Problem after google cam installation

Search This thread

Giambus

Feb 5, 2018
Hi guys, I have a problem with the MIUI stock camera. After the installation of google cam, and so after the writing of the code "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1", my stock cam doesn't work anymore if it has the HDR enabled. With the HDR disabled it works.
I've tried to delete the code but the problem remains.
How can I fix this bug?:confused:
Thank you.

MyNameIsRage

Dec 24, 2017
Hell
Hi guys, I have a problem with the MIUI stock camera. After the installation of google cam, and so after the writing of the code "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1", my stock cam doesn't work anymore if it has the HDR enabled. With the HDR disabled it works.
I've tried to delete the code but the problem remains.
How can I fix this bug?:confused:
Thank you.

try writing "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0" and uninstalling the google cam

Giambus

Feb 5, 2018
I do that but nothing again.:(
Every options work but only the HDR has this problem.
I don't know.

ArK96

Jan 26, 2018
Bangalore, Karnataka
Apparently this is a problem with MIUI..don't try to install GCam on MIUI..I always advice people not to do that...it has always been buggy and breaks some function or the other.

On a custom ROM yes you can go ahead and try GCam and it will work flawlessly.

Now in your case I think your only option is to factory reset the phone. So take backup of your data and factory reset it. Your problem will be gone.

Giambus

Feb 5, 2018
Ok I understand. For example with the ROM "Pixel Experience" GCam works at the same time with the default camera?
Thank you.

ArK96

Jan 26, 2018
Bangalore, Karnataka
Ok I understand. For example with the ROM "Pixel Experience" GCam works at the same time with the default camera?
Thank you.
Yes. And it's not just Pixel Experience...any AOSP based ROM should work fine...that's the purpose of custom AOSP based ROMs. They're more Mod friendly for the users and more debug friendly for the developers.
If you decide to flash a custom ROM please do a thorough research on flashing and understand how it works..it is very simple and easy..just takes a few trials and errors at first.

Giambus

Feb 5, 2018
Ah ok. Thank you for the information.
I've already tried to install the "Pixel Experience" but the Google's logo remains stuck.
Can you help me?

Giambus

Feb 5, 2018
I've copied the rom in the internal storage. Then with TWRP I've cleaned the chace, dalvin cache and system, and after all I've launched the installation.
My device is also rooted.
The ROM is "PixelExperience_mido-8.1.0-20180121-0047-OFFICIAL".
I don't know what I wrong.:confused:

P.S. I've have Redmi Note 4 4/64 snapdragon version.

ArK96

Jan 26, 2018
Bangalore, Karnataka
I've copied the rom in the internal storage. Then with TWRP I've cleaned the chace, dalvin cache and system, and after all I've launched the installation.
My device is also rooted.
The ROM is "PixelExperience_mido-8.1.0-20180121-0047-OFFICIAL".
I don't know what I wrong.:confused:

P.S. I've have Redmi Note 4 4/64 snapdragon version.
You didn't wipe data in twrp??? Wipe {system+data+cache+dalvikcache} and then install pixel experience it will work.
Data is not your personal data, it's partition for your installed apps..your personal data is stored in internal storage so don't worry about wiping data partition.