[PREVIEW][OPP5]Android 8.1 Developer Preview

Search This thread

nesoor1230

Apr 25, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It's little bit different..just look at that View attachment 4153151View attachment 4153152View attachment 4153153

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing.
Why always there is no new tweaks, not a single one , such dark mode, double tap to wake. Very frustrating

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I have installed the new beta and it's suuupeeer sloooooooooooow, animations are very laggy. Not usable as a daily driver for me.
Very strange!! Did you make it by ota updating or new , what is your mobile model? Try to reinstall it. Because I have tried the first preview before and it was normal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA-Developers Legacy app

iamaniff

Apr 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Google Pixel 4 XL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170518-174751.png
    Screenshot_20170518-174751.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 451

scufita.rosie

Aug 31, 2011
Bucharest
I get around the same as with 7, see attached.

Someone earlier said it was laggy: well yes, the first hour, until Android settles down, but afterwards it's 90% like 7.
There is a small delay in launching apps (noticeable) but nothing to be scared of, and with no animation glitches.

How much SOT you have with android O dp 2?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170518-193323.png
    Screenshot_20170518-193323.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 590

pbailey212

Apr 12, 2011
I can't enroll in beta I get this message "Unfortunately, there are no eligible devices associated with this Google account." I guess I will have to manually flash it

AfterLifez

Apr 14, 2014
Ladispoli
I've installed the DP2 since its release. My Nexus 5x was slow at first for some time, but it recovered and now it's fine, except for the recent apps. The battery was bad in the beginning, but i did change some settings and i limited background activity for apps like facebook and messenger, not really sure that those settings did anything but my battery now is as good, if not better, than with nougat. Overall even if sometimes it's slow and the active display is strange, i'm happy with it!

tornido067

Dec 6, 2013
damascus
guys plz help..
after i have manually installed the latest beta
i have flashed in this order
bootloader
recovery
radio
boot
vendor
system
it gave me an error (your data is corrupted)
i have done a factory reset and now it is booting BUT it is sooooo slow and i cant install any app .
any suggestions ?

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Would use Dev O preview as a DD (or attempt to), but Gmail does not work. Actually emails don't work very well. I've tried another application. That is the only app that I have noticed being problematic with DP1
For me it's bee. Google plus.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Guys can anyone else confirm that beta 2 is so laggy and slow ??
Nope. Fast as hell for me after I rooted ,install TWRP and did a complete wipe and reboot , réinitialisation.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Any chance to activate aptX(HD) on beta1? Old .zip with codecs doesn't work.(
What's that do?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

So, anybody flashed the new O image yet? How is it treating you? I'm gonna give it a whirl myself when I get off work tomorrow. Things went kinda hectic today for me. Let's talk about it
It's great. A couple apps not.playkng nicely(messenger Android and Google plus for me) and the inverted color scheme in the quick settings area is nasty ugly.

radu.ro

Apr 10, 2015
For notification dots i installed latest pixel launcher O apk from apkmirror and in Settings/ Apps&Notifications/ Advanced/ Special App Access/ Notification Access and enabled Pixel Launcher swich. Voila!

Reactions: tember1214

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Works as a Daily Driver

I updated from 7.1.2 to Android O beta. It took about 5-6 mins to reboot after patching. There was a single file of around 1 GB+ and no further updates thereafter. It's been working fairly smoothly with all my data and apps. Haven't tried all the apps but all those used - about 20 - have not shown any abnormality. I have around 70 apps in total. It seems just as smooth as 7.1.2 purely on a subjective basis. It is difficult to say if it is smoother or faster than 7.1.2.. The only bug I have seen so far is the colour of the navigation bar buttons which are sometimes white on white on the apps screen - almost invisible. Other times they are black on white. Will file my bugs when I find a few more.

Reactions: phaeton_esc

haplo39

Nov 1, 2010
I have a problem with the battery life.
stock beta seems ok with respect to the performance and smoothness (except random force closes and some lags on several apps).

battery life seems ok when it is idle (still questionable). however, when I start using the phone (whatsapp, chrome, google play, playbook etc.), battery drains quickly (faster than it was).

Is there anyone who is experiencing this or do I miss some settings in the apps?

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
I have a problem with the battery life.
stock beta seems ok with respect to the performance and smoothness (except random force closes and some lags on several apps).

battery life seems ok when it is idle (still questionable). however, when I start using the phone (whatsapp, chrome, google play, playbook etc.), battery drains quickly (faster than it was).

Is there anyone who is experiencing this or do I miss some settings in the apps?
Likewise . Standby time is amazing. Once I being using the phone ,poof .

haplo39

Nov 1, 2010
google assistant stops working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the "google app" but there is no way to disable or uninstall the google app. (in Nouga I had done it once). Is there any way to uninstall the google app and reinstall from the google play again?

Top Liked Posts