• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Prime still Bootloop and to CWM and wont Mount

Search This thread

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
so its been already 2 months no way i can fix this still doing the same thing turn on boots and then loops to CWM same thing over n over and no connection to my computer so basicly now i feel i waisted 500 billz and used it from feb till now and no way i can fix it no ideas and asking around how can i putit back to live no answers yet nada so my guessin is not way a big amount and send it to asus or is there still a way to save it? i really missed my prime u use it alot but since still stuck on loop from EEE Pad to CWM and no mount :crying:

urboy4mbx

Oct 13, 2010
New York
so its been already 2 months no way i can fix this still doing the same thing turn on boots and then loops to CWM same thing over n over and no connection to my computer so basicly now i feel i waisted 500 billz and used it from feb till now and no way i can fix it no ideas and asking around how can i putit back to live no answers yet nada so my guessin is not way a big amount and send it to asus or is there still a way to save it? i really missed my prime u use it alot but since still stuck on loop from EEE Pad to CWM and no mount :crying:

I am having the same problem man......I can't get the PC to detect my prime so I can't push any .zip

if you get adb to work, this is a solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1661128&highlight=boot+loop

Last edited:

apfel.kuchen

May 22, 2012
@klutch

what have you done before your prime stuck in the boot loop?
tried to flash anything or something like that

lil-devil

Jun 30, 2010
Markham
www.curiositytotheoven.ca
if i remember correctly you can't mount the prime as a removeable disk in CWM unless they fixed it

your best bet is to go into CWM and use adb to push the flashable zip files in there

you can do that by the following commands

Code:
adb push [directory/file name.zip] [/mnt/sdcard/]

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
if your device is not recognized by windows, then ADB does not work. that's the OP's problem.... and mine as well. ~$230 to fix my prime.

InkD_up_G33k

Jul 20, 2012
naked drivers

I was able to get the PC detect my TFP by installing the driver from this link

[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.7

You should be able to adb afterwards....Then follow 'OPTION 1a" from this link

[HOW-TO] Unbrick your Transformer Prime (or not)

I installed nvflash to make sure this won't happen again :cowboy:

hope this helps!

i dont get how to install naked drivers when everytime i plug in my prime it just says unknown device in device manager and when i try to update the driver it says i have the best or latest driver. plz someone help me!!!!

urboy4mbx

Oct 13, 2010
New York
i dont get how to install naked drivers when everytime i plug in my prime it just says unknown device in device manager and when i try to update the driver it says i have the best or latest driver. plz someone help me!!!!

in CWM while the TFP is plugged to your PC, click "update driver" and make sure you point to the location where "android_winusb.inf" file is located.

if you are in CWM the TFP will pick up "android_winusb.inf" driver

if you are in fastboot mode the TFP will pick up "android_apxusb.inf" driver

Also, I had to try on 3 different computers to make this work.

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
i just found out wat happen the original usb asus was messed up and i brought one on ebay and it worked so all this for a USB cable i was going crazy

InkD_up_G33k

Jul 20, 2012
in CWM while the TFP is plugged to your PC, click "update driver" and make sure you point to the location where "android_winusb.inf" file is located.

if you are in CWM the TFP will pick up "android_winusb.inf" driver

if you are in fastboot mode the TFP will pick up "android_apxusb.inf" driver

Also, I had to try on 3 different computers to make this work.
Ok so wen i plug in my tfp while in cwm the only thing that pops up in device manager is unown device in the usb controllers section thats it and wen i try to update driver it says i i have the best driver already and im pointing it to a folder on my desktop with the naked drivers and nothing evn with have disk it says its not 64 bit or sumtn. im about ready to give up and just sell it to someone who prolly can fix it cuz i cant seem to get naked drivers to install to let the computer recognize my tfp so i can adb

apfel.kuchen

May 22, 2012
Ok so wen i plug in my tfp while in cwm the only thing that pops up in device manager is unown device in the usb controllers section thats it and wen i try to update driver it says i i have the best driver already and im pointing it to a folder on my desktop with the naked drivers and nothing evn with have disk it says its not 64 bit or sumtn. im about ready to give up and just sell it to someone who prolly can fix it cuz i cant seem to get naked drivers to install to let the computer recognize my tfp so i can adb

as I asked earlier, did you try to set your prime into fastboot mode and flash a fresh rom from there?

if it does not work with windows, you could try linux, e.g. an ubuntu live cd. download the linux fastboot from here

you can flash a new rom with
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash boot "path to rom blob"

or new recovery using

fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery "path to recovery image blob"

unfortunately i'm not able to supply links to download fastboot, sorry for that.

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
i just found out wat happen the original usb asus was messed up and i brought one on ebay and it worked so all this for a USB cable i was going crazy

wow, I thought you tried a diff cable already?? well, glad it was just the cable for you! I tried 3 diff cables on mine and it still didn't work

InkD_up_G33k

Jul 20, 2012
as I asked earlier, did you try to set your prime into fastboot mode and flash a fresh rom from there?

if it does not work with windows, you could try linux, e.g. an ubuntu live cd. download the linux fastboot from here

you can flash a new rom with
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash boot "path to rom blob"

or new recovery using

fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery "path to recovery image blob"

unfortunately i'm not able to supply links to download fastboot, sorry for that.

yea when i hold power and volume down it doesnt work as usual when it tells you to press up in the next five seconds. and ive tried restoring back up and flashing a new rom but it just boots up into cwm and my sdcard slot is ****ed up becuz of my lil cousins sticking **** inside the slot so it doesnt read anymore so i cant push files or put files on like that either.

apfel.kuchen

May 22, 2012
pressing vol- + power and vol+ after 5 seconds should lead you into recovery (CWM) but fastboot is somewhat different. if you do not press vol+ after 5 seconds but either wait longer, you will see a screen where to select how to proceed (USB mode, android, and something else). if you select usb and then connect the tablet to your pc you are in fastboot mode and should be able to flash rom and recovery using the fastboot tool on your PC. using this you wouldn't need a working sd card, only a rom and/or recovery in blob format.

InkD_up_G33k

Jul 20, 2012
pressing vol- + power and vol+ after 5 seconds should lead you into recovery (CWM) but fastboot is somewhat different. if you do not press vol+ after 5 seconds but either wait longer, you will see a screen where to select how to proceed (USB mode, android, and something else). if you select usb and then connect the tablet to your pc you are in fastboot mode and should be able to flash rom and recovery using the fastboot tool on your PC. using this you wouldn't need a working sd card, only a rom and/or recovery in blob format.
yes i know that but thats the problem im not able to go into fastboot i tried it, it reboots into recovery on its own and i know the only way im going to unbrick this is by adb but my device isnt showing up on my computer just unknown device under usb contollers which i tried to install the naked drivers but is unable to

apfel.kuchen

May 22, 2012
hmm.. ok thats bad.
do you have a linux machine to check if it is a windows problem?
because it doesn't really make sense to me that CWM is working but adbd not.

gdaniels13

Aug 14, 2012
i may have found a solution

this is just my experience but it seems like the different adb's that people are posting of the forums are outdated and dont work properly with some primes. I have tried several the windows task manager said "asus transformer prime adb interface" with the naked drivers as soon as i used the adb included in the sdk from <developer.android.com/sdk/index.html> it worked. so install the sdk then in the command prompt navigate to the platform tools inside where it was installed us the adb.exe found there.

as far as using the wrong drivers when you remove the device there might be the option to delete the device driver check that then scan for new devices......point it to where ever you unziped

this may not work for you but this is what finally resurrected my prime after 24 hours

pcdonovan

Jul 20, 2011
Okay I just had the same problem ... after some research and some trial and error I was able to fix my prime.

First to make your life simple open a command prompt. You will have a flashing cursor next to the directory that you command prompt defaults to.

In my case it was c:/users/peter
You can put the sdk files anywhere on your computer but if you put them in the default command prompt folder you don't have to change the directory with dos commands.

Next with your prime not connected go into the device manager and delete any instances of the prime. Reboot your PC.

Next download the universal naked drivers

Connect your prime, if you go back into device manager you'll find it under USB devices. Click on upgrade drivers and navigate to the universal naked drivers. It should install if not your universal naked drivers might be outdated but uninstalling / deleting the previous instance of your prime should take care of any issues.

Now do the following:

Make sure your Prime is in Recovery mode (CWM)

Open a cmd line on your pc

Type: "adb shell"

You should see a "#" now

Once you have that "#", please type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 bs=100 count=1 and press [Enter]

Now type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=16 count=1 and press [Enter]

Exit the shell and reboot your Prime via CWM

It should not reboot to CWM automatically now. It either boots your ROM or is stuck at the splash screen. If it is stuck, boot to recovery and install any ROM you want.

After this I recommend installing the androidroot.mobi custom boot loader and nvflash to make your prime unbrickable I also changed my recovery from cwm to twrp2 to help eliminate this from happening again.

backboneque

Jun 17, 2010
Same here

What if you only have TWRP Recovery and not CMW? I have the exact same problem, but none of my machines will even detect a new device to find drivers for. I have a laptop with Ubuntu 12.04, another laptop with Windows XP, and an iMac with Snow Leopard. All have Android SDK and ADB but I can not get either to detect the device in Recovery mode. I tried fast boot, but every time I click the USB symbol, the TFP just locks up and freezes and still no detection. Can anyone help? I know if I can get it detected, I will be able to handle the rest.

Okay I just had the same problem ... after some research and some trial and error I was able to fix my prime.

First to make your life simple open a command prompt. You will have a flashing cursor next to the directory that you command prompt defaults to.

In my case it was c:/users/peter
You can put the sdk files anywhere on your computer but if you put them in the default command prompt folder you don't have to change the directory with dos commands.

Next with your prime not connected go into the device manager and delete any instances of the prime. Reboot your PC.

Next download the universal naked drivers

Connect your prime, if you go back into device manager you'll find it under USB devices. Click on upgrade drivers and navigate to the universal naked drivers. It should install if not your universal naked drivers might be outdated but uninstalling / deleting the previous instance of your prime should take care of any issues.

Now do the following:

Make sure your Prime is in Recovery mode (CWM)

Open a cmd line on your pc

Type: "adb shell"

You should see a "#" now

Once you have that "#", please type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 bs=100 count=1 and press [Enter]

Now type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=16 count=1 and press [Enter]

Exit the shell and reboot your Prime via CWM

It should not reboot to CWM automatically now. It either boots your ROM or is stuck at the splash screen. If it is stuck, boot to recovery and install any ROM you want.

After this I recommend installing the androidroot.mobi custom boot loader and nvflash to make your prime unbrickable I also changed my recovery from cwm to twrp2 to help eliminate this from happening again.

Top Liked Posts