Problèm 4G+ in France with SM-N9860.

Search This thread

jirka607

Aug 9, 2010
Alšovice
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Until I got the N9860 I never paid much attention to the type of signal, but my 5G explorations made me more aware of 4G/4G+. I was also reviewing my network provider to see who would provide the best coverage for my needs. To do this I downloaded an app from the Play Store called nPerf and this allowed me to create maps of signal type and coverage as I travelled.

Here is a sample of aggregated data for my area for the EE network. There is a lot of 4G+, especially in town, but also in the countryside where I walk the dog. 5G is lacking here, which is why I do not care that it does not work with this phone and my network.

View attachment 5197645
So I tried nperf again and even though im in 4g+ area, im getting 4g only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-095347_nPerf.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-095347_nPerf.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 9
I performed a fresh survey today during my normal travels and in a 15km round trip, including 2km walking in a country park, I had 91% 4G+ for almost an hour of monitoring. The rest was 4G. Strong colour indicates strong signal. Pale colour is a weaker signal.

Have you made the changes from the thread I referenced in post #2? If you have then I have no more ideas to suggest. Maybe it is a further conflict between settings for different countries or network providers. In the UK I can get 5G on the Three network, but not my chosen EE network. This is the risk of importing. Sometimes things just don't work as desired.

Screenshot_20210125-111042_nPerf.jpg

jirka607

Aug 9, 2010
Alšovice
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I performed a fresh survey today during my normal travels and in a 15km round trip, including 2km walking in a country park, I had 91% 4G+ for almost an hour of monitoring. The rest was 4G. Strong colour indicates strong signal. Pale colour is a weaker signal.

Have you made the changes from the thread I referenced in post #2? If you have then I have no more ideas to suggest. Maybe it is a further conflict between settings for different countries or network providers. In the UK I can get 5G on the Three network, but not my chosen EE network. This is the risk of importing. Sometimes things just don't work as desired.

View attachment 5198393
Yeah i have done all the changes one user even suggested to turn off CA band combination check...which also did not help....but i spoke with my provider and was told that i should change my SIM and also told them after to whitelist my model and that should activate LTE+ and 5G

LahiruRD

Sep 3, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
T'es chez quel opérateur téléphonique ? T'as essayé avec une autre carte sim ?
Je suis chez BT, aucun prob pour 4G+. J'ai aussi essayé une carte sim Orange au début, aucun souci non plus.

Translation:
Which telephone operator are you with? Have you tried with another sim card?
I am at BT, no prob for 4G +. I also tried an Orange sim card at the start, no problem either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dcx77

Jan 17, 2021
Which telephone operator are you with? Have you tried with another sim card?
I am at BT, no prob for 4G +. I also tried an Orange sim card at the start, no problem either.

Je suis chez BT également mais pas de 4G +, ma compagne est chez BT avec un Note 10+ et Elle obtient la 4G + avec pourtant le debit est identique au miens via Nperf ... Bizarre

Translation: I am also with BT but no 4G +, my partner is with BT with a Note 10+ and She obtains 4G + with yet the flow is identical to mine via Nperf ... Weird

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@manager77 I followed your instructions to get 4g+, but on last step, to put id 1 or 2 for sim 1 or 2 can't find way to put any number...
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to use google phone from google play!
    Must type in google phone the secret code: *#*#27663368378#*#*

Then go to...

Code:

[2] UE SETTING & INFO

[1] SETTING [1] PROTOCOL

[1]AS

[2] RELEASE VERSION

[3] LTE 3GPP REL/CA CONTROL

[2] lnput Subscription ID 1 or 2 - depends of the sim slot you want to be activated- sim1 or sim2

REBOOT!

Here you go...You will have the carrier aggregation activated!
    No it does not reset the phone, in my case this manipulation did not change anything, I still do not have 4G + only 4G.