Pre and Post update bluetooth contact sync

Search This thread

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Hi,
got my Hero last Friday with the old 1.x rom.
Out from the shop, back in the car, paired it with my bluetooth handsfree.
Worked perfectly and synched all my contacts, contacts which the Hero had just downloaded from my Google account.

As soon as I had a computer in front of me (20 min later) I downloaded the HTC update (2.73). Updated my Hero, everything smooth, did again the setup, downloaded all my stuff from Google again.
Some time later got back in my car and had to do the pairing again, normal.

The weird thing about all this is that now my phone is synched to my car kit as if all the contacts were on the SIM.
When I browse my phonebook on my carkit, instead of having all the names listed and then by clicking on one of them accessing the detail selection with "Home, Mobile, Work...", I have all the names times the numbers.
Basically I have something like this:
PersonA/M
PersonA/H
PersonA/W

Updated to Modaco 2.2 and then to 2.3 and still the same.
On the other hand I have the impression (not sure, seem to remember) that with the 1.X old rom my contacts where displayed correctly. One entry per person and then the possibility to drill down to the details.

Anybody having the same? Is the "Radio" part of the rom responsible for Bluetooth sinc as well? Could try just reverting to the old one for that part only...
I'm using a Parrot very basic kit, think it's CK3100 if I remember well.

Cheers,
Ka.