Pre-Order!!!

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Hmm O2 UK website now says "delayed - delivery may take up to 2 weeks". I wonder if that's just for new orders or if all orders will be.... I hope not the latter!

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Arriving Wednesday, June 10

Who's that with?

Aneres11

Jun 9, 2019
just select the phone and then :-
1.) maximise the upfront cost (think £760 is max)
2.) drop the contract period down to the minium 3 months (from36)
3.) finally drop the amount of data each month to the mimium ( it starst off at 10g )

some people say you can cancel the contract straight after it starts so only end up paying 799 but im unsure if thats accepted within the contract or just a lack of checks that allow it.
Im happy to pay the mimium as its only 3 months

Thanks - I worked it out in the end but then decided not to bother with it.
I had the Xperia 5 and did like the phone but the camera let it down. This looks to be improved greatly, but I’m still not sure. Think I will wait for real user impressions before deciding whether to go for it. :)

Sensination

Jun 11, 2014
London
3.) finally drop the amount of data each month to the mimium ( it starst off at 10g )

some people say you can cancel the contract straight after it starts so only end up paying 799 but im unsure if thats accepted within the contract or just a lack of checks that allow it.

You don't even have tpay 3 months. You can cancel the contract as soon as you recieve the headphones so in worst case scenarion you will pay £799 for the phone and £18 for contract.

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
I have a tracking number but it hasn't left yet. Guaranteed delivery by Thursday. I typed Wednesday in an earlier post because that was FedEx estimate but it won't make it by then. Sony Taiwan just changed their website from "coming soon" to "buy" so it must be released in Taiwan. I'm sure this will be the version I get. It is nevermsrp. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: cd993

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I have a tracking number but it hasn't left yet. Guaranteed delivery by Thursday. I typed Wednesday in an earlier post because that was FedEx estimate but it won't make it by then. Sony Taiwan just changed their website from "coming soon" to "buy" so it must be released in Taiwan. I'm sure this will be the version I get. It is nevermsrp. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry for the slight off topic, but do you intend on unlocking the bootloader/rooting when you get it? I hear mixed opinions as to whether this may result in some camera features being lost due to DRM partition being wiped, though the potential to backup etc.

I'm in O2 UK and hopeful mine will arrive 18th June.

We can discuss elsewhere though, but likely a question on many peoples minds!

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
I haven't unlocked the bootloader on a Sony device in years. I just don't see the value in it these days but of course that is my opinion. It isn't worth losing functionality or the ability to play DRM content. I very much appreciate the talent and benefits developers bring to the table via custom ROMs and flashed and tested for quite a few years but no longer. The phone comes operating fairly efficiently and I have been with Sony since the X1 in 2008 so I have grown to like the icons, skin etc. It's a shame they have discontinued many of the proprietary apps but based on their market share globally I can understand why.

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com

i went ahead and pulled the trigger. Its the only semi local seller i have found with the purple one. I'm in Austin so it shouldn't take that long to get here from Houston. I have gotten a few phones from nevermsrp and have not been let down yet.

Aneres11

Jun 9, 2019
Good news for Sony.
Bad news for me who took too long to decide and now I'll be left with the cheaper headphones. :crying:

I may pull the trigger, I just don't know if I will get on with the phone as my history with Sony is a bit spotty when it comes to their cameras.

leony74

Apr 7, 2010

I just confirmed with nevermsrp, it's not gonna ship before 30th of June. If it does arrive early for you let me know.

Reactions: augie7107

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com

i assume yours still has not shipped. I got a label created email today for mine with an estimated delivery tomorrow. I doubt that will be happening

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
No shipment yet. I didn't even see the preorder tag line in the description. I bought every new Xperia flagship for the past several years on Ebay because the US never gets an early release and the carriers here aren't interested in Sony. I'll let you know if/when it ships. Sony Taiwan's link to buy is a dead end and Sony Hong Kong says available June 20. Week or two out.

xzpremium1976

Oct 18, 2018
No shipment yet. I didn't even see the preorder tag line in the description. I bought every new Xperia flagship for the past several years on Ebay because the US never gets an early release and the carriers here aren't interested in Sony. I'll let you know if/when it ships. Sony Taiwan's link to buy is a dead end and Sony Hong Kong says available June 20. Week or two out.
I believe that carriers USA are prohibited from selling cell phones that are not Korean, here in Spain Carriers sell many xperias and PS4 and it has 8 times less habitants

https://tiendaonline.orange.es/dispositivos/sony

Xperia 1 and 5 out of stock are waiting for xperia 1 mark 2 and Xperia 10 mark 2

https://www.yoigo.com/telefonos-moviles/sony

Here also out of stock

https://www.vodafone.es/c/tienda-on...ogo-moviles/sony-xperia-1-negro-128gb-313674/

Enviado desde mi J9110 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brotuck

Dec 22, 2010
Rotterdam
Are you thinking of rooting? Just curious if you are, too see what features/functionality is lost (especially regarding the camera), if any....
Right now, i am not thinking of rooting at all, i want to at least explore the stock ROM right now, that will take me at least a few weeks.
I will let other try to root and see what features(if any) are lost.

Compared to my S20 Ultra the screen is way better !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it !

Arrived this afternoon at the T-Mobile shop
    o2 preorder

Hey how have you done this?
    The deals I am seeing are all pretty rubbish.
    How come the airtime is only for 3 months?

I haven't unlocked the bootloader on a Sony device in years. I just don't see the value in it these days but of course that is my opinion. It isn't worth losing functionality or the ability to play DRM content. I very much appreciate the talent and benefits developers bring to the table via custom ROMs and flashed and tested for quite a few years but no longer. The phone comes operating fairly efficiently and I have been with Sony since the X1 in 2008 so I have grown to like the icons, skin etc. It's a shame they have discontinued many of the proprietary apps but based on their market share globally I can understand why.

I just confirmed with nevermsrp, it's not gonna ship before 30th of June. If it does arrive early for you let me know.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone