langue is not Simp Chinese nor English, please set LANG=2, and fill the lines

English:
Thanks To
Author of M'Reloc Misar
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=331094

Author of XIPPORT: bepe

And
[email protected]
who gives me lots of good suggestions.

Purpose:
This Util. invokes M'Reloc to modify DLL Address in XIP DIR, and modify corresponding imageinfo.txt,
which avoidng hard work by hand.

Usage:
1. Please place mreloc.exe and XIPAddrTools.exe in the same folder
2. SEL Work Folder/Import XIPPORT:
SEL Work Folder:XIP DIR which wanted to port, should be the "OUT" folder extracted by xipport
Import XIPPORT: XIPPORT has been lauched, this util will lock XIPPORT automatically,
and set work folder to "<xiport dir>\out", please make sure that you've clicked
"write map"
3. SEL Ref Folder: Refence folder for XIP
4. Left Address Window: Address for each DLL, and RED for Addr. Conflicts, Green for Space Avail.
5. V/D/modify/imgeinfo: modify sellected DLL's V/D Address(SXXX and imageinfo also modified)
6. Reigh Address Window: Highlight DLL's Address for Region0-4 DataPTR/RealAddr, and you can moifity
them by "Modify" button below(imageinfo.txt)
7. Space Bar: while ref. folder exists, click it for synchronize highlighted ref DLL and target DLL

Trad.Chinese
Thanks alexhk, who wrote an ini for Trad.Chinese Users.
please replace the lines below into xipaddrtools.ini in Trad.Chinese Windows.
Code:
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="瀏覽資料夾"
OK="確定"

Italian
Thanks ervius, who wrote an ini for Italian Users.
please replace the lines below into xipaddrtools.ini in Italian Windows.
Code:
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Sfoglia per cartelle"
OK="OK"

German
Thanks BR Robert, who wrote an ini for German Users.
please replace the lines below into xipaddrtools.ini in German Windows.
Code:
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Ordner suchen"
OK="OK"

French
Thanks spocky12, who wrote an ini for French Users.
Code:
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Rechercher un dossier"
OK="OK"

Portuguese
Thanks g77, who wrote an ini for Portuguese Users.
Code:
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Procurar Pasta"
OK="OK"

Attachments

• screenshoot1.jpg
    screenshoot1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,377
  • screenshoot2.jpg
    screenshoot2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 692
  • XIPAddrTools.zip
    550.7 KB · Views: 2,274
Last edited:

ervius

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2006
you are a member of the coolest experts of xda.. this will help so much in porting.. thanks again.. keeping an eye for this thread for future updates :D

EDIT: You need to rename the downloaded "M'Reloc.exe" to "MReloc.exe"

but are you shure this tool work???
I tryed with m'reloc and mreloc in same folder and ever give error "cannot find mreloc"

ervius

Nov 15, 2006
maybe am I that cannot use it, but I have 3 mreloc renamed in same its directory.

this is ini file for italian users:
-------------------cut----------------------
[COMMON]
LANG=2
[OTHER]
BROWSE_FOR_FOLDER="Sfoglia per cartelle"
OK="OK"
-----------------end cut--------------------

save the contents into "xipaddrtools.ini" and good work....
maybe with an ini example the things are easyer! ;)

ervius

Nov 15, 2006
WAW!!!!!!

with italian ini and good readdressing tables, I finally posrted old trinity WM 6.0 to WM6.1 19209, full xipping port!!! beautifull apps!!!! :)
maybe Ib can use also buildxip, but I need to know.... and now I can, and goal to port manually all xip!! ;)
thanks!!!!!

irus

Jun 29, 2007
this is what i don't understand - i don't see a ref folder. and i click modify but i dont know exactly what im looking for

7. Space Bar: while ref. folder exists, click it for synchronize highlighted ref DLL and target DLL

garfieldau

Oct 13, 2007
this is what i don't understand - i don't see a ref folder. and i click modify but i dont know exactly what im looking for

the conceipt of ref. folder is:
while porting a new xip, a good idea is to open a exist xip to see how it allocated. that's so called "ref. folder".
to open it, please click "SEL Ref Folder" (step 3)

cruzzmz

May 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Gr8 tool ... was looking for the english version since i cant figure out ur ver 1.0 ... so let me get it straight ... I have open my 19400 xip that is from another rom as the Work Folder, then I open my Ref folder (ori XIP frm my dev rom) then i can see lots of yellow with red addess so i presume that are all conflicts addresses.

So my question now, if i just change all the conflicts addresses (red) to the exact addresses of the Ref the yellow red will disappear, so is that the right way to do the porting?
What do i do with the dll that dont have a ref? leave it in yellow & red?

How bout the other tabs in the XIP address tool? what are those for?
When I click on Virtual Base tab, I could see lots of red lines under dll (ie: trueffs.dll) what does it mean?

Thanks

Last edited:

irus

Jun 29, 2007
ok 2 questions
1. the filesys.exe wont change is when i click modify and its the only file that wont do it the rest work perfectly

2. if there is a file in the ref folder that is not in the other folder should i just copy it over and if there is a file in the import folder that is not in the ref folder should i just delete it. thanks

cruzzmz

May 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
WAW!!!!!!

with italian ini and good readdressing tables, I finally posrted old trinity WM 6.0 to WM6.1 19209, full xipping port!!! beautifull apps!!!! :)
maybe Ib can use also buildxip, but I need to know.... and now I can, and goal to port manually all xip!! ;)
thanks!!!!!

dude
could u answer my questions above ... regarding the porting??? Thx

BTW
irus, how do u port ur xip? did u see the other tabs also? how bout the red line under some of the dlls in the virtual tab?