Question Privacy Custom Rom for Poco F3?

Search This thread

venomus001

Nov 25, 2013
OnePlus 3T
Xiaomi Mi 8
AOSP doesn’t come with Google’s suite of software applications which u might consider one of the biggest privacy issues on android devices, but unlike Apple u can install vanilla build which does not contain any data mining tools, as far as i know there is no telemetry in AOSP, i personally prefer caf which is more optimized repo for snapdragon devices, at the end of the day if u want total privacy stick with vanilla build (crdroid, BlissRom, SyberiaOS...) plus F-droid store or one of it's forks like Aurora droid app you will find plenty of useful open source apps provided by people like u and me and will not collect any data from ur device, if u still want to use apps from playstore you can flash MicroG: MinMicroG-NoGoolag-2.11.1-20220202153503.zip ( fyi u still have to update aurora apps from their website for them to work properly since this repo hasn't been updated since February ) auroraoss.com it will allow u to download apps from play Store anonymously but it does not guarantee ur privacy, if u are using accounts linked to you personally those apps will send private data no matter what and your device will be identified.

AOSP doesn’t come with Google’s suite of software applications which u might consider one of the biggest privacy issues on android devices, but unlike Apple u can install vanilla build which does not contain any data mining tools, as far as i know there is no telemetry in AOSP, i personally prefer caf which is more optimized repo for snapdragon devices, at the end of the day if u want total privacy stick with vanilla build (crdroid, BlissRom, SyberiaOS...) plus F-droid store or one of it's forks like Aurora droid app you will find plenty of useful open source apps provided by people like u and me and will not collect any data from ur device, if u still want to use apps from playstore you can flash MicroG: MinMicroG-NoGoolag-2.11.1-20220202153503.zip ( fyi u still have to update aurora apps from their website for them to work properly since this repo hasn't been updated since February ) auroraoss.com it will allow u to download apps from play Store anonymously but it does not guarantee ur privacy, if u are using accounts linked to you personally those apps will send private data no matter what and your device will be identified.
What ROM are you rocking at the moment? Any ROMs you generally recommend? Complete forks from CAF, or AOSP ROMs with CAF optimisations? Thinking of ArrowOS or LineageOS + GApps.. Don't need Pixel-features, just GApps ^^

Reactions: duttyend

co-moi

Mar 1, 2016
really nice topic the privacy stuff really becomes more and more important in the same manner like using Google apps. I tried many roms lineage / aicp / crdroid and now I am good with corvus. but the best you can do is install a pihole with anti telemetry lists on it and tunnel your devices with wireguard or OpenVPN over your own network than you even can run stock rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    really nice topic the privacy stuff really becomes more and more important in the same manner like using Google apps. I tried many roms lineage / aicp / crdroid and now I am good with corvus. but the best you can do is install a pihole with anti telemetry lists on it and tunnel your devices with wireguard or OpenVPN over your own network than you even can run stock rom
    Is there anything besides LineageOS?
    What ROM are you rocking at the moment? Any ROMs you generally recommend? Complete forks from CAF, or AOSP ROMs with CAF optimisations? Thinking of ArrowOS or LineageOS + GApps.. Don't need Pixel-features, just GApps ^^
    currently using crdroid v8.7 and microg