• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PRO][KERNEL] Riyal-based kernel with better touchscreen precision & SE logo

Search This thread

askaguilr

Mar 31, 2007
Hi, this is my first kernel, this based on the latest Ultima ICS kernel from riyal, with two minor tweaks
-now touchscreen reponse while swiping is 4px instead of 9px, so no more bumpy movements while draging items
-official "Sony Ericsson" boot logo

Information about the touchscreen problem (if you have not noticed it):
http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/40474
the problem is present in latest FXP (but probably not in next's) and also in stock kernel ICS
The solutions was 99% done by nicklas lof, here:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/22164/

Works in Stock ICS, 431 and 587, it should work with FXP releases too

Installation:
Flash kernel using fastboot
Flash original Riyal wifi Modules using CWM

Riyals kernel thread is here

I do not deserve any credits on this, I just moved a line in code to compile and changed logo. :good:

Attachments

• dafkernel.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 3,142
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2012
Where I'm @
New Kernel for PRO [MK16a/i]

Thanks dafsoftware :good:

So just to clarify. Everything is the same as Ultima ICS Kernel v1.4 with the changes you made for the touchscreen precision and SE-X logo. The WiFi modules to flash are also of the v1.4 too right?

I'll try this when you confirm my query, as I am running on the Stock ICS MK16a 4.1.B.0.587 (US) build. I'll try to post any issues that I come across after flashing :cool:

[email protected]
MK16a Rooted, BL Unlocked
Kernel: LuPuS-PRo-v3-LiNaRo
Stock ICS ROM .587
BB 77

askaguilr

Mar 31, 2007

So just to clarify. Everything is the same as Ultima ICS Kernel v1.4 with the changes you made for the touchscreen precision and SE-X logo. The WiFi modules to flash are also of the v1.4 too right?

I'll try this when you confirm my query, as I am running on the Stock ICS MK16a 4.1.B.0.587 (US) build. I'll try to post any issues that I come across after flashing :cool:

[email protected]
Stock ICS ROM .587
BB 77

You are right, this is based in Ultima ICS v1.4, in fact Riyal already has this in his sourcecode, so next's versión should already have this fix, you have to use v1.4 modules

Reactions: [email protected]

heolongvang

Dec 21, 2007
I use this kernel with stock ICS 587 and my phone gets freeze every time I unplug from charger and PC.
Anyone has the same problem?

rajeshjamnadas

Dec 11, 2008
Can you please update stock kernel to use this fix.
Or give some link to add recovery to stock kernel.
Thanks,
Rajesh

askaguilr

Mar 31, 2007
I am, but not exactly when disconnecting the charger, only when its charging and very randomly, I think the source I am using has a messed up voltage table, I need to find the original voltage tables to fix it.

Rene_ajax

Jun 17, 2012
Amsterdam
I am, but not exactly when disconnecting the charger, only when its charging and very randomly, I think the source I am using has a messed up voltage table, I need to find the original voltage tables to fix it.

omg so nice plzz make it bugfree and everybody will be happy! Currently using this in combi with ics Miui. Thanks alot bro for ur work!
If u need any donation or help i will be there.
hopefully u will add more things if u have the time:good::good::good::laugh:

Reactions: siddardha21

1stichiban

Jan 18, 2012
omg so nice plzz make it bugfree and everybody will be happy! Currently using this in combi with ics Miui. Thanks alot bro for ur work!
+1
great kernel, thanks for your work.
also flashed it with MIUI ICS, feels smoother and fast.
thanks again.

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster
I think GB was 2px, but with the current driver is quite hard to tap on links at 2px, I will compile one at 2px if you want to try

OK - after reading more it sounds like there has been some structural change to the driver model (something that needs fixed at a deeper level). Anyway, it would be great if you could additionally provide us with a ROM set at 2px just so we can see for ourselves.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this is my first kernel, this based on the latest Ultima ICS kernel from riyal, with two minor tweaks
    -now touchscreen reponse while swiping is 4px instead of 9px, so no more bumpy movements while draging items
    -official "Sony Ericsson" boot logo

Information about the touchscreen problem (if you have not noticed it):
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/40474
    the problem is present in latest FXP (but probably not in next's) and also in stock kernel ICS
    The solutions was 99% done by nicklas lof, here:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/22164/

Works in Stock ICS, 431 and 587, it should work with FXP releases too

Installation:
    Flash kernel using fastboot
    Flash original Riyal wifi Modules using CWM

Riyals kernel thread is here

I do not deserve any credits on this, I just moved a line in code to compile and changed logo. :good:
    I have to install the img with fastboot ... And I have everything right???
    Thanks for this kernel. will give it try one of these days :)

[email protected]
    Stock ICS ROM .587
    BB 77

You are right, this is based in Ultima ICS v1.4, in fact Riyal already has this in his sourcecode, so next's versión should already have this fix, you have to use v1.4 modules