Problem flashing recovery

John46

Apr 6, 2010
Hello I have a little problem in putting on a cooking sensation rom on my XL.

Then I followed the guides on the internet to unlock the bootloader so everything is ok.
When I go and put on the custom recovery from the command prompt, it seems that everything went ok, but when I try to open the boot loader from the recovery screen goes black and I just turns off the phone.
of course I also got root permissions.
What's wrong?
Could you help me pls?

Thanks in advance for any replies

guys i'm italian and i don't speak english very well. i use google translator. sorry for my english :cowboy:

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Hello I have a little problem in putting on a cooking sensation rom on my XL.

Then I followed the guides on the internet to unlock the bootloader so everything is ok.
When I go and put on the custom recovery from the command prompt, it seems that everything went ok, but when I try to open the boot loader from the recovery screen goes black and I just turns off the phone.
of course I also got root permissions.
What's wrong?
Could you help me pls?

Thanks in advance for any replies

guys i'm italian and i don't speak english very well. i use google translator. sorry for my english :cowboy:
Can you state which HBOOT you have?
Also, which recovery you installed and maybe link us to the method you used so we can see what you did.

Also, for future reference you should post in the q and a thread within the general section. :)

Sent from a Paranoid One S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DroopyDrawers

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Ah that's the wrong one. You need the touch recovery for that HBOOT mate. Ill try get you the link, just on the phone so takes a little longer.

Sent from a Paranoid One S using Tapatalk 2

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recogni
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Follow this process

1. Boot into bootloader, then press power button to get into fastboot
2. Open up folder where fastboot.exe is and make sure recovery.img is in there... you will need this recovery for it to work http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1041596&d=1336184770
3. Open up a command prompt in that folder (press shift and right click on mouse)
4. Type this in command prompt... fastboot flash recovery recovery_for_1.28.img
5. Wait for it to finish then reboot to bootloader
6. Go down to recovery and viola it should boot into recovery

If it still doesn't work you are doing something wrong somewhere ;)

dewage

Apr 5, 2011
colombo
Someone pls, come up and give help, I have unlocked boot loader and I want to flash CWM recovery and root. Which one should I do first root or CWM..? and which root method and CWM should I follow. phone detail are

RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.28.00

RADIO-3831.16.00.27_M

Apr.24.2012 from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
liverpool
Someone pls, come up and give help, I have unlocked boot loader and I want to flash CWM recovery and root. Which one should I do first root or CWM..? and which root method and CWM should I follow. phone detail are

RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.28.00

RADIO-3831.16.00.27_M

Apr.24.2012 from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app
you need this recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1336184770
then follow this rooting guide to get it rooted then you are good to go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1625841