[prj][Android 2.2 Froyo][CyanogenMod 6] [26-10-2010]

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
EDIT 26-10-2010: CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and CyanogenMod 5.0.8 Final available now!!

The following CyanogenMod-Ports are available now (stable is marked as FINAL):

• VaniljEclair CM5 (Eclair / FINAL V1.3 updated on 26-10-2010 )
  • "Official" CM6 (Froyo / FINAL updated on 25-10-2010])
  • FroyoRedux CM6
  • SuperF-Port
  • many more...

Quick-Installation-Guide:
Read this installation instructions by chase21

Thanks go to:

Balsat, XDANDROID-TEAM, Cyanogen + Team and everyone else whom I forgot.

Used kernel + modules: htc-msm-linux by glemson and balsat
Used rootfs: XDAndroid modified to run on EXT2-Partition
Mixed-Up and ported by: Neopeek
Source: CyanogenMod 6, CyanogenMod 5

Download latest release

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
whats the stability and battery life like on this?
I really do hate these questions...

I would imagine fairly similar to other builds, but test it out for yourself! Everyone's mileage varies because the age of the device, their location (cell strength), usage habits, etc... I could go on and on, but basically everyone's situation is very unique because of so many variables that effect battery life.

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
One notice regarding superF:
I forgot to include the fix for Wifi + Data. Sorry for that. New fixed build will be out tomorrow. In the meantime you may try out Froyorider or another CM6 and give me feedback. Thank you!

chi_ra

Jun 19, 2009
I setup Froyorider-Port on Diamond 500 and it ran fine for a few hours. I then used Windows for a few hours and when I booted Android later I kept getting the following error and this is making the phone unusable.

"The application Google Service Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

This message keeps coming even though I Force Close it.

superpc

Jul 31, 2008
Managed to get froyorider running for few hours, synced with exchange and google, installed few app, tested ringtones. All went well until I decided to reboot my phone, it got stucked at the "neopeek" boot animation, just kept looping but wouldn't get into the OS :(

cintao

Apr 25, 2005
i'm using a Diamond, and the froyo ports (every single one i tried) don't seem to work well due to the low amount of free RAM available
however, i returned to the donut build and it's blazing, it's faster than even winmo itself, plus it's the only one i can use on a daily basis
would love a donut AOSP port (possible CM), hopefully you'll get to that
keep up the great work!

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
i'm using a Diamond, and the froyo ports (every single one i tried) don't seem to work well due to the low amount of free RAM available
however, i returned to the donut build and it's blazing, it's faster than even winmo itself, plus it's the only one i can use on a daily basis
would love a donut AOSP port (possible CM), hopefully you'll get to that
keep up the great work!
iv ported a CM based Donut rom but its in IMG(.ext2) format, ask neopeek to port over to ext2 partition format

superpc

Jul 31, 2008
Just tried the CM6 official RC2 build, so far everything seems to work perfectly well, OC widget, gallery, account syncing etc, and it feels generally faster than XDAndroid AOSP system. Battery so far goes according to the trend of any android build out there, fast drain and slightly jumpy.

Overall very nice thanks neopeek!