• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Prevent app from continuing after restart

Search This thread

Styleboila

Feb 8, 2016
Hello, is there an option to prevent apps from continuing after restart? I have a app that is crashing because of a not mounted usb device. I always have to close it before turning the keys.

Styleboila

Feb 8, 2016
thank you for your reply but the problem is not the app itself. Its the behaviour when you shutdown the radio with running apps like my DABmonkey app and the AvIn app, at the next restart they start automatically. The Dabmonkey app needs a connection to a usb device (Monkeyboard) but the monkeyboard is not already mounted bevor the system starts the app automatically. So the app crashes because of no usb connection. I I hope this description is comprehensible.

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Ok, so you actually need and use that app.
It's not very easy to solve the problem, as the HU normally restarts all the apps it was running before shutting down, and I don't know of a way to exclude some of them from being reminded.
Maybe there is a possibility to automatically run some scripts at shutdown that kill the application... need the help of some Tasker expert...