Prevention Information Warning (Brand New Note3)

Search This thread

SeauxCrazy

Jul 21, 2010
Ok yall, so I haven't installed anything on my phone yet (just got it today), just let the phone run all the app updates that come with the phone. I keep getting the Prevention Information Warning on every restart.

"An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorised attempt to access system in your device. It may be solved by the policy update service."

I've searched this but have not come across someone with a non-rooted brand new phone phone with these issues. What do do next?

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Getting this message as well. I've had this phone since launch, messages just started yesterday. Only app I've installed is bit strips.

sEnt from thE noTe 3

SeauxCrazy

Jul 21, 2010
I'm wondering if this was done by some sort of backdoor update in an app from Samsung. Seems I only get it when my phone connects to a wifi router

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
I was getting the same messages. I had to freeze all the five Knox apps using titanium backup, reboot the phone, install titanium restore fixer app, and use titanium fixer every time I restored an app or data using titanium backup. This solved it for me.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Just a contrasting data point: I've had my N3 for a week, stock unrooted, dozens of apps installed, all apps up-to-date, and I have never encountered this error message. (My device is encrypted, if that matters.)

NaxIonz

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas
What is so infuriating about this, is that it doesn't tell you which app it is blocking. What in the hell is the point of blocking something if you're not going to even tell me what the potential threat was?!

Brau0303

May 9, 2006
Near Cincinnati, OH
my 2 cents

I started getting this error after Friday, 10-25 9no system updates I am aware of, stock/un-rooted) I had uninstalled almost all 3rd party apps and just decided to wipe and install from a clean base (that stopped the error, I have installed my must have apps and still good) I would really like to know what was causing this error.

Cheers,
BR

Reactions: NaxIonz

jaycb420

Sep 4, 2013
I have also been receiving this error message. Has been roughly 8-10 days now. Seems it appears every time I connect to wifi. (I use juice defender. Every screen unlock the notification pops up when connectivity is re-enabled) I'm stock/unrooted with the same apps I used on my note 2. (Fresh download no titanium restores) I have avg pro installed and it does not detect any errors/viruses/suspicious content. I'm debating factory resetting as well, but for my own curiosity would like to know what the cause of this message is rather then resetting everything and awaiting it to happen again.

Has anybody have any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks,

John

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013
Prevention Information Notification

Getting a similar message every several hours on my note 3.
How do we know which application is causing this warning.

Tuanle

May 5, 2011
Confimed that this annoying message appears on mine as well

It's got to be in Settings>General>Security somewhere, but I can't seem to pinpoint it either.

It's completely stock. I did NOT mess around with anything - root, sim unlock, bootloader, titanium backup (which requires root). All apps are downloaded via google store. Nothing seems unusual. I didn't install any apk that requires "unknown sources" checked.

Most settings are default. I only disable autoupdate, location services, and bluetooth to improve battery life.

Reactions: Guide6

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013
It's got to be in Settings>General>Security somewhere, but I can't seem to pinpoint it either.

It's completely stock. I did NOT mess around with anything - root, sim unlock, bootloader, titanium backup (which requires root). All apps are downloaded via google store. Nothing seems unusual. I didn't install any apk that requires "unknown sources" checked.

Most settings are default. I only disable autoupdate, location services, and bluetooth to improve battery life.

Same here, I did not play with roots nor anything else, just plain regular stuff and settings and downloading from the Google store and Samsung store. The message keeps popping up.

I googled the problem and don't seem to find a solution yet.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I downloaded the [APP] Notification History with the hope that it will record which application is causing this annoying warning.

Dreadsteel

Mar 9, 2011
Just started getting this today. Seems like when connected to wifi this pops up.

Also I just noticed that my phone started to not go to deepsleep very well. This started two days ago. I'm wondering if this warning notification is the causing my phone to not go to deepsleep.

knokfirst

Jun 21, 2012
knok.in
I am rooted and am getting the message. Also am now getting horrible battery life ever since getting the notifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Guide6

Oct 1, 2013
Since I installed [APP] Notification History few hours ago and I haven't seen the Prevention Information Warning yet, but it seems as if this app is preventing that warning because I hear a notification sound every couple of hours almost but nothing is showing in the status bar or in the list of the Notification History. Strange issue!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this link. Supposedly, it is the fault of Samsung Link. Try disabling it with titanium backup or in app manager and see if that stops the notifications.

Scroll down to raffigrant's post to see his/her explanation
    http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Androi...curity-Policy-Update-fails/td-p/534264/page/2
    my 2 cents

I started getting this error after Friday, 10-25 9no system updates I am aware of, stock/un-rooted) I had uninstalled almost all 3rd party apps and just decided to wipe and install from a clean base (that stopped the error, I have installed my must have apps and still good) I would really like to know what was causing this error.

Cheers,
    BR
    Confimed that this annoying message appears on mine as well

Found this link. Supposedly, it is the fault of Samsung Link. Try disabling it with titanium backup or in app manager and see if that stops the notifications.

Scroll down to raffigrant's post to see his/her explanation
    http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Androi...curity-Policy-Update-fails/td-p/534264/page/2

Thanks for the post but this fix won't work for us with unroofed devices. The Security Update program cannot be frozen or removed.

Hopefully Samsung outs a fix out for this soon.
    I started getting this yesterday as well. When I got the notification this morning I decided to get some info on it. It was definitely reproducable by switching Wi-Fi on.

Here is my temp fix.

Go to the app info of the notification.
    Clear cache
    Clear data
    Force stop

It will restart automatically like everything else but without the prevention info warning

It will also give you a warning about losing accounts. I tapped ok and everything seems fine.

After reboot it will come back. just follow the steps to make the temp fix until someone comes up with a permanent fix or an update is released

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone