[Prerooted][flashable]zip[23.1.A.0.690][SGP521]Baltic Generic

Search This thread

Bird40

Jan 29, 2011
Minsk
Requirements:
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP521) with root and fully working DualRecovery 2.8.7.

Instructions:
  1. Download: SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip ( 1.22 GB ), mirrior: Mega
  2. Copy SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip on SDCARD.
  3. Go to recovery.
  4. Factory Reset (recommended).
  5. Install SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip.
  6. Reboot the system.

Last edited:

zohan99

Sep 20, 2010
For the love of God, I can't get into Recovery.. All hell broke loose since I updated to 4.4.4 and I would love to upgrade to Lollipop..
Things are so much easier on Nexus devices and my OnePlusOne

zohan99

Sep 20, 2010
Look at the OP
I was able to install 5.0.2 using flashtool, but because I can't get into recovery, I can't flash this prerooted zip file.
I'm a bit of a noob in regards to Sony devices, but is it possible to flash this file using flashtool..?

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I was able to install 5.0.2 using flashtool, but because I can't get into recovery, I can't flash this prerooted zip file.
I'm a bit of a noob in regards to Sony devices, but is it possible to flash this file using flashtool..?

Simple answer....no

The recoveries were really only working properly on 4.4.4, and that was only if you unlocked your bootloader and flashed a dual recovery+boot.img. For some reason, flashing a recovery to the normal "recovery" partition, even though successfully flashed, wouldn't allow access to it. Only the "FotaKernel" flashing (dual recovery) was working somewhat.

Theoretically, under 4.4.4, you could get to recovery by using "fastboot boot recovery.img", but it was ify-ify if the recovery would show on the display. I had to do it numerous times.

Once you've upgraded to 5.0.2, the only option is
a. Wait for a dev to make a compatible recovery (probably fotakernel type, or one that can be booted using "fastboot boot recovery.img"
b. Wait for somebody to create a modified boot.img which will allow adb push (to push superSu using up to date binary). I can do this, but right now am busy at work, and won't get around to doing it until sometime this weekend.

Either way, I suspect it's going to require an unlocked bootloader. But I wouldn't reccommend that until you learn the disadvantages and back up your DRM keys.

You could probably roll back a couple versions to an earlier OS (ftf flashing) and try with what recoveries we have now.

I'm still on 4.4.4 (unlocked bootloader and backed up DRM keys, not that you really need them for most folks), so will be working on it this weekend.

zohan99

Sep 20, 2010
Thank you for the elaborated answer! I have unlocked my bootloader, and was rooted on 4.4.2 but was unsuccessful in rooting 4.4.4.

I will wait until a modified recovery is released and hopefully be able to root then. Thanks again for the explanation.

gcfung

Mar 29, 2015
Sorry
I am noob
Can I know how to recover?
need to use another program?
Can i have the program name?
thanks a lot

Can I know how to install ?
SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip copy to SD card need unzip ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements:
    Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP521) with root and fully working DualRecovery 2.8.7.

Instructions:
    1. Download: SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip ( 1.22 GB ), mirrior: Mega
    2. Copy SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip on SDCARD.
    3. Go to recovery.
    4. Factory Reset (recommended).
    5. Install SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip.
    6. Reboot the system.

Simple answer....no

The recoveries were really only working properly on 4.4.4, and that was only if you unlocked your bootloader and flashed a dual recovery+boot.img. For some reason, flashing a recovery to the normal "recovery" partition, even though successfully flashed, wouldn't allow access to it. Only the "FotaKernel" flashing (dual recovery) was working somewhat.

Theoretically, under 4.4.4, you could get to recovery by using "fastboot boot recovery.img", but it was ify-ify if the recovery would show on the display. I had to do it numerous times.

Once you've upgraded to 5.0.2, the only option is
    a. Wait for a dev to make a compatible recovery (probably fotakernel type, or one that can be booted using "fastboot boot recovery.img"
    b. Wait for somebody to create a modified boot.img which will allow adb push (to push superSu using up to date binary). I can do this, but right now am busy at work, and won't get around to doing it until sometime this weekend.

Either way, I suspect it's going to require an unlocked bootloader. But I wouldn't reccommend that until you learn the disadvantages and back up your DRM keys.

You could probably roll back a couple versions to an earlier OS (ftf flashing) and try with what recoveries we have now.

I'm still on 4.4.4 (unlocked bootloader and backed up DRM keys, not that you really need them for most folks), so will be working on it this weekend.
    Update OP SGP521_23.1.A.0.690_Baltic Generic_flashable.zip with fully working DualRecovery 2.8.7.
    I just flashed this firmware on top of pre rooted 4.4.4 fw and to my surprise i didn't even need to wipe anything except Facebook app, it had few fc but nothing major.
    Only issue that i have is that xposed frameworks requires cache and dalvik (art) cache wipes on every boot.
    Other than that Facebook and xposed issues this thing is running better than kitkat.

Mii sooo happy ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone