PRL 60667

Search This thread

OtisFeelgood

Jan 10, 2010
Daytona Beach, FL
So I decided to check for a prl update and it updated my prl from 60665 to 60667. My friend did a prl update on his Hero but his is still at 60665. Did anyone else get this new prl? ;o

Edit: I'm getting better reception now since the new prl.

Attachments

• snapshot.png
    snapshot.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
So I decided to check for a prl update and it updated my prl from 60665 to 60667. My friend did a prl update on his Hero but his is still at 60665. Did anyone else get this new prl? ;o

Edit: I'm getting better reception now since the new prl.

Located in PA and yes just updated from 60665 to 60667, seems to have improved my signal at the house. Will have to test it out in known weak area's to see if it is any better

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010
its made my signal stronger and battery life last longer... normally at my house im between -98 - -100dBm now im anywhere between -90 - -101dBm lol... so battery's lasted me somewhat a tiny bit longer... I took it off the charger at 1pm, it's now 5pm and i have 71% left

DevinXtreme

Apr 10, 2010
To everyone havinf issues getting 60667:

Sometimes you have to tell it to update more than once (It's taken me up to five tries before). Update your profile, too. I don't know why it helps, but it seems to. I always do this:

Update profile ->
Update PRL->
Repeat until I get the update.

armyturtle

Aug 23, 2007
Haha... Listen - I used to work for Sprint on the network. PRL = Preferred Roaming Lists and is in a nutshell an updated list of towers in your immediate area along with some other information such as which neighboring towers your call can hand off to and under what circumstances (power levels, traffic congestion levels, etc.).

You're not necessarily going to automatically see some REALLY GREAT coverage improvement just by updating this. The reason some of you will and some of you won't is pretty simple: Geographical location. Maybe your neighborhood got a new tower (on Sprint's profit margins [well, now Ericsson actually since THEY maintain the network] there aren't very many new towers going up in a hurry), or maybe the RF Engineer for your area identified a problem or an expanded coverage need and tried to tweak the BTS (cell tower) parameters to improve coverage in that particular area. When the RF Engineer makes changes to parameters they are uploaded to a central location where when your phone either resets or is updated (PRL update) it gets the new PRL sent to it.

If your area had nothing changed... expect to see nothing different. :eek:)
If your neighbor just got a new monopole erected in his backyard and he's leasing it to Ericsson for $4k+ /mo. and beaming out airwaves, well then you can expect to notice a HUGE difference.

In the end, it's never a bad idea to do a PRL update manually once in awhile anyhow - especially if you're travelling out of your normal area. Doing so will get you optimal coverage for the area you're currently in. If you ever have signal issues - try the PRL update just for good measure, but don't hold your breath.

armyturtle

Aug 23, 2007
This happens sometimes briefly when you refresh the PRL list (loss of EVDO), particularly if it's on a busy cell tower. If it happens, rebooting your phone brings it back right away (heck you can even turn "Mobile" off & back on again and it should bring it back). If not, then move to another location where you'll be on a different tower.

animal7296

Dec 4, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT.
This happens sometimes briefly when you refresh the PRL list (loss of EVDO), particularly if it's on a busy cell tower. If it happens, rebooting your phone brings it back right away (heck you can even turn "Mobile" off & back on again and it should bring it back). If not, then move to another location where you'll be on a different tower.

Good to know. Like i said not sure of his credibility or anything so I take no stock in it. But thanks for that tidbit of info turtle. :D