Pro2 has radio !! (cab online) :D!!

Search This thread

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah sorry, I immediatly came with negative comments. I do have to congratulate you. You are the first to get it working :)

R_phAn

Aug 22, 2007
Vaassen
Ha, splendid! Good job. I wonder if there are any noticable side effects. I don't have my tp2 yet - so it will be interesting to read what everyone's experience is.

The first question that comes to mind: will the radio work _without_ the earbuds plugged in?

Hamburg

Jan 23, 2009
Woohoo! Is it HTC radio application with tweaks or is it a new app that you developed?

Great work regardless and thanks in advance.

adolfotregosa

Apr 22, 2005
Ha, splendid! Good job. I wonder if there are any noticable side effects. I don't have my tp2 yet - so it will be interesting to read what everyone's experience is.

The first question that comes to mind: will the radio work _without_ the earbuds plugged in?

No :) they act has antenna.

Steve-C

May 3, 2007
Wales
www.steve-c.com
So no bluetooth wireless radio or radio-on-speakerphone I guess.

Maybe. Last phone I had with FM Radio was a Nokia 6230i. It too needed the earbuds plugges in as the acted as the antenna. However, you could play the radio through the loudspeaker. Maybe you just need the earbuds connected, and it will then play through whatever audio output you want? Course you would have a wire coming off the device....

Monty Burns

Mar 11, 2005
Doha
www.stuza.com
*maybe* this device is now back on against my preference of the Acer M900.....

Oh decisions..... honestly, whats the build quality like? Its always been awefull with HTC devices (had four, all have failed at one point or another)

billu

Dec 10, 2007
For people who have tried this, Are there any side effects? e.g higher battery consumption? I wouldn't have thought it consumed anything extra when radio isn't on. I want to know why HTC decided not to include it on release?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone