Privacy & Tech Giants

Search This thread

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
@kerstin92 actually, Big data is not a conspiracy theory lol xD
btw the BlackRock "conspiracy" is purely from arte documentary, not me (also available in your language)

it seems you are too lazy to read any of my links (or maybe you did not understand what you just read)

so let's pick samsung back-door (you have ask about information about samsung so why you don't read before judging about me?)

The folks over at replicant found a backdoor in the modem which allows it to read/write/modify files on a number of devices:

Known affected devices:

Nexus S (I902x
Galaxy S (I9000)
Galaxy S 2 (I9100)
Galaxy Note (N7000)
Galaxy Nexus (I9250)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P31xx)
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P51xx)
Galaxy S 3 (I9300)
Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)

They also mention a couple of ways to work around this

It wasn't me that drifted away, I only shared xda link as proof thats it's not unusal to ship spyware on stock ROMs, you were the one who actually pointed to "shady" chinese vs "fine" google - for which I have clarified big data is not a chinese phenomenon.

So if you don't believe in technical possibility of remotely powering on your samsung smartphone spying on you while you think it's switched off, I have more basic example for you.

alarm clock is just a regular app, right? what happen if you set alarm and switch phone off? ;)

kerstin92

Jun 16, 2022
I read all your links with great interest (as usual), thanks. Just adding that sometimes you can be "right" in stating technicalities correctly - but the way they're put into a larger picture can be lacking of facts and actual historical context (easily available context that is, nothing exotic or speculative). Concerns about device privacy/security, i.e. tactical considerations, are embedded in questions of strategy, as the very people you're pointing to are strategic actors. You are, of course, correct in that this problem transcends national borders - as global communcation standards necessarily do. The user, however, is a localized individual and so are perpetrators of crimes ("They eat, **** and fart."). Corporations are abstract constructs - criminals, however, are humans. You can't hunt down abstract constructs (e.g. "BlackRock") as this would amount to philosophical discussions and not a criminal persecution or prevention of harm. And the best way to remind yourself of the concreteness (and sometimes banality) of problems is by names, places, biographies, ... (Germans know this so well as many of our streets are named after actual persons).

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
I don't think assassins need any of this, nor they are smart enough to use it, even not if hacker sold it to them. hacker probably would track the assassins instead...

• Haha
Reactions: OldNoobOne

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
alarm clock is just example to demonstrate that smartphones can't really turned off.

let's give you some realistic use cases

google maps will show you every traffic jam in realtime. how do you think that works?
https://www.google.com/maps/timeline

have you ever used speech-to-text? every single audio record is saved to train speech recognition machine
https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity?restrict=vaa
Yep I think Google Assistant could easily speak in my voice and flawlessly replace me in answering my calls, if Google were to.

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
Bob: i can i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
Bob: you i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
Bob: i i can i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
Bob: i . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bob: you i i i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Alice: balls have 0 to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
Bob: you i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OldNoobOne

***No Sarcasm. I actually mean it***
@OldNoobOne If I did not misunderstand, your dream phone:
ahaha..I had one of these nokia phones back decade and a half ago i think, also another LG slide phone, Nokia was on Top back then. I dunno what went wrong with Nokia and Lumia.

OldNoobOne

Don't expect you picking up the details, but yeah if I were a hacker I would probably track and report a few assassins and terrorists and get some money.
ahaha, the biggest silent-spy i'm guessing could be the the Anti-Virus apps (coz thats the one app that the user willingly gives up access to ALL files in their computers ) and the second one could be the Firewall Apps. One of the most popular firewall apps' Dev even put a "$" symbol right besides the toggle that turns on the firewall.😱
FW_Spy.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we expect another update?
    I'm tired of all roms and i want something simple for basic usage
    Thanks
    Same here, I dunno why so many devs (including the army of 13-year old devs on t.me) build so many roms & kernels that are mostly the same, I didnt find Derpfest & PE very different from eachother but I was very impressed by Resurrection Remix on another samsung phone though. I do appreciate the hard work all the devs do but when it comes to realizing why old users want vanilla roms instead of gugle included, they dont understand the various serious scenarios of privacy requirement a user might want. They think as if only kids & college-brigade are the biggest users of android. Cant blame the devs coz most people (the whole world taken as one) dont care about privacy, they dont practise privacy much in their own lives, they just arent aware enough of it.
    Ask ANY dev how to block/modify shamshung, gugle, mi & hoawai core internal privacy intrusive apps and files & they answer "oh, im afraid thats no longer possible because beginning android 10 partition system has changed bla bla bla & also OEMs are making it more difficult to modify system partitions etc. and they have started taking complete control of their devices bla bla bla". So in other words, all these young devs are able to do is add new skins to android and find out rooting solutions. I do appreciate the rooting solutions (practically just one proper available-magisk) the devs provide apart from that they really cant do much apart than provide "debloated roms", NOT EVEN Lineage COULD BLOCK/MODIFY Privacy Intrusive Core System Apps beginning Android 9 Pie!
    Its SHOCKING how the OEMs and software giants have total disregard for Users Privacy....users have become absolute puppets in their hands. Nobody can drag them to court because they make users ACCEPT their Privacy Policies WITHOUT giving users an option to use the devices (That User Purchased) otherwise, unless the users allow themsevles to be followed everywhere. So its like Take It OR Leave It scene. Then our employers and peers and friends say "hey I just sent you the receipt/doc on gmail/whatapp/telegram/one drive /gdrive..what? you are not on gmail?.. oops but our company uses g-services bla bla bla". Men will be men no mattter how much order & tech is brought in. All the rules are being broken at the top while being made to look like alls fair at the user-end lol.
    What had started out back then as Developers & FREE-MINDED Users' Enthusiasm to bypass Gugle & OEMs iron fisted regimen on smart devices (more for the sake of human e-rights) has just seemed to have fizzed out as most devs are just busy projecting their new android skins & other tit-bit programs so they get a good job with some OEM or software firms, NO dev or user dares challenge the Software Giants & OEMs in court anymore about Privacy & Trackers as they get purchased or obsoleted & isolated by the Software Giants , OEMs, Peers & the whole Trillion Dollar Software Industry Machinery. In the last 10 years like everyone is busier WORKING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR A SOFTWARE COMPANY or Some Electronic OEM Giant. Everyones Hooked on to some electronic device in one way or the oher.
    I'm not complaining about a persons choice of livelihood or lifestyle or need for electronic gadgets but I see young kids just hooked on to big screens and smart devices in front of their faces 24/7 without real-world experiences, I'm just Shocked at how EASY it was for Software & Electronic Giants to sway aside individuals personal rights & privacy to take over this world almost unchallenged. Its no less shocking (& even traumatic ) than Thaliban! Did you notice the difference in the movies that were produced 15 years ago and now? Its just UNREAL & FICTIONAL software generated stuff now or mixed with real & unreal.
    Yeah, I know what u guys gonna say- " I need to visit the Psychiatrist! ". Thanks.
    Same here, I dunno why so many devs (including the army of 13-year old devs on t.me) build so many roms & kernels that are mostly the same, I didnt find Derpfest & PE very different from eachother but I was very impressed by Resurrection Remix on another samsung phone though. I do appreciate the hard work all the devs do but when it comes to realizing why old users want vanilla roms instead of gugle included, they dont understand the various serious scenarios of privacy requirement a user might want. They think as if only kids & college-brigade are the biggest users of android. Cant blame the devs coz most people (the whole world taken as one) dont care about privacy, they dont practise privacy much in their own lives, they just arent aware enough of it.
    Ask ANY dev how to block/modify shamshung, gugle, mi & hoawai core internal privacy intrusive apps and files & they answer "oh, im afraid thats no longer possible because beginning android 10 partition system has changed bla bla bla & also OEMs are making it more difficult to modify system partitions etc. and they have started taking complete control of their devices bla bla bla". So in other words, all these young devs are able to do is add new skins to android and find out rooting solutions. I do appreciate the rooting solutions (practically just one proper available-magisk) the devs provide apart from that they really cant do much apart than provide "debloated roms", NOT EVEN Lineage COULD BLOCK/MODIFY Privacy Intrusive Core System Apps beginning Android 9 Pie!
    Its SHOCKING how the OEMs and software giants have total disregard for Users Privacy....users have become absolute puppets in their hands. Nobody can drag them to court because they make users ACCEPT their Privacy Policies WITHOUT giving users an option to use the devices (That User Purchased) otherwise, unless the users allow themsevles to be followed everywhere. So its like Take It OR Leave It scene. Then our employers and peers and friends say "hey I just sent you the receipt/doc on gmail/whatapp/telegram/one drive /gdrive..what? you are not on gmail?.. oops but our company uses g-services bla bla bla". Men will be men no mattter how much order & tech is brought in. All the rules are being broken at the top while being made to look like alls fair at the user-end lol.
    What had started out back then as Developers & FREE-MINDED Users' Enthusiasm to bypass Gugle & OEMs iron fisted regimen on smart devices (more for the sake of human e-rights) has just seemed to have fizzed out as most devs are just busy projecting their new android skins & other tit-bit programs so they get a good job with some OEM or software firms, NO dev or user dares challenge the Software Giants & OEMs in court anymore about Privacy & Trackers as they get purchased or obsoleted & isolated by the Software Giants , OEMs, Peers & the whole Trillion Dollar Software Industry Machinery. In the last 10 years like everyone is busier WORKING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR A SOFTWARE COMPANY or Some Electronic OEM Giant. Everyones Hooked on to some electronic device in one way or the oher.
    I'm not complaining about a persons choice of livelihood or lifestyle or need for electronic gadgets but I see young kids just hooked on to big screens and smart devices in front of their faces 24/7 without real-world experiences, I'm just Shocked at how EASY it was for Software & Electronic Giants to sway aside individuals personal rights & privacy to take over this world almost unchallenged. Its no less shocking (& even traumatic ) than Thaliban! Did you notice the difference in the movies that were produced 15 years ago and now? Its just UNREAL & FICTIONAL software generated stuff now or mixed with real & unreal.
    Yeah, I know what u guys gonna say- " I need to visit the Psychiatrist! ". Thanks.
    #UPDATE:

Guess what I found out. Seems like Lineage 18.1 Vanilla ROM has joined hands with Gugle-spy too, even without gappz! My reasons-

[ A ]
    I installed TBPro V8 on Redmi N10 to take a backup (System + App data) of system & 3rd party apps, & the backup process got stuck at 93%, It was stuck forever trying to backup a system app called 'External Storage 11' ; so I froze the app (External Storage 11) using another freezer app (root) and disabled 'run at boot' feature too for (External Storage 11 app) and then AN INTERESTING THING HAPPENED - when I cleared Dalvik & ART Cache to reboot the phone it rebooted but....this time TBPro app refused to start!!! BUT THATS NOT ALL ...lol

[ B ]
    Then I used a Root File Exploration app to tryn disable the app (External Storage 11) from /sytem by renaming the app from ExternalStorage11.apk to ExternalStorage11.epk AND ANOTHER INTERESTING THING HAPPENED - This time the Root Exploration app refused to start!!! I didnt clear the Dalvik/ART Cache this time but tried to boot the phone...it was stuck at lineage bootlogo for sometime then OFox recovery got replaced by Twrp so no other option but to reinstall the Lineage 18.1 ROM!

[ C ]
    Mostly the andoid devices manufactured by OEM's after 2019 no longer come with removable batteries.

So my conclusions from [ A ], [ B ] & [ C } are-

> Higher grade AI [Artificial Intellingence] is most likely present inside vanilla aosp custom roms of 2021 too so aosp based gappz-roms will have built-in AI (Artificial Intelligence) most definitely, else how would the custom ROMs & OEM Stock ROMs know which 3rd party apps a user was using to tryn disable which critical system apps? I never used a sim nor ever connected to wifi so how?

> Privacy is not about vanilla or gappz included roms, Privacy-breaching Artificial Intellingence is always present in vanilla (non-gappz) roms too because the base andoid 9 ,10 or 11 that sits inside the 64/128 Gb storage doesnt go away by custom-recovery (custom-bios) wipes (maybe fastboot mode could wipe everything but i'm doubtful)

> If the AI (Artificial Intelligence) is capable enough to figure out what buttons a user presses when and for what reason (which definitely it is capable of as I see) then its not hard to imagine that the AI (Artificial Intelligence) could also self-boot the device (when a user has switched off the device or when the user is asleep) and turn-off firewalls etc. too to upload user's personal data to the satellites via users data (sim card) connection OR users wifi connection (using saved wifi PWs) OR using Open-wifi newtworks to communicate with external cloud servers.

> It's no coincidence then that the recent devices come with non-removable batteries because if the primary user of the device is 'User 0' then the AI [Artificial Intellingence] is 'User Invisible/User Hidden' & needs uninterrupted power supply to always be connected to external servers as and when it feels the need to ( ofcourse without users consent. What consent just a copy of your data sent, you still have your data!..lol ). Thats the nature of espionage isnt it? To make it look like something but the core purpose something else too. If you ask any geek or seller about why batteries are non-removable in recent devices they'll say "In-built batteries give better battery-backup!" but the Artificial Intelligence might need power when user is asleep or when device is switched off is something users just leave to their imaginative fiction. The recent andoid versions & even some aosp roms seem to put so much stress on Usage-Pattern Learning & analytics, no wonder.
    [ I had seen some lesser-known phones/tabs wake up the screen display for a fraction of a second even after I had switched them off long before in the night..but i presume next-gen AI wont even need display to be ON in order to access internet if programmed to do so ]
    I wonder why else would OEMs be so bothered to build 6000 mAh non-removable battery devices with heavier OS that hog the batteries (even when debloated) just to let the user have half-a-day worth of juice more than the older devices? Maybe they want uninteruppted power supply for their Mr. Artificial Intelligence to stay connected to their servers & so they provide Fast-charging as well, all the way upto 120W fast charge..lol

> They make it look like the user can just toggle a few switches in settings and regain privacy but the deeply embedded AI is hidden. I guess even if they accept using such intrusive AI algorithms in the future they wont give a demn coz for the S/W Giants & OEMs users are probably just foolish apes hooked on to games & social sites. It wont bother their conscience coz Trillions of dollars & careers & jobs are at stake, Its huge bizness for them now ; privacy can go for a walk.

> Prabable reasons for huge investments in Software Developement & Artificial Intelligence - Data-mining, Surveillence, Counter-Intelligence by various agencies, To show-off Tech-Superiority, To create a software-dependent world to turn apes into more logical-thinking beings using tech ..lol

BTW whoever are purchasing these complete-spy-devices (over-smart-fones, over-smart tvs, over-smart gadgets) with 800 dollars upwards are noober than me coz I spent just 400 and they paid way more than me to be spied on, these devices are still the same beneath, you like good wardrobes dont you? For me its just a very very expensive flashlight coz im not going to be using complete spy devices if I had the choice.

Thanks for listning. Dont even say it, yes im going to meet the psychiatrist now!
    #UPDATE:

Guess what I found out. Seems like Lineage 18.1 Vanilla ROM has joined hands with Gugle-spy too, even without gappz! My reasons-

[ A ]
    I installed TBPro V8 on Redmi N10 to take a backup (System + App data) of system & 3rd party apps, & the backup process got stuck at 93%, It was stuck forever trying to backup a system app called 'External Storage 11' ; so I froze the app (External Storage 11) using another freezer app (root) and disabled 'run at boot' feature too for (External Storage 11 app) and then AN INTERESTING THING HAPPENED - when I cleared Dalvik & ART Cache to reboot the phone it rebooted but....this time TBPro app refused to start!!! BUT THATS NOT ALL ...lol

[ B ]
    Then I used a Root File Exploration app to tryn disable the app (External Storage 11) from /sytem by renaming the app from ExternalStorage11.apk to ExternalStorage11.epk AND ANOTHER INTERESTING THING HAPPENED - This time the Root Exploration app refused to start!!! I didnt clear the Dalvik/ART Cache this time but tried to boot the phone...it was stuck at lineage bootlogo for sometime then OFox recovery got replaced by Twrp so no other option but to reinstall the Lineage 18.1 ROM!

[ C ]
    Mostly the andoid devices manufactured by OEM's after 2019 no longer come with removable batteries.

So my conclusions from [ A ], [ B ] & [ C } are-

> Higher grade AI [Artificial Intellingence] is most likely present inside vanilla aosp custom roms of 2021 too so aosp based gappz-roms will have built-in AI (Artificial Intelligence) most definitely, else how would the custom ROMs & OEM Stock ROMs know which 3rd party apps a user was using to tryn disable which critical system apps? I never used a sim nor ever connected to wifi so how?

> Privacy is not about vanilla or gappz included roms, Privacy-breaching Artificial Intellingence is always present in vanilla (non-gappz) roms too because the base andoid 9 ,10 or 11 that sits inside the 64/128 Gb storage doesnt go away by custom-recovery (custom-bios) wipes (maybe fastboot mode could wipe everything but i'm doubtful)

> If the AI (Artificial Intelligence) is capable enough to figure out what buttons a user presses when and for what reason (which definitely it is capable of as I see) then its not hard to imagine that the AI (Artificial Intelligence) could also self-boot the device (when a user has switched off the device or when the user is asleep) and turn-off firewalls etc. too to upload user's personal data to the satellites via users data (sim card) connection OR users wifi connection (using saved wifi PWs) OR using Open-wifi newtworks to communicate with external cloud servers.

> It's no coincidence then that the recent devices come with non-removable batteries because if the primary user of the device is 'User 0' then the AI [Artificial Intellingence] is 'User Invisible/User Hidden' & needs uninterrupted power supply to always be connected to external servers as and when it feels the need to ( ofcourse without users consent. What consent just a copy of your data sent, you still have your data!..lol ). Thats the nature of espionage isnt it? To make it look like something but the core purpose something else too. If you ask any geek or seller about why batteries are non-removable in recent devices they'll say "In-built batteries give better battery-backup!" but the Artificial Intelligence might need power when user is asleep or when device is switched off is something users just leave to their imaginative fiction. The recent andoid versions & even some aosp roms seem to put so much stress on Usage-Pattern Learning & analytics, no wonder.
    [ I had seen some lesser-known phones/tabs wake up the screen display for a fraction of a second even after I had switched them off long before in the night..but i presume next-gen AI wont even need display to be ON in order to access internet if programmed to do so ]
    I wonder why else would OEMs be so bothered to build 6000 mAh non-removable battery devices with heavier OS that hog the batteries (even when debloated) just to let the user have half-a-day worth of juice more than the older devices? Maybe they want uninteruppted power supply for their Mr. Artificial Intelligence to stay connected to their servers & so they provide Fast-charging as well, all the way upto 120W fast charge..lol

> They make it look like the user can just toggle a few switches in settings and regain privacy but the deeply embedded AI is hidden. I guess even if they accept using such intrusive AI algorithms in the future they wont give a demn coz for the S/W Giants & OEMs users are probably just foolish apes hooked on to games & social sites. It wont bother their conscience coz Trillions of dollars & careers & jobs are at stake, Its huge bizness for them now ; privacy can go for a walk.

> Prabable reasons for huge investments in Software Developement & Artificial Intelligence - Data-mining, Surveillence, Counter-Intelligence by various agencies, To show-off Tech-Superiority, To create a software-dependent world to turn apes into more logical-thinking beings using tech ..lol

BTW whoever are purchasing these complete-spy-devices (over-smart-fones, over-smart tvs, over-smart gadgets) with 800 dollars upwards are noober than me coz I spent just 400 and they paid way more than me to be spied on, these devices are still the same beneath, you like good wardrobes dont you? For me its just a very very expensive flashlight coz im not going to be using complete spy devices if I had the choice.

Thanks for listning. Dont even say it, yes im going to meet the psychiatrist now!
    I didnt mean any bad against devs though, they're just working for what they aimimg for, but yes AI inside Andoid 9, 10 & 11 make the device more of a spy gadget from what I sense. Rooting just allows some leverage but I see low-level thugs on street who know high-level thugs inside governments & gugle to pilfer data of individuals (they obviously use Analytics etc. to find just about any detail they need), that renders Root privilages practically useless. But, thanks for putting it on Privacy & Tech Giants. (y)
    interesting research..
    But theres no way anyone outside the comrade-world could escape big daddy Phentagons surveillance really, maybe not even the KayGB perhaps. Gugle, Mycrowsoft, Appel, Leenux distro communities, all work round the clock for Hoamland Sekurity, they are just the front desks for Phentagon. They prolly have all the 7.8 bil people in this world neatly tagged, filed up in a designated folder for future references in real-time. All this sekurity for the pretty woman walking down the street really, would an ugly duckling be given this kind of protection, not really doesn't happen. I use the Custom ROM channel to upgrade instead of OEM Update channel. Nova is the most popular 3rd party launcher.